Merged: Madison vs Allen stats last 5 years | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison vs Allen stats last 5 years

You can see that Saban keep on bringing his kind of guys....young players that can play a role for the team and be team players....he's not gonna get a bunch of big names all the time but e's getting players that will help us win...Hill, Goodman and now Allen give us some real good depth and Hodge helps us at LB too...plus we'll have a lot more speed on our defence and on special teams.....now if we get Lavar or Julian we'll be set for the draft.

Ozzy rules!!

Allen's most important stat!

Your missing the most important stat. How many times he gets burned! A lot more than Madison.

Finsletmedown said:
stats for the last 5 years

Madison
tackles-212
passes def.-53
INT-10

Will Allen
tackles-288
passes def.-69
INT-8

Im begining to like Allen more. If the only knock on him is that he drops INT ill take that any day..(if he woulda caught the ones he droped who knows how many he would have)

Aqua4Ever04 said:
PLus he's younger. You could make a case that Sam's man didn't get thrown at as much but yeah I think he is an upgrade over Madison.

So you're saying that they threw to Surtain more?

Madison got burned alot the last two years,but Madison also get too many personal foul penalties too.

Bottom line Madison was old and slowing down. This guy is still young and very fast, Saban can work with that to make him better IMO.

Allen is a ferocious tackler on the perimeter, and he has great recovery speed, which means he compensates for Madison's two primary weaknesses.

I loved Sam and did not want to see him go. But I think that he was at his best when playing next to Surtain. I'm not saying he didn't have a good season last season or anything like that, but I think playing opposite Surtain helped a lot. I don't know if Allen will be an upgrade, but I do know that Sam commited alot of penalties and got burnt quite a few times the last few years. Not to mention that he didn't get as many INT's as he did early on in his career. Overall... Poole, Daniels, Allen... that sounds like a good Nickel package.

Finsletmedown said:

Madison
tackles-212
passes def.-53
INT-10

Will Allen
tackles-288
passes def.-69
INT-8

Im begining to like Allen more. If the only knock on him is that he drops INT ill take that any day..(if he woulda caught the ones he droped who knows how many he would have)

Do a comparasion of Sam's first 5 years to Will's....

Finsletmedown said:

Madison
tackles-212
passes def.-53
INT-10

Will Allen
tackles-288
passes def.-69
INT-8

Plus his cap# is ALOT more favorable as well!!

Finsletmedown said:

Madison
tackles-212
passes def.-53
INT-10

Will Allen
tackles-288
passes def.-69
INT-8

You'll like him better if you pull up their penalty numbers. I haven't looked at them myself but I can't imagine Allen having anywhere near as many as Madison.

Finsletmedown said:

Madison
tackles-212
passes def.-53
INT-10

Will Allen
tackles-288
passes def.-69
INT-8

good job with breaking down the stats,appreciate it!!!!!:D:dolphins:

Despacio said:
Personally I would feel a lot better about the backfield if we picked up a safety in the first round. Aside from Poole's potential perhaps, it seems we are still missing a top-tier playmaker in the secondary.

But there are still many free-agents Miami is looking at to guess where they go first in the draft. But as someone noted eariler, it's great the way Saban is signing players to shore up the team so that come draft time we truly can draft the best player available instead of honing in on one key position.
Yeah, that's got me excited too.

How can you think Will Allen is an upgrade over madison? Even w/ madison aging and declining the Giants decided to give him a big contract and let Allen go. That should tell you something. I watch the Giants play alot and he gets toasted ALOT, he is picked on alot and gets beat alot. Saban is known to be a good secondary coach, can he make him better? probably but I doubt he can make him as good as Madison was even last year. Every move you guys make is not a great move, how you can rationalize this one is beyond me. Will Allen is an average at best Corner.

Back
Top Bottom