MERGED: McCardell would improve our Offense 10 fold | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: McCardell would improve our Offense 10 fold

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
McCardell would improve our Offense 10 fold

The more I think about the possibility of us getting Keenan McCardell, the more excited I get. This would be huge for us. In a sense, it would be better than getting Boston because Keenan has done more in the last 2 years than Boston has. With McCardell and Chambers on the loose, there is no way teams could stack up against the run. That would take so much pressure off of Minor, and the O-Line, plus make Feeley's chances of success much higher.

McCardell is an elite WR in my book and I really hope they make a big push to get this guy because as I see it, he could be the only salvation for our Offense.

I would love to get McCardell, but I am not getting my hopes to high on this. The chances of us actually getting him are about 25%.

You think that's because the bucs won't let him go or because we won't go after him?

actually i think they are less than 25%..... b/c we won't pay $3 mil for a receiver right now.

they won't pay Wale that, what makes you think they'd pay a receiver who's NOT a team player (read: what he just did with the bucs) that amount?

I really like him, and know he'd do wonders for our offense, but i won't bank on it. you seen our track record on offseason acquisitions?

Lukin said:
McCardell is an elite WR in my book and I really hope they make a big push to get this guy because as I see it, he could be the only salvation for our Offense.

Your not thinking clearly. Answer me this: how is Keenan McCardell, at age 34, an elite receiver, when the majority of people on this site say that Antonio Freeman (age 32) is washed up and too old? Keenan is holding out for one last shot at a big contract, he knows that he doesn't have much left, so he's just trying to get paid. I wouldn't be suprised if he's out of the league in another year or 2, he is on the decline, big time.

McCardell can still play but he wants a lot of cash and I'm not sure we are willing to give it to him. Also he is still property of the Bucs. The chances of us getting him are very slim IMO.

midwest_phinfan said:
Your not thinking clearly. Answer me this: how is Keenan McCardell, at age 34, an elite receiver, when the majority of people on this site say that Antonio Freeman (age 32) is washed up and too old? Keenan is holding out for one last shot at a big contract, he knows that he doesn't have much left, so he's just trying to get paid. I wouldn't be suprised if he's out of the league in another year or 2, he is on the decline, big time.
Absolutely right. McCardell is a good wideout, but certainly not great. With the two "starting" QBs on the roster, no receiver is going to improve the offense that much. :shakeno:

Who cares if Keenan is 34, all we need is one good season out of the guy. He racked up alot better numbers than either Brown or Freeman did last year. Bottom line is we HAVE to get somebody in here to start opposite CC, `cause I don`t want to see another invisible year from our #2 wideout like we got last year.

Goin` Deep said:
Who cares if Keenan is 34, all we need is one good season out of the guy. He racked up alot better numbers than either Brown or Freeman did last year. Bottom line is we HAVE to get somebody in here to start opposite CC, `cause I don`t want to see another invisible year from our #2 wideout like we got last year.

you dont pay 3 mil for 1 year

McCardell had a great season last year, which is the difference between him and Freeman, who hasn't been a top reciever for a while. McCardell was making lots of great catches last year, and I never saw him not make mistakes.

Keenan McCardell

I was listening to Dan Silio on 740AM the Team in Orlando this morning. He's been doing his show from Bucs camp all week. He says that he knows for a fact that the Dolphins inquired about Keenan and both teams are trying to work out a deal. Then he said that he doesn't think McCardell would play again. I guess he meant for the Bucs.

I don't have a link because I heard it on the radio so take it for what it's worth.

Man I sure hope so because that would be great if they get him! They need someone good along side Chambers or he is going to get killed!

Did he say they'd LIKE to get a deal done? OR They actually ARE trying to get a deal done??

That would be a mistake IMO. Keenen Mccardell would not give us what we need. What we need is the Oline to be able to pass block or it will be welcome to last year! what we need is to not waste our draft picks on high priced guys who wont make the difference in the end. Our problems will not be solved this year whether Mccardell is here or not. If it makes people feel better about it, fine, at least people wont sell there season tickets.

we cant give a #2 for Mccardell, we would need to give our #1. that is not a good thing IMO especially since we could end up in the top ten picks in the draft very easily.

That would be a HUGE move for us. We need a viable threat opposite Chambers.

Back
Top Bottom