Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link)

What will happen to Madison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
His Dudeness said:
and mr. racoon, i don't compute how a second year player coming off a major injury and a pretty good corner in daniels equate to a pro bowl player in surtain and a still pretty productive player in madison.... i do however, like your name....

rocky, you met your match
na, doc, its only a scratch
and i'll be better
as soon as i am able...

well its more wishful thinking than anything else...

and yes it is a great song :)

djfresh47 said:
Why is it all about the $$, teams aren't loyal, why should we look down upon a guy who wants to make the most he can while in the league? He should have loyalty right? Just like the loyalty teams show when signing guys to back-loaded contracts knowing they won't see any of that money, but that's just a busines part right? Teams can do whatever they want and not get criticized by fans, but if a player does it is completely blown out of proportion.

If they didnt sign players to back loaded contracts, you couldnt have the players you have under the cap. Thats all business. A team has to make money somehow. Age is also a factor. You play the players throught their carrier, they get there extensions, etc and then they get old. They train the young guys and then they either retire or we let them go. Its a fact of football life. Hasnt Sam made a BOAT load of money already? He has to know he's on the decline,(but making the probowl sub didnt help that ego). Its just part of how life goes in the NFL. Take the paycut, and try and get to the number one goal that the core players have been fighting to get to. Thats how I look at it. Money isnt everything.

unifiedtheory said:
Sam is below average at run defense and his tackling....is suspect at times.

I'll believe he's gone when I hear it from Saban....until then it is all conjecture.

Last thing we need is a tackling safety..we need a converted CB thats a ball hawk! Ughh..our safeties (no exageration) are ALWAYS out of position.

FuturePhin said:
If they didnt sign players to back loaded contracts, you couldnt have the players you have under the cap. Thats all business. A team has to make money somehow. Age is also a factor. You play the players throught their carrier, they get there extensions, etc and then they get old. They train the young guys and then they either retire or we let them go. Its a fact of football life. Hasnt Sam made a BOAT load of money already? He has to know he's on the decline,(but making the probowl sub didnt help that ego). Its just part of how life goes in the NFL. Take the paycut, and try and get to the number one goal that the core players have been fighting to get to. Thats how I look at it. Money isnt everything.

Yeah, but to a guy who probably does not have much more time left in the league, he's gotta make the most money possible while he is still in the league. It is a business, so I don't find anything wrong with cutting a guy, or players holding out for more money, I just think it is complete hypocrisy when people say guys should be loyal to a team, when the team is not loyal to them most often.

First Surtain, now Madison. Who's next, Taylor?

I just got off a Pat's fan's message board, and those guys were voted 1, 2, and 3, as current Fins players who have "killed" the Pats over the years. Depressing, but I guess when you let your defense get old, some changes need to be made....somewhere Brady and Belichick must be smiling. :evil:

Pats 24, Fins 10 this weekend :jawdrop:

L.T.21 said:
Last thing we need is a tackling safety..we need a converted CB thats a ball hawk! Ughh..our safeties (no exageration) are ALWAYS out of position.

I think San Diego is like the Bucs were with Dungy, they're a very talented team but don't have the coach to get it done. A.J. Smith has done a great job, but the slow start hurt the team tremendously. The Chargers are eliminated, but I think they are the only team in the AFC that could've challenged the Colts.

byroan said:
There's about a $1 mil cap hit on next years cap if we release him. He's as good as gone.
Best news of the day. thanks :)

Aqua4Ever04 said:
He said he wouldnt take a paycut to stay with the fins. he doestn deserve the kind of money hes making anymore.

to me that speaks volumes about this guys character:shakeno:

Sure he does! Especially if it's only 3.5 million, and not 3.5 plus another 3 mil in amortized bonuses added on. If the cap hit is 6.5 again then I can see them asking him to take a pay cut because they will need to find relief any way they can.

Damn, I don't want Sam to leave...it's bad enough they took away our best CB, now they're taking away our second best....

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Really? OK sorry i wasnt aware of that. I think Madison could still do a good job at specializing in nickle packages. I even think he could cover teams #2 WRs just not the elite wideouts in the league. He has lost a step and can no longer keep up with those guys.

Do you mean he won't be able to cover them next year? Because up until today, Sam has been the only Miami Corner who can cover the teams #1 with excellent results.

Predaphin said:
Damn, I don't want Sam to leave...it's bad enough they took away our best CB, now they're taking away our second best....

Could be that NAte or Charles are coming to Miami

NAte Clements
Charles Woodson

Right price though

shed a tear

i don't care what all the haters have been sayin about madison as of late. but the article i just read about him playin his last game in miami is sad. one thing that made me a dolphins fan for so long is the players we have had over the years that have stuck it out and stayed with this team. in todays football world with free agency it seems like nobody stays with the team that brought them to the NFL. It will be a sad day when Sam Madison is gone. I wore his number in high school football cuz he was the man. I hated to see Patrick Surtain and Brock Marion leave too. I love what Saban has done with the team but he is breakin up the family. When u have a football team u have a family. My greatest memories of watchin the Dolphins play was our outstandin defense. Taylor, Thomas, Madison, Surtain, Marion. Marion was gone a couple years ago, then last year Surtain was gone, now Madison is gonna be gone. Sad day in my world. What's next? We get rid of Thomas and Taylor??!!!!! Sorry fellow fin fans but if u are as much of a fan as i am this should be horrible news.

Predaphin said:

I agree....I'm still hurting over Surtain. Madison is still a great cover corner. Just look around the NFL, there aren't many and there hard to get. I'd hate to see him go. He helps our overall defense tremendously.

Back
Top Bottom