MERGED: McCardell would improve our Offense 10 fold | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: McCardell would improve our Offense 10 fold

finregime said:
Hey bro dont take it personal!
You seem a little high strung with due reason but what your saying is you want no chance of getting to the playoffs or SB by just waiting on some bum to get cut.
Keenan just played very well with 2 tds in the SB 2 years ago and has had quite a few 1,000 yd seasons including last year.
What is not to want when your #2 WR goes down?

regime, that is not what i am saying. what i am saying is dont mortgage the future for a greedy 34 year old who will have to come in here on the fly. it wont work. it never does!

finfan54 said:
you dont know that really, what i do know is that mccardell will be coming in at a bad time and will have to learn this offense on the fly. not good. we will have to give up money(cap space) and draft picks (a #1 probably).
If they cut Mccardell that is an entirely different scenario but as it stands right now, bucs are talking #1. dude wants money. thats what i know. I also know that Newson is making waves and has a different situation this year menatally as compared with having to play in the WFL last year.

I dont want us to bomb this year. I want us to suprise the world and have young guys step up and say, we are champions! But that really is not going to happen now is it? with or without mccardell. this is a team game and we certainly do not have all the parts in place. If mccardell gets cut, then i would get him. If they take Ogun in a trade straight up, i would even consider that as a good deal, but i would never ever suggest at this point and time to give up our #1 and whatever cap space for next year on a guy who is 34 and greedy for big bucks.

No #1,No #1,No #1 come on guys let's start the chant for Spiel so he knows we mean business! :woowoo: :yeahthat:

finfan54 said:
regime, that is not what i am saying. what i am saying is dont mortgage the future for a greedy 34 year old who will have to come in here on the fly. it wont work. it never does!

So essentially your either saying we have to ride Newsome's back or were done!
Either isn't good. :grump:

finfan54 said:
we cant give a #2 for Mccardell, we would need to give our #1. that is not a good thing IMO especially since we could end up in the top ten picks in the draft very easily.

I heard that if we do try to get him, what we would be offering Tampa would closer to a 3-5 round pick (I heard 5th, but Miami could be offering a bit better). :confused:

I don't mind gettin McCardell. In fact, i'd give a draft pick for him, for the simple reason that he is an excellent and productive player. I think that can do Bostons job, and then some.

I am concerned with the wait though. This offseason has proven that many of our new players have trouble adapting to our system. Even if we did get McCardell, how long till he would actually start putting up numbers? The question is, is it worth giving up a pick for someone might start contributing a few weeks into the season?

finregime said:
So essentially your either saying we have to ride Newsome's back or were done!
Either isn't good. :grump:

you know what i said. please dont cut out one part of what i said and make it bank. politicians do that.

touborg said:
I don't mind gettin McCardell. In fact, i'd give a draft pick for him, for the simple reason that he is an excellent and productive player. I think that can do Bostons job, and then some.

I am concerned with the wait though. This offseason has proven that many of our new players have trouble adapting to our system. Even if we did get McCardell, how long till he would actually start putting up numbers? The question is, is it worth giving up a pick for someone might start contributing a few weeks into the season?

I dont mind giving up a 4th or a fifth but our #1 you would have to be out of your minds! just wait! you have to! he is under contract! you dont even know if the dude wants to play for us!

tay0365 said:
I heard that if we do try to get him, what we would be offering Tampa would closer to a 3-5 round pick (I heard 5th, but Miami could be offering a bit better). :confused:

Where did you hear that?
Link?
:confused:

finfan54 said:
I dont mind giving up a 4th or a fifth but our #1 you would have to be out of your minds! just wait! you have to! he is under contract! you dont even know if the dude wants to play for us!

At this point he wants 4 mil. for whoever and I dont think he cares as long as he's starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touborg

yea, but what i'm saying is that we have already given up 2 picks next year, and if we give up another, our draft starts looking pretty bleak. I'm just questioning if it's worth a picking brining in a player that might not get comfortable before late in the season.

I agree that it would be good to get McCardell but the more I think about it I don't want to give up a high draft pick for him I know that. I am exited to see this pre season to see what our young recievers can do. I think the thing that bother most of us is the fact that we don't know much about the players that are waiting in the wings Newsome, Minnus, Tolver, etc. Also the fact that we don't know who our starting QB is gonna be and how our O Line will do. I know that Spielman has said he won't leave a rock unturned that he will continue to monitor teams and releases and if a trade comes along that is in favor of the team he would take and I believe he will do that.

finfan54 said:
If we cant pass block, Chambers wont be the one getting killed.
With Feeley's "quick flick of the wrist" to laser a ball out to his reciever all the OLINE has to do is start off average/decent to give AJ "just enough" time..

Freeman is younger and more of a team player. Id rather sign him and hope for the best. No need to spend 3 frickin million bucks for a year on WR even if it is McCardell.

shalafi3455 said:
Well this is true :cry: ! But he is going to get so many double teams this year it's going to be like he isn't playing! This could be a long season! :fire:

he will get the same double team as last year, where he caught 11 TD and close to 1000 yards receiving, IF DT oder KN could provide a lift on the other side, he might be all right, also he is playing the slot this year, could help his numbers, if we find someone who can hit him in stride

Back
Top Bottom