Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link) | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link)

What will happen to Madison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G-Force said:
I'll give you that you got me on that. But Sam is a differant situation. This is a buissness which is influenced by it's fans. If they try to trade Sam for a low pick and he does'nt agree with it their will be alot of Dolphin fans who will let their feelings be known and Sabans tenure will have lost alot of peoples respect as to how loyal he is to the franchise and it's history. Again if Sam don't agree with the trade will be the key thing.

It seems that Sam already has it in his head that he'll be playing somewhere else next season, so I don't think we'll have to worry about him not agreeing with it. And I'd rather trade him for a mid-rounder than cut him and get nothing in return.

Caps said:
It seems that Sam already has it in his head that he'll be playing somewhere else next season, so I don't think we'll have to worry about him not agreeing with it. And I'd rather trade him for a mid-rounder than cut him and get nothing in return.
Out of loyalty I say to hell with the pick. Sam deserves to play where he wants and if the new regime don't want him he has deserved that right. He has taken paycuts and has been a mentor to Surtain and our new guy's. He is a class player that loved his time with the Dolphins and has already made us a better franchise. He deserves the best.

Finz Fury said:
Well, if he wanted to stay a Dolphin then he could take a pay cut. Don't feel bad for the guy because he's the one putting his wallet before his heart. Bring on Will Poole!!

I want to tell you how dumb I think your post is but Im not because the mods will beat me.

IN_Rams_Fan said:
That's probably the likelier scenario. Not sure a guy who has been in the league so long gets a huge contract, but I think he has a decent chance at getting about what he is currently signed for. Just seems the Phins would prefer to get a draft pick rather than let him walk....

For my part, I'd rather avoid him going somewhere else because our resident bean counter thinks he wants ten bucks too much. We haven't seen a good FA signing since... OG Timmerman in 99? :( Now, we did trade for Aeneas Williams in 2001 and Marshall Faulk in 99, and then redid their deals... Both of those worked out pretty well, imo.

Anyhow, thanks for the dialogue. :D Might check back at some point for an update...
Anytime. Football fans are always welcome. I wish I could help you with more than speculation and opinion.

schytaxi said:
:dolphins: :thewave: in today game sam was great but i think it has passes him a great dolphin

I think it passes you a great typer too.

Such a stupid idea. Brilliant let's actually think that we're going to get another veteran CB who loves this franchise...

It doesn't even make sense from a business perspective. He NEEDS TO BE KEPT...

How do you guys even know Poole can start? Mitchell is a guy who went undrafted due to injury but even then let's say a fifth round draft pick is going to play nickel for us with no experience? Comon now...

Keep Madison, get Poole and Mitchell back, cut Howard, and maybe draft one more CB and then we'll be set...

silverloop13 said:
I want to tell you how dumb I think your post is but Im not because the mods will beat me.

Before you start calling me out, maybe you should continue reading from where you left off. I went on to say that I didn't know he restructured only b/c he was told that Surtain would be re-signed with the money he was saving the Dolphins. There is also a lot of other stuff I wrote that I suggest you read.

Firemedic18 said:
I dont feel sorry for Sam. He'll get his money elsewhere. Since thats all that matters to players anymore.

And what matters to owners who force taxpayers to buy stadiums for rich people who could afford to but thier own. I remember Marino taking a pay cut to get cast aside for the first scrub replacement Fielder. Sport is all about bilking the fans out of as much money as possible while spending the least.

I dont feel sorry for Sam. He'll get his money elsewhere. Since thats all that matters to players anymore.

Does it matter to you at your job how much you get paid? It does to me.

Loyalty is a one-way street in this league... the NFLPA is the weakest union in the big sports. Contracts are not guaranteed and players are right out the door as soon as it suits the coach/owner/gm. I'm not saying that's wrong, but to complain when the players want to have some say in their own future seems harsh.

There are hundreds of examples of players in football who restructure for the good of the team. That is certainly worthy of praise... but that DOESN'T mean that players that don't or won't are deserving of scorn.

They accomplished a hell of a lot to get where they are... the worst of them is still elite at what they do. It is not shameful for them to get a share of the record breaking profits of football.

The salary cap is too low.... the owners put more and more in their pockets and fans complain about greedy players.

Whos to blame

Here is a question to all of you. I am sure you have all by now heard madisons talkings about how this is his last year as a fin. if you havent, where have you been.

But the question can be asked whos fault was it that the orgainizations promise to him was broken. If you did not know the front office told sam if he took a pay cut they would use that savings to sign surtain.

Madison took the cut, and then wanny and rick were fired and saban took over. Saban then traded pat. So now we have madison refusing to take a pay cut because he was lied to before. So whose fault is it?

Vote above:

Wanny and Rick
: for promising sam somthing and not finishing up on the deal
Saban: for not following through on the promise and resigning pat.
Rick S. only: For trading the 2nd round pick for feeley which we then traded pat for to get one back.
Sam: For realising it was someone else who made the promise and he should not hold this regime responsible. Although it was the same ownership that promised it would do somthing with his money.
And as a kicker, sams former agent: for not adding the stipulation that if pat is not resigned then the money goes back to sam.
and finally, drew R.: We all know and hate him, he is now sams agent and probably telling him dont take a pay cut they werent loyal. Look at eagles and TO man. (blah blah other drew rosenstab blab, blah blah).

Its actually a combination of a lot of those and they all go into making the situation worse

Mostly a mix of these 3

Wanny and Rick for making a promise
Nick for knowing a promise was in place and disregarding it
Sam for not stopping and saying 'Ok its a buisness guys get traded whatever is best for the team I wanna be a part of'

Back
Top Bottom