Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link)

What will happen to Madison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KB21 said:
It's a shame that, in today's game, players like Sam Madison can't stay with one team. Madison is a player that deserves to retire as a Dolphin.
I agree 100%. He's a true Dolphin in my time.

If Madison doesn't return, I hope he signs with the Chiefs to team up with Surtain again. Seriously. I sure as hell miss Surtain. Those two together were like Duper & Clayton, no bull****.

Samphin said:
No it doesn't. Reggie Howard won't be here next year. They just don't care enough about him to write an article about him.
Reggie Howard is going to be a big cap hit if we cut him. hate to burst the bubble but theres a reasonable chance he'll be here unless saban cant bear anymore of his terrible play.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
He said he wouldnt take a paycut to stay with the fins. he doestn deserve the kind of money hes making anymore.

to me that speaks volumes about this guys character:shakeno:

He's redone his deal MULTIPLE times.

The guy is just preparing for the fact that he MIGHT not be coming back. I think he's a bargain at 3.5 million a year.

Nick has not said anything...and he won't until the season ends. Until I see "Sam Madison, waived due to salary cap constraints" or something along those lines I'm taking every article with a grain of salt.

As for "he has struggled" in Nick Saban's defensive scheme...that is CRAP.

In the end, it appears that the Madison haters might get there wish...Sam might be gone.

Be careful what you wish for.

Boik14 said:
Reggie Howard is going to be a big cap hit if we cut him. hate to burst the bubble but theres a reasonable chance he'll be here unless saban cant bear anymore of his terrible play.

He's not going to be a big cap hit.

Well he's good as gone with that comment. What do you think we can get for him? That attitude has to change on him. All about $$

unifiedtheory said:
He's redone his deal MULTIPLE times.

The guy is just preparing for the fact that he MIGHT not be coming back. I think he's a bargain at 3.5 million a year.

Nick has not said anything...and he won't until the season ends. Until I see "Sam Madison, waived due to salary cap constraints" or something along those lines I'm taking every article with a grain of salt.

As for "he has struggled" in Nick Saban's defensive scheme...that is CRAP.

In the end, it appears that the Madison haters might get there wish...Sam might be gone.

Be careful what you wish for.

Really? OK sorry i wasnt aware of that. I think Madison could still do a good job at specializing in nickle packages. I even think he could cover teams #2 WRs just not the elite wideouts in the league. He has lost a step and can no longer keep up with those guys.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Really? OK sorry i wasnt aware of that. I think Madison could still do a good job at specializing in nickle packages. I even think he could cover teams #2 WRs just not the elite wideouts in the league. He has lost a step and can no longer keep up with those guys.

He's allowed one touchdown this year....one.

That was against Coles two weeks ago....Coles has always owned Madison.

L.T.21 said:
Can he play safety? :-) Bring him to our side!

Sam is below average at run defense and his tackling....is suspect at times.

I'll believe he's gone when I hear it from Saban....until then it is all conjecture.

byroan said:
He's not going to be a big cap hit.
I thought he was due some kind of BS 3m bonus if he was released

I think the last part...
Madison, who was named a Pro Bowl alternate last week, also said he would not take a pay cut to stay with the Dolphins.
pretty much seals the deal, that this will be Sam's last game as a Miami Dolphin.

FuturePhin said:
Well he's good as gone with that comment. What do you think we can get for him? That attitude has to change on him. All about $$

Why is it all about the $$, teams aren't loyal, why should we look down upon a guy who wants to make the most he can while in the league? He should have loyalty right? Just like the loyalty teams show when signing guys to back-loaded contracts knowing they won't see any of that money, but that's just a busines part right? Teams can do whatever they want and not get criticized by fans, but if a player does it is completely blown out of proportion.

Boik14 said:
I thought he was due some kind of BS 3m bonus if he was released

There's about a $1 mil cap hit on next years cap if we release him. He's as good as gone.

Back
Top Bottom