Merged: Madison vs Allen stats last 5 years | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison vs Allen stats last 5 years

I am very happy to have Will Allen aboard and can not wait to see how he contributes to the team. Man this offseason has been one to remember, I wish I actually lived in Miami so I could see the games.

Will Allen vs. Sam Madison

I found this interesting, don't know if its been posted yet...
Sun-Sentinel posted this. Guess we got a baller, he'll learn to catch!

Stats over the last 5 seasons :eek:

Sam Madison
Games: 76
Tackles: 207
Passes defensed: 39
Interceptions: 10
Will Allen
Games: 72
Tackles: 295
Passes defensed: 61 Interceptions: 8

FiN.in.RI said:
I saw just about every Giants game last year as well because they are popular around here. Everyone hates the Jets but they all love the Giants so when there is an NFC game on, 9 times out of 10 it will be the Giants..

Will Allen is no superstar but considering the salary cap implications that Madison had on this team compared to Will Allens cap number and then take into account age and speed, I'd say that this was a very good pick up for Miami.

Well said...we definitely got the better deal with Allen. Younger player and can tackle well. As long as we can stop the offense from converting on every 3rd down unlike our secondary from last season, I'm content with that. The interceptions will come I'm sure. :cooldude:

HULKFish said:
I found this interesting, don't know if its been posted yet...
Sun-Sentinel posted this. Guess we got a baller, he'll learn to catch!

Stats over the last 5 seasons :eek:

Sam Madison
Games: 76
Tackles: 207
Passes defensed: 39
Interceptions: 10
Will Allen
Games: 72
Tackles: 295
Passes defensed: 61 Interceptions: 8

You can't compare a corner by their stats. a good corner might not even see the ball as much as some1 who is just average so their stats might b down compared 2 other corners. Champ Bailey had a few years where he had only 1 or 2 INTs, and that's becuz nobody threw 2 him. they tested him last year and look at how many passes he picked off. you guys are insane comparing Allen to Madison. Madison was a perrenial pro bowler...what was Allen? In the weak NFC Conference he couldn't make the Pro Bowl. Antoine Winfield can tackle better than most linebackers...he'll rack up 100 tackles in a season but that doesnt make him a top corner. and more passes that are defended would only mean you're being picked on a lot more...which means that you're not getting respect...

plain and simple both guys fit their new teams alot better..

nyjunc said:
I don't care, I post at alot of boards w/ Gint fans and I know a million of them not to mention I get to watch Allen weekly. He's not good and a downgrade from Madison.

Just think, why would the Giants pay more for Madison and let Allen go if they thought Allen was good?

Just think, why would Saban pay more for Allen than Madison got if he thought Madison was good?

Allen is better in run support and equal in coverage (at least). He's also younger. Madison has better hands. I (and apparently Saban) would take Allen.

Why is hardly anyone mentioning will allen's speed? He has Champ Bailey's speed and will for a while considering his young age.

i gotta agree that allen is good , but c'mon guys ... Sam's the man..alot of good dolphin years here and ima miss him *tear* ...lol

rafael said:
Just think, why would Saban pay more for Allen than Madison got if he thought Madison was good?

Allen is better in run support and equal in coverage (at least). He's also younger. Madison has better hands. I (and apparently Saban) would take Allen.

I don't think he paid more for Allen.

Back
Top Bottom