Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link) | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link)

What will happen to Madison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DolfanDaveInATX said:
Green Bay? Are you kidding? They were atrocious this year, their coach is about to get fired, plus Brett Favre and Ahman Green aren't coming back. They're entering a long rebuilding cycle. Plus it is too cold for Sam.

BAtes is there and FAvre will be there 1 more year and Yes GReen is gone but it do not matter cuz Reggie Bush will be the back:dolphins:

Maby it isnt anyones fault. Maby the D we play now dosnt make the most of his skill set and he wants to go somwhere that does.

It's hard to expect a new coach coming in to uphold every promise made by somebody who held the reins prior.

Losing Madison will hurt our secondary as he still is the best corner we have but not as much as losing Surtain did. Hopefully Poole will be back next year (and good).

bakedmatt said:
way to turn your back on a frequent probowler guys. good job.

He hasn't made a pro bowl as anything other than an alternate since 2001, and I don't think he deserved a pro bowl nod since. (He was an alternate in 2002 but he was wayyyyy too inconsistent, much like the rest of the Fins D that year, to deserve that.)

He has more than lost a step.

Throw all of them in there and add Surtain / his agent for refusing to entertain a renegotiation / salary cut.

I wish Sam Mad the best, he was great for us in his day. Best of luck.
I think its a good sign that some of the vets are moving on, just because it means that there are youngsters ready to play at their positions. Its the cycle of the NFL, someone younger takes your place. Id have loved to have a groomed young Qb ready to take the torch from Dan or a good LT to take the reigns from Webb, this is a good thing that we have some nicely developed young Cbs to take over for Surtain and now Madison. Shows the team is moving past Wannestadt thank God.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Green Bay? Are you kidding? They were atrocious this year, their coach is about to get fired, plus Brett Favre and Ahman Green aren't coming back. They're entering a long rebuilding cycle. Plus it is too cold for Sam.
But he would be playing for Jim Bates.

I would hate to see him go. Sure he's been in a slump until recently but he's helped define who the Dolphins are as a team - same as Zach and J.T. We can't cast everyone aside for still unproven players. The team is 9-7 with a win tomorrow. With these players.

And keep Ricky around too!

WestCoastPhins said:
Here is a question to all of you. I am sure you have all by now heard madisons talkings about how this is his last year as a fin. if you havent, where have you been.

But the question can be asked whos fault was it that the orgainizations promise to him was broken. If you did not know the front office told sam if he took a pay cut they would use that savings to sign surtain.

Madison took the cut, and then wanny and rick were fired and saban took over. Saban then traded pat. So now we have madison refusing to take a pay cut because he was lied to before. So whose fault is it?

Vote above:

Wanny and Rick: for promising sam somthing and not finishing up on the deal
Saban: for not following through on the promise and resigning pat.
Rick S. only: For trading the 2nd round pick for feeley which we then traded pat for to get one back.
Sam: For realising it was someone else who made the promise and he should not hold this regime responsible. Although it was the same ownership that promised it would do somthing with his money.
And as a kicker, sams former agent: for not adding the stipulation that if pat is not resigned then the money goes back to sam.
and finally, drew R.: We all know and hate him, he is now sams agent and probably telling him dont take a pay cut they werent loyal. Look at eagles and TO man. (blah blah other drew rosenstab blab, blah blah).

I think it is the organizations fault as a whole you can not blame it on a specific person because to many things happened at once and the power was switching hands. I do not agree with what happened here but it is a business and things like this happen. I just hope everything happened for the better of the future.

hunter5nc1 said:
I wish we would have kept Surtain and got rid of Madison last year.

Ya I was hoping that would happen but I don't think we would of got as much for Madison!

Back
Top Bottom