Merged: Miami to go after Anderson? / Trade scenarios | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Miami to go after Anderson? / Trade scenarios

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anderson Rumors involving Dallas/Miami Trade[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...Rumors are spreading throughout the league that both the Miami Dolphins and Baltimore Ravens will pursue Browns quarterback Derek Anderson in free agency if the Browns are unable to reach a deal with Anderson before the free agency deadline expires...the Brown will likely use the highest tender on Anderson which would force any team that signs him to surrender their first and third round picks in the 2008 Draft with the Browns having the right to match any offer on the table...rumors are spreading that the Dolphins who own the first pick overall will deal that pick to the Cowboys for both of the Cowboys picks in the first round, which is less than the value chart but agreeable to both teams...the Dolphins would then surrender one of those first round picks plus a third to Cleveland for Anderson...the Dolphins would then come away with Anderson but still have a first round pick in the Draft...it's a strategy that has been widely speculated throughout the league over the past several weeks. [/FONT]​

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/AlsHotNwsRms.html

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anderson Rumors involving Dallas/Miami Trade[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...Rumors are spreading throughout the league that both the Miami Dolphins and Baltimore Ravens will pursue Browns quarterback Derek Anderson in free agency if the Browns are unable to reach a deal with Anderson before the free agency deadline expires...the Brown will likely use the highest tender on Anderson which would force any team that signs him to surrender their first and third round picks in the 2008 Draft with the Browns having the right to match any offer on the table...rumors are spreading that the Dolphins who own the first pick overall will deal that pick to the Cowboys for both of the Cowboys picks in the first round, which is less than the value chart but agreeable to both teams...the Dolphins would then surrender one of those first round picks plus a third to Cleveland for Anderson...the Dolphins would then come away with Anderson but still have a first round pick in the Draft...it's a strategy that has been widely speculated throughout the league over the past several weeks. [/FONT]​

Would we trade the 22nd or 28th? Who would we choose that last in the 1st?

The Dallas deal would include more. Possibly a 2nd or some other picks, and a player like Carpenter or Barber. Definitely not straight up. Would be dreadful value.

Thank you for suppling the link

I think we would be nuts to give up a 1st and 3rd for Anderson.

Its funny, but it seems we are linked to every player out there. The Parcells smoke screen is blowing strong.

Um, no please....don't want Anderson. I bet Joey would look good for a year with the line, TE and WR's the Browns have........we'll not that good, lol.

i don't want him at all. bad accuracy. we don't have the WR and TE talent they do. bad idea.

Thank you for suppling the link

I think we would be nuts to give up a 1st and 3rd for Anderson.

Its funny, but it seems we are linked to every player out there. The Parcells smoke screen is blowing strong.

N/P and i agree on anderson. I soierusly think the dude is nothin but AVERAGE. If we make a move for him ima be really pissed off.

BTW DALLAS is tendering ONLY a 1st on Barber cuz its easier to tattract a team that way Jones said so maybe they know a trade iwth us is happening, and they want to at least have a 1st left so this way they ahve 3 1sts n give 2 to us. The trade down i see to be very likely.

We would have to pay him more then 20M no thanks.He needs more then one season to proof he can play.

No Way I would not give up a 1st and 3rd for a one year wonder who had a lot of talent to work with.Draft Flacco in the 2nd or 3rd groom Beck and pick up a veteran Qb.Now you have a vet and 2 young quaterbacks to groom for the future.This team is no where close and we have mortgaged the future too many times

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/AlsHotNwsRms.html

NICE FIND, THANKS!!!

I Hope Not....
I Don't Know Why People Fall In Love W/ Quarterbacks After One Year...
What If The Guy Is A Fluke...can Anyone Say That He Isn't...
I Rather Draft A Quarterback In The Second Round...
I Think If Miami Does This...they Will Regret It....not To Mention Set Us Back...

Back
Top Bottom