Merged: Marcus vick WR??/Marcus Vick? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Marcus vick WR??/Marcus Vick?

enigmatics said:
:boohoo: ............. cry me a river........it's threads like these which drag the quality of this site down......... I mean c'mon, Marcus Vick? I just can't fathom where some posters' heads are at when they make assanine threads like these...........
maybe they have different opinions than you? no, that can't be it.

Mr.305 said:
he is deff not a dum, and he would have been a 1st rounder if he would have returned for senior year, n not so such behavior issues. he could be a third QB, and the Fins could sign vet QB to back up Culpepper
I dont think he would be a 1. He isnt a good qb. IMO he is like a faster brock berlin. Just not a good quaterback. If you think he is a good qb you must not have seen him play the canes. He was awful. And then when you throw character into the mix he isnt worth spending a pick on or picking up as an undrafted fa. He is nothing like his brother except for speed and arm strength. Mike proved vs the fins he could be a fairly accurtate qb and make the big throws.. Marcus hasnt proved that in college, what makes you think he will in the pros.

jtsacksyou said:
I dont think he would be a 1. He isnt a good qb. IMO he is like a faster brock berlin. Just not a good quaterback. If you think he is a good qb you must not have seen him play the canes. He was awful. And then when you throw character into the mix he isnt worth spending a pick on or picking up as an undrafted fa. He is nothing like his brother except for speed and arm strength. Mike proved vs the fins he could be a fairly accurtate qb and make the big throws.. Marcus hasnt proved that in college, what makes you think he will in the pros.
the difference is marcus vick has a helluva lot more potential than brock berlin. and he has a stronger arm and is more accurate. if he stayed straight and had a senior season to progress, he could've been a 1st rounder. his decision-making was horrible though. but he hasn't played much. still, i wouldn't want him anyway.

i would grab marcus vick in the late rounds (if hes there) and put him at WR. hes not a good QB at reading defenses. his speed will show at that WR position. If we select him, it would be a steal in the later rounds.. no doubt

endorPHINS72 said:
Wow, what an enlightened comment! You are one of the most ignorant, immature and downright rude posters on this board. Time for you to grow up and cut the childish behavior.

I don't agree with what the orginal poster said either. I wouldn't even sign Marcus Vick as an undrafted FA even if he agreed to wash jocks straps after practice.

Your comment was childish and it's not the first time you've acted in such a juvenille manner. If you disagree with someone, that's fine. But name calling and insulting other posters goes against the TOS here at Finheaven.

I strongly recommend the moderators have you banned. They would be doing the entire site a favor.

:confused:

you can't just throw anyone at WR. You have to have more then just speed. You have to have GREAT hands and great route running. The way you guys are talking why not just take Juan Pierre and put him at WR since hes fast as hell.

he's actually okay at reading defenses, that's not his problem. his problem is that he doesn't have quick recongnition. strangely enough, his biggest physical problem was that he couldn't throw into man coverage. he doesn't put the ball into safe places and got use to working w/ a lot of space vs zone d b/c there weren't a lot of teams who could man up va tech. vs man coverage, he struggled mightily. reasons why: he has lazy mechanics and he holds on to the ball too long- he doesn't make quick decisions. he usually went to the right place w/ the ball, but was routinely late, and a late deicison looks like a bad decision. he does have a lot of potential, and his problems are correctable, but i hope we're not the ones doing the correcting.

Cecil the Diesel had all the potential in the world and was well worth a late round pick, etc,etc.
It would be tough for even someone as quick as Marcus Vick to run an out pattern wearing ankle chains.
The only orange Marcus Vick will be wearing is a prison uniform, not a Dolphins uniform.

- Amok

Amok said:
Cecil the Diesel had all the potential in the world and was well worth a late round pick, etc,etc.
It would be tough for even someone as quick as Marcus Vick to run an out pattern wearing ankle chains.
The only orange Marcus Vick will be wearing is a prison uniform, not a Dolphins uniform.

- Amok

why would he go to prison wut as he done to gain this rep ???

