MERGED: McCardell would improve our Offense 10 fold | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: McCardell would improve our Offense 10 fold

shalafi3455 said:
Man I sure hope so because that would be great if they get him! They need someone good along side Chambers or he is going to get killed!

If we cant pass block, Chambers wont be the one getting killed.

finfan54 said:
If we cant pass block, Chambers wont be the one getting killed.

Well this is true :cry: ! But he is going to get so many double teams this year it's going to be like he isn't playing! This could be a long season! :fire:

finfan54 said:
That would be a mistake IMO. Keenen Mccardell would not give us what we need. What we need is the Oline to be able to pass block or it will be welcome to last year! what we need is to not waste our draft picks on high priced guys who wont make the difference in the end. Our problems will not be solved this year whether Mccardell is here or not. If it makes people feel better about it, fine, at least people wont sell there season tickets.

we cant give a #2 for Mccardell, we would need to give our #1. that is not a good thing IMO especially since we could end up in the top ten picks in the draft very easily.
Having recievers that can catch helps the oline out. If we don't get McCardell then it'll definately be "welcome to last year". Those 3 step drops and short routes to help the oline don't work when you have no recievers to catch the ball. I agree with you about the oline but what can we do now? Carey seems to be disappointing and I have zero faith in St. Clair. Who else can they get at this point?

It seems to me that you want us to bomb this year so we can get a great pick next year. That's crap. We have a top defense and we need to make moves to win this year not next.

finfan54 said:
That would be a mistake IMO. Keenen Mccardell would not give us what we need. What we need is the Oline to be able to pass block or it will be welcome to last year! what we need is to not waste our draft picks on high priced guys who wont make the difference in the end. Our problems will not be solved this year whether Mccardell is here or not. If it makes people feel better about it, fine, at least people wont sell there season tickets.

we cant give a #2 for Mccardell, we would need to give our #1. that is not a good thing IMO especially since we could end up in the top ten picks in the draft very easily.

See IMO we have the upper hand! Either they make the trade for a low pick or we don't make it and there stuck with him! I wouldn't give much more than a 5th rounder and if they don't want it then fine they can keep his money on there books for a guy that won't be playing!

BringBackShula said:
Did he say they'd LIKE to get a deal done? OR They actually ARE trying to get a deal done??

He says they are actually trying to work out a deal. But Dan Silio isn't the greatest sports radio host so I don't know how reliable his sources are.

finfan54 said:

Hey dude Question?
What makes you think we would give our #1 for a Great #2 WR when all we gave for Boston was a #5?
I think your a little paranoid due to the stress level of the offseason but it's gonna be fine with some relaxation and prozac. :roflmao: :roflmao:
If you think Keenan wouldn't help this team then I want to know what team your really a fan of cause Keenan is a fantastic playmaker.I would feel more comfortable with him than D-Bo just because he's been doing this for a long time and never takes plays off.He has plenty left in the tank so go get him Spiel!

Goin` Deep said:
Who cares if Keenan is 34, all we need is one good season out of the guy. He racked up alot better numbers than either Brown or Freeman did last year. Bottom line is we HAVE to get somebody in here to start opposite CC, `cause I don`t want to see another invisible year from our #2 wideout like we got last year.
EXACTLY!!! If he plays 2 years thats a blessing in my eyes. We need one good year from him. Think about this....next year will be Chambers, Boston, McCardell, Thompson, Newsom. After this season, I'm not concerned with what he does but if we don't get another player at wr this year were gonna suck! Cmon guys lets be for real here.

We have what could be the best defense in the league. If our offense goes 3 and out every time our D is gonna get tired and they will eventually get beat. We don't have a power running back to control the clock anymore so we better be able to string some drives together. Does anyone actually think we can do that at this time? We need to get another PROVEN reciever(a reciever that defensive coordinators have to game plan for) to help the line and especially Travis. I really think he can do well but he won't hold up against 8-9 man fronts like Ricky did....he'll be done for the season by game 6.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
That would be a HUGE move for us. We need a viable threat opposite Chambers.

it would be a huge move for us that would eventually fizzle fast after you realize that you cant get teh ball to him anyways cus of our QB situation and no ricky williams to worry about for defenses. then our #1 draft pick would be gone. Not good in the long haul. I would rather go with what we have and wait until cuts and live with the agony this year. these kinds of deals dont make teams better on the field, only on paper.

i would love us to add depth but not sell the farm to do so if we can get one of these guys for a one year deal i would say ok. Just do not handcuff the fins future for more than this year.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
EXACTLY!!! If he plays 2 years thats a blessing in my eyes. We need one good year from him. Think about this....next year will be Chambers, Boston, McCardell, Thompson, Newsom. After this season, I'm not concerned with what he does but if we don't get another player at wr this year were gonna suck! Cmon guys lets be for real here.

