Merged: Madison vs Allen stats last 5 years | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison vs Allen stats last 5 years

Guys who will play:

WILL POOLE, WILL ALLEN (The WILL BROTHERS: new name for our CB twosome) TRAVIS DANIELS, R. Hill.

Those other guys you mentioned:

Eddie Jackson, Andre Goodman, Kiwaukee Thomas, Shirdonya Mitchell(<dont even know who that is)

THese guys will never start. Except if all our starters go down with injury.

Not even counting whoever we may draft..Hopefully in the 1st round!!

nyjunc said:
How can you think Will Allen is an upgrade over madison? Even w/ madison aging and declining the Giants decided to give him a big contract and let Allen go. That should tell you something. I watch the Giants play alot and he gets toasted ALOT, he is picked on alot and gets beat alot. Saban is known to be a good secondary coach, can he make him better? probably but I doubt he can make him as good as Madison was even last year. Every move you guys make is not a great move, how you can rationalize this one is beyond me. Will Allen is an average at best Corner.

:rolleyes2
Hmm, when I read the Giants fan board, I didn't see anything about him getting burned alot. They say he didn't catch many INTs.

Many wished him well...have a look for yourself:

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92327

Superself said:
:rolleyes2
Hmm, when I read the Giants fan board, I didn't see anything about him getting burned alot. They say he didn't catch many INTs.

Many wished him well...have a look for yourself:

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92327

I don't care, I post at alot of boards w/ Gint fans and I know a million of them not to mention I get to watch Allen weekly. He's not good and a downgrade from Madison.

Just think, why would the Giants pay more for Madison and let Allen go if they thought Allen was good?

nyjunc said:
How can you think Will Allen is an upgrade over madison? Even w/ madison aging and declining the Giants decided to give him a big contract and let Allen go. That should tell you something. I watch the Giants play alot and he gets toasted ALOT, he is picked on alot and gets beat alot. Saban is known to be a good secondary coach, can he make him better? probably but I doubt he can make him as good as Madison was even last year. Every move you guys make is not a great move, how you can rationalize this one is beyond me. Will Allen is an average at best Corner.

I know a lot of Giants fans that would disagree with you.. He's not a shut-down #1 corner but neither is Madison.

Madison is a shadow of his former self period.
The only thing Madison has going for him is his name/reputation .

Regardless though, you'll see it for yourself.

nyjunc said:
I don't care, I post at alot of boards w/ Gint fans and I know a million of them not to mention I get to watch Allen weekly. He's not good and a downgrade from Madison.

Just think, why would the Giants pay more for Madison and let Allen go if they thought Allen was good?

I live in NJ and watch a crapload of their games too. You are just wrong here. Allen is faster than Madison and can tackle much better.
Their coverage skills at this point in their careers are about equal although Madison may catch more INTs.

nyjunc said:

Obviously because of his reputation and history.. Nothing more..

Don't forget that Madison has been burned alot last season and the season before that. His speed has diminished GREATLY and he can't hit worth ****: terrible in run support..

I could guarantee you that Allens/Madisons stats are fairly similar in terms of breakdowns in coverage in that regard.

FiN.in.RI said:
I know a lot of Giants fans that would disagree with you.. He's not a shut-down #1 corner but neither is Madison.

Madison is a shadow of his former self period.
The only thing Madison has going for him is his name/reputation .

Regardless though, you'll see it for yourself.

I have seen it for myself, for your sake I hope saban has a better plan for your secondary and hope Allen in a nickel back.

One thing about the stats is how many times did other teams not throw Madisons way. He was a valuable deterrent. Not so much last year, teams didnt mind trowing his way last year. I guess it was time. This Allen guy seems to be O.K.
I guess its Daniels and Allen to start next year. Sounds like a good start. They are both young.

Nice thread, thanks for the info.:dolphins:

Superself said:
I live in NJ and watch a crapload of their games too. You are just wrong here. Allen is faster than Madison and can tackle much better.
Their coverage skills at this point in their careers are about equal although Madison may catch more INTs.

I saw just about every Giants game last year as well because they are popular around here. Everyone hates the Jets but they all love the Giants so when there is an NFC game on, 9 times out of 10 it will be the Giants..

Will Allen is no superstar but considering the salary cap implications that Madison had on this team compared to Will Allens cap number and then take into account age and speed, I'd say that this was a very good pick up for Miami.

nyjunc said:
I have seen it for myself, for your sake I hope saban has a better plan for your secondary and hope Allen in a nickel back.

Yeah and I have too. And I saw enough of Miami as well to make a rough comparison.

Allen won't be the nickle back unless we draft a star corner in Round 1..
He'll likely be the #2 corner behind Will Poole

Will Allen when at Syracuse was a great corner. He was physical and a shut corner that made big plays. I for one am not concerned even if he don't start because I think we are now deeper and more talented all around at the cb position than ever. Not saying the two that start are going to be Sam and Pat but we will go into training camp and preseason with at least four fighting to start. Daniels, Poole, Allen, Thomas are the front runners IMO butMitchell and Hill will also be in the battle I think. Some even like Goodman but one thing is for sure they will be playing their tails off trying to be the starters. I say just sit back and enjoy because this may be the best competition we have ever seen as Phin fans.

does he have good speed? enough to hang with the #1 guys? if not we better find a #1 CB, I like Daniels but he's only a #2 guy with his lack of speed

Rubbin420 said:
One thing about the stats is how many times did other teams not throw Madisons way. He was a valuable deterrent. Not so much last year, teams didnt mind trowing his way last year. I guess it was time. This Allen guy seems to be O.K.
I guess its Daniels and Allen to start next year. Sounds like a good start. They are both young.

Nice thread, thanks for the info.:dolphins:

That is a good value to Madison, his name and reputation gets things done on the field.. It's all intangible IMO which is a good thing for the G-men.. I think the deal works out for both sides but i think in Miami's situation, Allen fits the Phins' defense and plans well with what they are trying to do..Too much so, to say Miami got any kind of raw deal..

nick1 said:
does he have good speed? enough to hang with the #1 guys? if not we better find a #1 CB, I like Daniels but he's only a #2 guy with his lack of speed

I think Poole will be our #1 with Allen at the #2 spot..

Very early to say though, at this point.

nick1 said:
On one thread they said he was running the forty in 4.29. I know when he was coming out of college he was a top 2-3 corner in the draft and when at Syracuse he was a big playmaker in the secondary and returning punts and kickoffs for TD's.

Back
Top Bottom