Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link)

What will happen to Madison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the other team normally throws to the side Sam isnt? They throw to Daniels a lot. Daniels has gotten better though. Earlier in the year I would just call him "toast" for short. He is getting better.
If we are so far under the cap, why cant we afford Sam?

if you do leave Sam...

It's been a good run. Good lucj with whatever you plan on doing next year....

Madison for assistabt DB coach.

VanDolPhan said:
Another one of Rick's screw up jobs. The money paid to Madison/Howard could have paid for a good portion of Surtain's contract. Should have bit the bullet on Madison then. Surtain/Daniels/Poole sure looks a lot solid then neither with Daniels and Poole.

Actually, cutting Sam at the time would have damaged our cap for a couple of years. We woulda been paying dead money in addition to paying Surtain his fat contract. BTW, is Surtain an alternate CB for the Pro Bowl?? I see Sam is...

No one seems to know the cap hit for the release of Sam.

I think he is a good corner, not great good. He is worth 3 mil but his cap hit from what I read is 6. Can we cut him and get that 6 mil? That is the question!

I like Sam, I hate Howard. Howard is a 3 mil cap hit, unbelievable. Will sam stay? Depends on our draft.

Also those guys that speak of Daniels and poole so much! Daniels had a good rookie year but got burned a few times. Poole? A David Boston wanna be? A Eddie Moore wanna be? Huge upside with all the players mentioned if they can stay healthy. As of now they have not been. Dont get comfy with poole.

I will miss Sam if he goes. But if Saban thinks this will better our chances for a playoff run and maybe a SB appearance, then in Saban I trust.

...but I think Saban will try to find a way to keep him.

I can see Sam leaving, and get a 1 year contract somewhere. Then we make a playoff run, and he's sitting at home watching TV with a few of his new teammates who were eliminated in week 12 thinking to himself, "I'm set for life. I've made more than enough money. If I had taken the cut, I would be playing there right now!"

...then he'd come back to us for the vet minimum to try to help us get into the Playoffs again.

Then again hindsight, in that case is 20/20. He could very well join a SB contender next year too. If so, good for him!

This is some really big news. I don't see it as a bad thing though. Madison was a great player with Miami for many years. He received alot of love from the Dolphins. When Surtain was around, those two guys were worshipped. It makes sense for Madison to want to leave now. Not everyone will adapt to the Nick Saban system of doing things.

Madison still has a few more good years in him at CB. I wonder if he is good trading material. What do you think Miami could get for him? A third round pick would be nice. Maybe a current, active player and a third round pick for Madison? I wonder which teams will be interested in a pro-bowl veteran cornerback?

"I'm going to keep my season tickets and all that stuff because one day I'm going to be sitting in the stands watching Travis (Daniels) and all those other guys play."

Thats why I love sam, he is one of the few players actually loyal to his team

I really wanted Sam to retire a Phin. I want him, JT and Zach to retire as a Phin. They've been our best defensive players for so long. I really hope Saban keeps him, no matter what his contract is. I mean, he kept Howard and his bloated contract. Come on Saban, at least let Sam play out the rest of his contract. :(

This is ridiculous. If he's only going to make 3.5m keep him. WE CANT GET a better corner for that price. Don't give me this bull****, he's our best corner...

We are supposedly in great cap shape. Why not keep him?

tylerdolphin said:
We are supposedly in great cap shape. Why not keep him?

Ya what the **** is this all about. He shouldn't have to take a paycut considering how well he's played. Yes he can't tackle that well but **** neither can Tyrone Poole and he was a starting CB for the Pats in their Superbowl of 03.

Comon Saban...

Don't cast him off. Remind him that he's our best corner and he's a great tutor for Daniels+Poole+Mitchell.

It will be sad. I always loved Sam as a player. I always loved the way he smiled after he got beat. It was in a way of, "you got me this time, it will not happen again." A lot of times it didn't happen again. He has shutdown some great recievers in his day. I hope he can retire a Dolphin. It is too bad.

Ain't that the truth! It looks like Madison and Howard will both be released and Poole is coming off an injury. Look for Saban / Mueller to bring in at least three CB's in free agency / draft.

Sad to see him go if he does. I never grew up in the 70's and 80's era of Miami Dolphins like some on here, and since being a Dolphins fan of the 90's +, Sam is one of the few players that I've known only of having here. To see him go would fall heavy for me, as for all of us.

Give 'em HELL this weekend Sam, for old times sake!

Back
Top Bottom