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if we draft Vick, it's only because Saban feels Cecil Collins needs a cellmate.

Personally, I don't care what people done off the field (even though him stomping on that kids leg was on the field and extremely disrespectful and downright disgusting), I would use a 7th Round pick on a guy with that kind of talent.

All throughout sports you have terrible people, Kobe allegdly raping that girl, Ray Lewis (I pretty sure it was Lewis) allegdly stabbing someone. Yet you still see them making great amounts of money in their respected sport and them both being stars of said sport. If you want to look at someone doing something (in my opinion) more grossum than what Vick did look at the guy on the Vancouver Caunks (can't think of his name) who got suspended for a year for using his stick as a weapon against the guy on the Colorado Avalanche.

Did that guy go to jail... no.... Did he get kicked out of the league... no... Is he still making money in the NHL.... Yes. People do stupid stuff all the time and don't act like we're all saints (not referring to the "aints" football team) here.

Wasting a 7th Round pick on a guy with great talent would not be a big risk especially if he ends up turning out to be something if there is a problem just get rid of him. This can't be compared to Clarett (in my opinion) because of the fact is there is still a possibility of decent talent in the 3rd round and even the 4th. The 7th round there is MAYBE 1 or 2 guys that have a little talent all the rest are not much, so it would not be bad to waste a 7th Rounder on him because more than likely if he turned out to be nothing, the player we would have chose instead of him would be nothing as well.

BUT In Saban I Trust!

I wouldn't even want vick if he came to play for charity... That guy has some serious issues. No thanx.

SEAFinFan said:
Personally, I don't care what people done off the field (even though him stomping on that kids leg was on the field and extremely disrespectful and downright disgusting), I would use a 7th Round pick on a guy with that kind of talent.

All throughout sports you have terrible people, Kobe allegdly raping that girl, Ray Lewis (I pretty sure it was Lewis) allegdly stabbing someone. Yet you still see them making great amounts of money in their respected sport and them both being stars of said sport. If you want to look at someone doing something (in my opinion) more grossum than what Vick did look at the guy on the Vancouver Caunks (can't think of his name) who got suspended for a year for using his stick as a weapon against the guy on the Colorado Avalanche.

Did that guy go to jail... no.... Did he get kicked out of the league... no... Is he still making money in the NHL.... Yes. People do stupid stuff all the time and don't act like we're all saints (not referring to the "aints" football team) here.

Wasting a 7th Round pick on a guy with great talent would not be a big risk especially if he ends up turning out to be something if there is a problem just get rid of him. This can't be compared to Clarett (in my opinion) because of the fact is there is still a possibility of decent talent in the 3rd round and even the 4th. The 7th round there is MAYBE 1 or 2 guys that have a little talent all the rest are not much, so it would not be bad to waste a 7th Rounder on him because more than likely if he turned out to be nothing, the player we would have chose instead of him would be nothing as well.

BUT In Saban I Trust!

The guy pulled a gun on some high schoolers at a McDonalds. Please, lets not reward this type of behavior simply because you want your precious football team to win a ball game.

endorPHINS72 said:
Discussion sites like Finheaven are meant to bring out discussions and debates, albeit civil ones. Some team will sign Vick as an UFA, possibly us but I doubt it. Denver spent a third round pick on Maurice Clarett last year...A THIRD ROUND PICK!!!! Is it that unreal a scenario where you have to make a snide comment to the poster like "What are you five?". Your opinions are welcome here but I think snide remarks and insults bring this forum down much further than naive threads.

Ok so let me get this straight........

Let's draft a guy who's demonstrated a complete lack of responsibility both on and off the field. Let's draft a guy who pulled a gun on some high schoolers in a McDonald's. Lets draft a guy who's been busted for driving on suspended licences and posession of drugs. Lets draft a guy, who on the main stage of a bowl game decided he wanted to stomp some dudes leg while he was lying on the ground. Let's draft a guy who was thrown off his own team.

............. Yup............. it's official..........sounds like 5 year old type of thinking to me.

Back
Top Bottom