Merged: Madison vs Allen stats last 5 years | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison vs Allen stats last 5 years

Those stats don't really mean much....Sam could of been thrown to 250 times
and Will 500 times...Sam did catch alot of flags,He's always been a press corner and used his hands alot to throw the wr off time.
We can only pray that Allen can be as proficient as Sam has been for us,
maybe in this system he can,but it's not a even swap.With that being said,
I trust Sabo 100% and if He thinks this is the best route,so be it!

Allen is a solid tackler.....I have seen many Dolphin's games where our secondary just missed a lot of tackles and watched guys gain another 15-20 yards or took it to the house. Allen has younger legs than Sam and I think he will be a nice fit.

vanquenton said:
How so? Even if he had his man covered perfectly, that doesn't mean the QB won't throw it his way.
I guess he would have some stats, but my point still stands. Who would you rather throw to the guy being covered by Deion Sanders in his prime or Reggie Howard? A player who gets thrown against more often has more opportunities for stats.

There are too many varibles like the offensive style of teams played to make defensive stats in general good for comparisions. The Bengals and 49ers run/pass defenses would not make sense to compare. One plays in run heavy division, the other pass heavy.

Finsletmedown said:
:m359:

passes def. is a very good stat
I didn't say that stats are bad. The job of a cornerback to cover the reciever to prevent the ball from being throw to him, not rack up a bunch of stats.

Cobra84 said:
Stats for CBs are worthless, a perfect CB would have no stats except for tackles on running plays.

There should be a stat for balls thrown at you in man, and balls thrown in your zone while in zone. Champ Bailey is the best corner but never leads in picks because he shuts down a whole side of the field. A shut down corner is one who never lets his guy open.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
There should be a stat for balls thrown at you in man, and balls thrown in your zone while in zone. Champ Bailey is the best corner but never leads in picks because he shuts down a whole side of the field. A shut down corner is one who never lets his guy open.

I think one exist, I just can't think of the site. I know someone on this board remembers.

Finsletmedown said:
:m359:

passes def. is a very good stat
No it's not. Passes Def are a result of the QB going straight at the CB.

The best Corners in the league have nowhere near that amount of passes Def.

Dolphan23 said:
So my question is where does this take us in the draft? Is it contigent that we could be picking up either an O-Lineman or a SS or FS? My guess would be o-lineman just to add more depth since we lost Stockar and D-Mac. But we shall see! :)

Personally I would feel a lot better about the backfield if we picked up a safety in the first round. Aside from Poole's potential perhaps, it seems we are still missing a top-tier playmaker in the secondary.

But there are still many free-agents Miami is looking at to guess where they go first in the draft. But as someone noted eariler, it's great the way Saban is signing players to shore up the team so that come draft time we truly can draft the best player available instead of honing in on one key position.

Despacio said:
But as someone noted eariler, it's great the way Saban is signing players to shore up the team so that come draft time we truly can draft the best player available instead of honing in on one key position.
And plus: I'm so excited for the upcoming season, I can't wait.

Dolphan23 said:
yeah i would agree on that...watchin a majority of the giants games since im from jersey and my bro is a giants fan....i know that will allen is a better player than madison...he's more athletic and is quicker as well. i like this addition. the only question i have is...now we have 7 defensive backs

1. Travis Daniels
2. Will Poole
3. Eddie Jackson
4. Renaldo Hill
5. Andre Goodman
6. Kiwaukee Thomas
7. Will Allen
(not to mention Shirdonya Mitchell who could fit somewhere in the starting lineup possibly)

So my question is where does this take us in the draft? Is it contigent that we could be picking up either an O-Lineman or a SS or FS? My guess would be o-lineman just to add more depth since we lost Stockar and D-Mac. But we shall see! :)

sign lance shulters back, and add a cb in the draft jimmy williams or tye hill

Don't we also have Yeremiah Bell on the roster? I thought he started coming on last season.

Right now it is good to be a Dolphins fan. Yes there has been a complete roster overhaul in some regards, the core of the nucleus remains in tact. The leaders of the defense (and team) are still in town and yet we continue to supply them with talented players around them. I was normally someone that didn't like roster turnover, but if you look at what the top teams have been doing, then you will notice that they keep the nucleus in tact and upgrade all around. Sure guys like Madison have meant alot to this franchise, but getting younger and slightly better at the same time is certainly not a bad deal.

Tackles are very misleading stats for Cornerbacks. I remember a few years ago, Jamar Fletcher ammassed 12 tackles against the Colts. When I looked at the Game's play-by-play, I saw that EVERY tackle he made was after a Marvin Harrison catch. He'd let up a first-down completion and then make the tackle.

It was a piss poor game that was completely masked by statistics.

And with the first pick the Dolphins select Chad Jackson, wr florida

Back
Top Bottom