Merged: Miami to go after Anderson? / Trade scenarios | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Miami to go after Anderson? / Trade scenarios

Joe Flacco is Derek anderson if you ask me. Dont like this move at all. dont think we are doing it either.

Our cap space, which looks pretty good at this point isn't really good considering the needs we have. One big salary and our cap number takes a huge hit.

It'll look like this in my opinion..

Dolphins trade 1st rounder to Dallas for both first, barber and 4th
Dolphins sign D. Anderson and give up 1st (28th) and 3rd

QB-D. Anderson
HB-M. Barber
FB-?
WR-Keyshawn, Ginn, Hagan, FA, Draftee

You mean

HB- Barber/Brown or Brown/Barber either way dosent matter. Whoever is "deemed" as the title so insignifigant in that situation as "starter" dosent matter. What matters is that they produce when given the ball. Both are tremendous talents with a little bit different skill sets that can be utilized by our football TEAM. The one thing they do have in common aside from being excellent backs is they both can dish out punishment to defenders and both are better off doing it for only 15-20 touches per game. Barber wore down after 15 carries in the first half of that playoff game.

You guys need to drop the idea that you cant have 2 studs at RB. Not only can you, but you need to. That way we can pound the rock 30-35 times a game and be handing the ball to a stud with fresh legs on EVERY carry. Good luck to a defense stopping us in the 4th qtr with the ball and the lead. Defenders will be sick of hitting these 2 by that time. Plus Barber is absolute money around the goal line. Thats huge. No short FG's. Thats a big key to success in this league.

Also drop the idea that Ronnie needs to touch it 35 times a game for 200 total yards and have a season of ridiculous stats. He dosent. Nor has he proven he can. Nice 3 game stretch last year, but what happened after all those touches? I was the guy saying limit his touches last year in a non playoff season and prolong his career instead of worrying about rushing titles and pro bowls. What happened the week after I said that? Barber would be a great ADDITION to our team and would give us no reason to trade a beast like Ronnie. Keep em both. Pound the rock. Then have Anderson or Ryan dominate on play action to Ginn.

i wouldn't worry too much about this one. parcells and co are smarter. this move would completely alienate beck - it would be giving up on him. beck needs fall back guys in case he decides to suck it up again next year. a reliable but declining vet would make sense. drafting a qb in rds 2-4 would make sense. anderson just wouldn't.

I'll tell you why. Because Anderson is a 24 year old potential franchise QB and Bill and Jeff know damn well the Browns are in a bind with this situation. The asking price may start at a 1st and a 3rd but look for it to drop as time goes on. We would be foolish to not stick our nose in there and find out what it would take to land him.

The Dolphins are under no pressure to pull this trigger this year really, the only way this happens at all is if Cleveland fails to give him the deal he wants, if no one else signs him and he takes the tender he will be a free agent next year.

Its not like Miami is playoff bound this season.

Anderson is a waste. He is not a good QB. His numbers were only good because of Edwards and Winslow. If you actually sit and watch him play, he is not good at all. He cant make simple throws and his delivery just doesnt look right. I will be pissed if give any picks up for this guy.

If Anderson as many on this post have said is garbage and a one hit wonder then why would Parcells and Co. be considering this? They wouldn't. So they must know something that we all don't about Anderson. They are the experts and if they feel he is the right guy for us then I am all for it.

Yup. The insiders in the NFL know more often than not who can develop into a player. That's why guys like Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell and Brett Favre were unproven players that were traded for more (in some cases quite a bit more) than where they were drafted. I realize AJ Feeley is certainly the exception here when it comes to development, but put a lot of that blame on Miami's panicky and poor personnel dept at the time.

I also find the argument that Anderson has more talent in Cleveland amazingly short-sighted, as if Miami could never match or exceed Cleveland's offensive talent level in the next few years. Anderson might struggle short term, but how does anyone know we won't have some dynamic playmakers in the near future?

i wouldn't worry too much about this one. parcells and co are smarter. this move would completely alienate beck - it would be giving up on him. beck needs fall back guys in case he decides to suck it up again next year. a reliable but declining vet would make sense. drafting a qb in rds 2-4 would make sense. anderson just wouldn't.

where did you get that sig from... thats hilarious

I can't stand all the fuss over this Anderson character. One year and he's the greatest thing since Unitas. Quinn was drafted because he was performing well to begin with. Now, the Browns want a 1st and 3rd? NO WAY. I would cringe to see another used QB on our team for another one of our VALUABLE PICKS.

We will still have 2 seconds losing a third wont hurt. Blowing WADS of cash on the number one is not that smart considering the top ten is usally a shot in the dark. I say we save some money and find some FA to help us get back into the playoffs.

By the way who went first last year.

Anderson is a 24 year old potential franchise QB and Bill and Jeff know damn well the Browns are in a bind with this situation. The asking price may start at a 1st and a 3rd but look for it to drop as time goes on.
For something a lot less than a 1st and 3rd, I wouldn't mind them trading for him, as long as he's more likely to help the team than whoever else they would have drafted at the spots they traded for him and if they don't snag someone in FA.

where did you get that sig from... thats hilarious

is that not the funniest ****e you've ever seen? a friend emailed it to me. i laughed so hard at work my boss asked if i was stoned. the kicker is that it is an actual ad from a california paper - the picture was added later. i laugh every time i read it.

is that not the funniest ****e you've ever seen? a friend emailed it to me. i laughed so hard at work my boss asked if i was stoned. the kicker is that it is an actual ad from a california paper - the picture was added later. i laugh every time i read it.

Yeah, I died the first time i read that... Its some **** out of Napoleon Dynomite.. but in Cali

I just seen on the bottom line(ESPNEWS) That Phil Savage(Browns President) said if Anderson declines the offer he won't be back. It may be possible to just outbid another team in a trade with Clev and not lose 2 picks.

Back
Top Bottom