Madison
tackles-212
passes def.-53
INT-10

Will Allen
tackles-288
passes def.-69
INT-8

Im begining to like Allen more. If the only knock on him is that he drops INT ill take that any day..(if he woulda caught the ones he droped who knows how many he would have)

PLus he's younger. You could make a case that Sam's man didn't get thrown at as much but yeah I think he is an upgrade over Madison.

If he bags 2 even this year and plays good D, plus tackles well it's all good...

Aqua4Ever04 said:
PLus he's younger. You could make a case that Sam's man didn't get thrown at as much but yeah I think he is an upgrade over Madison.
yup Allen is 4 years younger than Smad, Allen has only been in the leauge 5 seasons

Finsletmedown said:
stats for the last 5 years

Madison
tackles-212
passes def.-53
INT-10

Will Allen
tackles-288
passes def.-69
INT-8

Im begining to like Allen more. If the only knock on him is that he drops INT ill take that any day..(if he woulda caught the ones he droped who knows how many he would have)
and remember guys, he gives us the MENTAILIY adn CHEMISTRY of wanting to tackle not the oppose so we are getting positive vibes nnt bad or giving up on plays or the game. AND HE IS SOOO MUCH FASTER then Madison which is another key factore we need.

I love Madison just like the next guy, a great Dolphin, but god I won't miss those bonehead penalties he takes. I mean, every game it was a pass interference, unsportsmanlike conduct, illegal hands to the face, etc...

ρħϊηάτϊς°³ said:
I love Madison just like the next guy, a great Dolphin, but god I won't miss those bonehead penalties he takes. I mean, every game it was a pass interference, unsportsmanlike conduct, illegal hands to the face, etc...

agree.

Stats for CBs are worthless, a perfect CB would have no stats except for tackles on running plays.

Cobra84 said:
Stats for CBs are worthless, a perfect CB would have no stats except for tackles on running plays.

How so? Even if he had his man covered perfectly, that doesn't mean the QB won't throw it his way.

Cobra84 said:

:m359:

passes def. is a very good stat

Cobra84 said:

And if your DB is leading the team in tackles, then your LBs and D-line have serious problems. I remember when our questionable defenses of the late 80s and early 90s would have DBs who led the team in tackles - not good. What was JB Brown doing leading the team in tackles?!?

Joneal7 said:
yes they are...and Daniels had a good 12 last year...thats alot for most corners
ya, Defensive Coordinators thinkin they were gonna pick on a rookie got a rude awakening

Thanks for the stats. I think the biggest stat of them all is their ages:

Will Allen, 27 years old.

Sam Madison, abou to turn 32, April 23.

Those are a big difference. Madison has been solid for the Dolphins with a couple of great years. But, he has been very inconsistent of late and has been a much slower player.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

yeah i would agree on that...watchin a majority of the giants games since im from jersey and my bro is a giants fan....i know that will allen is a better player than madison...he's more athletic and is quicker as well. i like this addition. the only question i have is...now we have 7 defensive backs

1. Travis Daniels
2. Will Poole
3. Eddie Jackson
4. Renaldo Hill
5. Andre Goodman
6. Kiwaukee Thomas
7. Will Allen
(not to mention Shirdonya Mitchell who could fit somewhere in the starting lineup possibly)

So my question is where does this take us in the draft? Is it contigent that we could be picking up either an O-Lineman or a SS or FS? My guess would be o-lineman just to add more depth since we lost Stockar and D-Mac. But we shall see! :)

Back
Top Bottom