Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link) | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link)

What will happen to Madison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You pose this question as if to imply that the Dolphins are the only organization who does this.
Situations change and quite frankly, as good as Sam was. He was never worth what his contract was paying him. He's been handsomely compensated with signing bonuses (guaranteed money) each time he has re-negotiated his contract. We should all be so lucky.

C'mon now. By no means can Sam hold the new regime responsible for past promises.
I'm not even sold that that is the reason he's doing it. I think he realizes his best days are behind him, but thinks he could land one more big pay day as a FA. He probably will get more in FA then we would offer. There's always someone willing to over pay for past performce.

I kinda think Madison gets his contract redone and stays.He is alot better than Howard and what are you gonna get in a trade.He can get his salary to match his playing status.He is a vet who needs to stay because I see others go say Zgonina Traylor ,Howard.

Hang in there Sam

Sam you might not go anywhere.The smile and confidence in your play shows you still have it.Just let your your contract be redone and you can stay on your team to the end.

MarSly said:
I kinda think Madison gets his contract redone and stays.He is alot better than Howard and what are you gonna get in a trade.He can get his salary to match his playing status.He is a vet who needs to stay because I see others go say Zgonina Traylor ,Howard.

With my 1500 th post I say sooooo longggggg mad-dog

I feel kinda bad about it. This is a guy who has given a lot of service to the team and was probably headed toward being in our ring of honor. It's a shame players can't play with teams long enough to do that these days.

NY_FinFan_72 said:
Yeah, I'm gonna really miss watching him SMILE after we LOSE.

Good one...Out with the old in with the new..Lets be honest SAM was good not great, we can definately live without him.. Then again he might flourish now that CHREBET retired!!!

He's probably gone but we better have a damn replacement. His play was much more consistant than anyone gives him credit for. Right now I'm not comfortable with a 2nd year man (Daniels) and a 3rd year man coming off a torn ACL (Poole) as our opening day starters. Not to mention NO NICKEL back. We need and insurance policy at corner, in case Poole is less than 100%.

dominizzo said:
Sam MAd i predict will go to Packerville

Green Bay? Are you kidding? They were atrocious this year, their coach is about to get fired, plus Brett Favre and Ahman Green aren't coming back. They're entering a long rebuilding cycle. Plus it is too cold for Sam.

Sam has been a great player for the Dolphins, I sure hope that he stays. He is still very good, and better than most of what is out there. Even if we take a corner with our first round pick it would be nice to have Sam teach him the ropes like he did with Daniels this year. What ever happens Sam has been one of my favorite players, and when he is gone all you haters will see what he gave to this team.

Back
Top Bottom