Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link)

What will happen to Madison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IN_Rams_Fan said:
I edited my earlier post... I was confused :confused: had a "doh!" moment:goof:
I love Sam I am but I don't know what the future holds. I don't think Little is a bad guy and what happened to him could happen to anyone. For my devotion to Sam I can't say I would. As far as tralent I think it would be a equal trade. We have Roth, Taylor, and Carter so I hate to speculate. Either team would most likely be happy even if us fans aren't

...this sucks...

Although this is/was something most of us may have seen coming for some time, it still sucks to think Sam Madison may be somewhere else next year. I have to admit though, the things he said were very classy, and i respect how hes looking at things right now.

"We have a lot of young corners that are ready to play," Madison said. "They've prepared well. They're ready. I've done some great things over the last nine years here, and it's part of the business. It just happens sometimes."

He's a good man, he's a good player. I'm proud to be a fan of his, and i wish him luck where he goes. (assuming we don't keep him..) It takes a big man to say the guys behind him on the depth chart are ready to step up and play. Sam madison will be remembered as one of our best.

Caps said:
We're pretty stacked at DE with Jason Taylor, David Bowens, Kevin Carter, and Matt Roth, so no, I wouldn't. You can take him off our hands for a draft pick though. How does a conditional 4th rounder sound?
:fire: That is an insult to Sam. He is a probowl alt and has been a dedicated Phin for his career. He is far from done and performed at a high level in Sabans system. A fourth?:shakeno:

G-Force said:
:fire: That is an insult to Sam. He is a probowl alt and has been a dedicated Phin for his career. He is far from done and performed at a high level in Sabans system. A fourth?:shakeno:

He's also being paid his weight in gold, which lowers his trade value significantly.

Hmm...

Guess it would have to be a draft pick, unless we can get a 3-way deal w/ someone else... Not that I'm the GM (we actually don't have one :o ), but I'd be in favor of a 4 or a 5 for him.

Just ran across a thread on the cap forum that said he was a likely cap cut, thought he'd be an upgrade over about anyone we have... Are any of those guys FAs that might walk due to $$?

Caps said:
He's also being paid his weight in gold, which lowers his trade value significantly.
Which he has earned. The Rams would be greatly improved by filling a need and getting someone of his caliber. His trade value will be determined by team needs not by salary.

G-Force said:
Which he hs earned. The Rams would be greatly improved by filling a need and getting someone of his caliber. His trade value will be determined by team needs not by salary.

You are being a bit biased here. Why do you think we gave up a draft pick in the trade for Cleo Lemon, when we were indisputably giving up the player with more worth, due to his in-game experience and so forth? Because his salary was outrageous. What someone is being paid relative to his production on the field has everything to do with trade value, along with age, reputation, etc.

IN_Rams_Fan said:
Guess it would have to be a draft pick, unless we can get a 3-way deal w/ someone else... Not that I'm the GM (we actually don't have one :o ), but I'd be in favor of a 4 or a 5 for him.

Just ran across a thread on the cap forum that said he was a likely cap cut, thought he'd be an upgrade over about anyone we have... Are any of those guys FAs that might walk due to $$?
If you guys are looking for a leader in your secondary and Sam is avalible he is your guy. He anchored one of the best secondaries for 8 years even with rotating safeties every year. He is a shut down corner who loves press covering and is a proven talent that showed he can adapt to a new D after 8 years of a totally differant system. If he won't be here next year he will be given a coice of where he want's to go and if a trade is not reached they will release him in a respectful manner so you may can get him in fa.

Caps said:
You are being a bit biased here. Why do you think we gave up a draft pick in the trade for Cleo Lemon, when we were indisputably giving up the player with more worth, due to his in-game experience and so forth? Because his salary was outrageous. What someone is being paid relative to his production on the field has everything to do with trade value, along with age, reputation, etc.
Who says Feely is worth more than Lemon? Wannyspeil?

G-Force said:
Who says Feely is worth more than Lemon? Wannyspeil?

Lemon has never played in a single NFL regular season game, that's why Feeley is worth more.

Caps said:
Lemon has never played in a single NFL regular season game, that's why Feeley is worth more.
From seeing Feely play a regular season game I still disagree.

G-Force said:
From seeing Feely play a regular season game I still disagree.

OK, but the trade that went down supports my theory.

Caps said:
OK, but the trade that went down supports my theory.
I'll give you that you got me on that. But Sam is a differant situation. This is a buissness which is influenced by it's fans. If they try to trade Sam for a low pick and he does'nt agree with it their will be alot of Dolphin fans who will let their feelings be known and Sabans tenure will have lost alot of peoples respect as to how loyal he is to the franchise and it's history. Again if Sam don't agree with the trade will be the key thing.

Sam Madison

G-Force said:
If you guys are looking for a leader in your secondary and Sam is avalible he is your guy. He anchored one of the best secondaries for 8 years even with rotating safeties every year. He is a shut down corner who loves press covering and is a proven talent that showed he can adapt to a new D after 8 years of a totally differant system. If he won't be here next year he will be given a coice of where he want's to go and if a trade is not reached they will release him in a respectful manner so you may can get him in fa.

That's probably the likelier scenario. Not sure a guy who has been in the league so long gets a huge contract, but I think he has a decent chance at getting about what he is currently signed for. Just seems the Phins would prefer to get a draft pick rather than let him walk....

For my part, I'd rather avoid him going somewhere else because our resident bean counter thinks he wants ten bucks too much. We haven't seen a good FA signing since... OG Timmerman in 99? :( Now, we did trade for Aeneas Williams in 2001 and Marshall Faulk in 99, and then redid their deals... Both of those worked out pretty well, imo.

Anyhow, thanks for the dialogue. :D Might check back at some point for an update...

Back
Top Bottom