Merged: Marcus Vick | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Marcus Vick

Honus Joglund said:
I wouldn't doubt it. Maurice Clarrett found someone to waste a third rounder on him, I could definately imagine someone taking a flyer on Vick in the 7th.

The only way I could see it not working out that way is if we know by the draft that it's likely he will be spending a year in jail for brandishing the weapon. Even in that case, I wouldn't be shocked to see some team sign him to a deal and wait him out like Miami did with Wale healing up.

Marcus Vick Arrested on Firearms Charges

Monday, January 9, 2006
RICHMOND, Va. - Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick, booted from the team last week for his behavior on and off the field, was charged Monday with pulling a gun on three teenagers during an altercation in a restaurant parking lot.

Vick surrendered at the Suffolk magistrate's office after three warrants were issued for his arrest Sunday, Magistrate Lisa Noel said.

The 21-year-old Vick was charged with three misdemeanor counts of brandishing a firearm, and was released on $10,000 bond.

Police said the parents of a 17-year-old boy reported that Vick pointed a weapon at their son and two others during an altercation at a McDonald's in Suffolk, a southeastern Virginia city where Vick's mother lives, Sunday night.

If convicted of all three counts, Vick could be sentenced to up to three years in jail and a $7,500 fine, police spokeswoman Lt. Debbie George said in a statement.
No thanks.

Hope he enjoys a long 3 years.

Vertical Limit said:
No thanks.

Hope he enjoys a long 3 years.

This isn't like Sean Taylor's potential 3 years minimum mandatory sentence. It would be quite notable if Vick got convicted of all three charges and served the statutory maximum. His record just isn't that bad at this point, though he is driving toward a very bad record very quickly.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Would you? For a 4th or lower i would.Is he entering the draft?

As long as we installed metal detectors at practice. In all seriousness, he has got athletic ability, but I would pass on this disaster waiting to happen.

I don't want him or TO or anyone like them.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't want him on our team even if he wants to play for free and it doesn't cost us a pick.He can go get a real job and take TO with him.Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee Nick, don't do it.

Ozzy rules!!

azfinfanmang said:
:shakeno:

I dont think he has any tools that Cleo Lemon doesnt have, and we already have Lemon. Plus, just reading on another thread that he might not be available for ohhhh about 3 years....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285819

Hey nasty, your the one that started this thread. WTF?

I didnt start this thread... I started another one about it...

johngarry said:
Yo South...homeboy ain't EVEN gonna get drafted...he's screwed the pooch on that deal...best hope for him, is post-draft signee...if dat!
I KNOW U AIN"T LYING!!!!!!! :D

Marcus Vick says he wants to go PRO!!

Could the NFL avoid those types of people (players), I mean I have never seen a player that steals, kills, carries weapons or else turning into GOOD PROS. Mostly the go overrated into the draft and when they are signed they would do something stupid and after a while the get fired and go to jail.... Recall Cecil Collins..

I mean, these guys are children's heroes, and besides they should be role models don't you think??

GO FINSSS:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

josekareh said:
Could the NFL avoid those types of people (players), I mean I have never seen a player that steals, kills, carries weapons or else turning into GOOD PROS. Mostly the go overrated into the draft and when they are signed they would do something stupid and after a while the get fired and go to jail.... Recall Cecil Collins..

I mean, these guys are children's heroes, and besides they should be role models don't you think??

GO FINSSS:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Marcus Vick in the 6th?

Vick might be doing a few years in the slammer. What a waste.

CashInFist said:
Marcus Vick in the 6th?

I would...

but back to the thread... Ray Lewis turned out to be a sure HOF LB...

Back
Top Bottom