Merged: Marcus vick WR??/Marcus Vick? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Marcus vick WR??/Marcus Vick?

Gonzo said:
This is the same lame *** conversation people had when Clarett entered the draft. That turned out great. How about Phillips? Another stellar waste of a pick. His talent was limited to begin with. He was living off the name alone. Hopefully it ends up on a burger king namebadge. He isn't even worth a 7th.

Except these are totally different situations. I'm talking about using one of three 7th-round picks on Vick based on talent and no risk. Phillips was drafted in the 1st, and Clarett in the 3rd.

If, for example, Clarett had fallen to the 7th, we should have drafted him. He showed in college, for the short time he played, he has (or at least had), the talent. That alone is reason enough to burn a 7 on someone. You're getting a talent much higher than the draft pick, and you're not losing anything.

ChrisJNelson said:
Except these are totally different situations. I'm talking about using one of three 7th-round picks on Vick based on talent and no risk. Phillips was drafted in the 1st, and Clarett in the 3rd.

If, for example, Clarett had fallen to the 7th, we should have drafted him. He showed in college, for the short time he played, he has (or at least had), the talent. That alone is reason enough to burn a 7 on someone. You're getting a talent much higher than the draft pick, and you're not losing anything.

You are losing a 7th round draft choice. You are losing the chance to pick Kevin Vickerson. There is a risk. Would you have rather chosen Kevin Vickerson or Clarett? Draft picks are valuable and throwing even one away when you have someone like Saban evaluating talent is a risk. And one that I would not like to take.

enigmatics said:
The guy pulled a gun on some high schoolers at a McDonalds. Please, lets not reward this type of behavior simply because you want your precious football team to win a ball game.

Well then why don't we punish numerous different people there have been many well documented things that we still allow, OJ's brilliance is still known and talked about yet he algedly killed his wife. Barry Bonds has algedly taken numerous amounts of steroids yet his records are in the books. Rafeal Palimero has taken steroids and his records are still in the books. Keep the standard, if we're going to change it change it sports-wide. Hell it's been publized that George Bush algedly did drugs at one point in his life yet he is still out president, why did we reward him as the leader of our country?

Anyways to not get this political, Ok he pulled a gun on some people, people change with new influences in their lives. They just need the possibility, Vick has GREAT talent he has person problems however (see Randy Moss), which can be changed to an extent, Moss has been better than he was in college (in my opinion).

ChrisJNelson said:
Vick and Clarett are more talented than Vickerson ever will be.

That is not the point. The point is which one brings more to your team. I bet if you poll all 32 GM's, all 32 would rather have Vickerson than Clarett. Maybe you would rather have a talented player that is out of football, but I'll take the one that is still in the NFL.

SEAFinFan said:
Well then why don't we punish numerous different people there have been many well documented things that we still allow, OJ's brilliance is still known and talked about yet he algedly killed his wife. Barry Bonds has algedly taken numerous amounts of steroids yet his records are in the books. Rafeal Palimero has taken steroids and his records are still in the books. Keep the standard, if we're going to change it change it sports-wide. Hell it's been publized that George Bush algedly did drugs at one point in his life yet he is still out president, why did we reward him as the leader of our country?

Anyways to not get this political, Ok he pulled a gun on some people, people change with new influences in their lives. They just need the possibility, Vick has GREAT talent he has person problems however (see Randy Moss), which can be changed to an extent, Moss has been better than he was in college (in my opinion).

No offense bro, but you're thoroughly naive and delusional. What, you think he didn't have positive influences trying to help him at VaTech? Don't kid yourself. Some people are just on the wrong path in life......he's definately one of them.

Back
Top Bottom