We have what could be the best defense in the league. If our offense goes 3 and out every time our D is gonna get tired and they will eventually get beat. We don't have a power running back to control the clock anymore so we better be able to string some drives together. Does anyone actually think we can do that at this time? We need to get another PROVEN reciever(a reciever that defensive coordinators have to game plan for) to help the line and especially Travis. I really think he can do well but he won't hold up against 8-9 man fronts like Ricky did....he'll be done for the season by game 6.

i would rather save the money and get a real RB next year. if we waste the money and draft pick now, you lose in the draft bigtime, and that is where RS is great.

finregime said:
Hey dude Question?
What makes you think we would give our #1 for a Great #2 WR when all we gave for Boston was a #5?
I think your a little paranoid due to the stress level of the offseason but it's gonna be fine with some relaxation and prozac. :roflmao: :roflmao:
If you think Keenan wouldn't help this team then I want to know what team your really a fan of cause Keenan is a fantastic playmaker.I would feel more comfortable with him than D-Bo just because he's been doing this for a long time and never takes plays off.He has plenty left in the tank so go get him Spiel!

dont question my fandome dude, i have been a fan since before you were even close to being in diapers. But you want Mccardell? fine, i dont care. But dont tell me we are going to the super bowl when he gets signed. Paranoid? how does staying patient and waiting for cuts say paranoid? what color is the sky in your world?

finfan54 said:
it would be a huge move for us that would eventually fizzle fast after you realize that you cant get teh ball to him anyways cus of our QB situation and no ricky williams to worry about for defenses. then our #1 draft pick would be gone. Not good in the long haul. I would rather go with what we have and wait until cuts and live with the agony this year. these kinds of deals dont make teams better on the field, only on paper.

Yo 54!
Im just wondering if you think we'll finish better than 4-12 this year? :confused:

finfan54 said:
dont question my fandome dude, i have been a fan since before you were even close to being in diapers. But you want Mccardell? fine, i dont care. But dont tell me we are going to the super bowl when he gets signed. Paranoid? how does staying patient and waiting for cuts say paranoid? what color is the sky in your world?

Hey bro dont take it personal!
You seem a little high strung with due reason but what your saying is you want no chance of getting to the playoffs or SB by just waiting on some bum to get cut.
Keenan just played very well with 2 tds in the SB 2 years ago and has had quite a few 1,000 yd seasons including last year.
What is not to want when your #2 WR goes down?

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Having recievers that can catch helps the oline out. If we don't get McCardell then it'll definately be "welcome to last year". Those 3 step drops and short routes to help the oline don't work when you have no recievers to catch the ball. I agree with you about the oline but what can we do now? Carey seems to be disappointing and I have zero faith in St. Clair. Who else can they get at this point?

It seems to me that you want us to bomb this year so we can get a great pick next year. That's crap. We have a top defense and we need to make moves to win this year not next.

you dont know that really, what i do know is that mccardell will be coming in at a bad time and will have to learn this offense on the fly. not good. we will have to give up money(cap space) and draft picks (a #1 probably).
If they cut Mccardell that is an entirely different scenario but as it stands right now, bucs are talking #1. dude wants money. thats what i know. I also know that Newson is making waves and has a different situation this year menatally as compared with having to play in the WFL last year.

I dont want us to bomb this year. I want us to suprise the world and have young guys step up and say, we are champions! But that really is not going to happen now is it? with or without mccardell. this is a team game and we certainly do not have all the parts in place. If mccardell gets cut, then i would get him. If they take Ogun in a trade straight up, i would even consider that as a good deal, but i would never ever suggest at this point and time to give up our #1 and whatever cap space for next year on a guy who is 34 and greedy for big bucks.

Back
Top Bottom