Merged: Miami to go after Anderson? / Trade scenarios | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Miami to go after Anderson? / Trade scenarios

Anderson won't have the surrounding talent in Miami he had in Cleveland and the odds aren't good he would flourish in Miami. Just too risky a move that could set Miami back a few more years if failure was a result. Losing a first and third round choice in this transaction would be costly in the need to bring in an influx of youth to revitalize the Dolphin's team. I really hope Parcells and Ireland don't make a mistake in this one like so many mistakes made before them.

this is not even possible.

the compensation paid for a RFA must be your original pick or better. so if we sign a RFA with a 1st round tender (or 1st and 3rd) we have to have our original 1st round pick (or better, which isn't possible in this case). we can't trade down and then tender Anderson. The only way it would work is if we worked out a trade with Cleveland.

No Way I would not give up a 1st and 3rd for a one year wonder who had a lot of talent to work with.Draft Flacco in the 2nd or 3rd groom Beck and pick up a veteran Qb.Now you have a vet and 2 young quaterbacks to groom for the future.This team is no where close and we have mortgaged the future too many times

**** grooming! I dont know about you guys, but Im ready to win. Im pretty sure Bill is too. Fleece Dallas and get Anderson or draft Matt Ryan if we cant do that. Decent year this season and then its winning time boys. If youre gonna GROOM(I hate that word, along with UPSIDE) Beck why waste a 2nd rounder on a total garbage PROJECT like Flacco.

**** grooming! I dont know about you guys, but Im ready to win. Im pretty sure Bill is too. Fleece Dallas and get Anderson or draft Matt Ryan if we cant do that. Decent year this season and then its winning time boys. If youre gonna GROOM(I hate that word, along with UPSIDE) Beck why waste a 2nd rounder on a total garbage PROJECT like Flacco.

How about "POTENTIAL"... I think thats all dolphins fans have heard for years. The words "POTENTIAL" and "CHAMBERS" went hand in hand

If Anderson as many on this post have said is garbage and a one hit wonder then why would Parcells and Co. be considering this? They wouldn't. So they must know something that we all don't about Anderson. They are the experts and if they feel he is the right guy for us then I am all for it.

It'll look like this in my opinion..

Dolphins trade 1st rounder to Dallas for both first, barber and 4th
Dolphins sign D. Anderson and give up 1st (28th) and 3rd

QB-D. Anderson
HB-M. Barber
FB-?
WR-Keyshawn, Ginn, Hagan, FA, Draftee

If Anderson as many on this post have said is garbage and a one hit wonder then why would Parcells and Co. be considering this? They wouldn't. So they must know something that we all don't about Anderson. They are the experts and if they feel he is the right guy for us then I am all for it.

I'll tell you why. Because Anderson is a 24 year old potential franchise QB and Bill and Jeff know damn well the Browns are in a bind with this situation. The asking price may start at a 1st and a 3rd but look for it to drop as time goes on. We would be foolish to not stick our nose in there and find out what it would take to land him.

i too think it's amusing how we're linked to every player on the market.. but after the season we've had the "loose lips sink ships" attitude the Parcellian regeme is commanding.. Im hardly surprised.

I say NO to Anderson. I believe we'll be drafting a QB somewhere in this draft, and bringing in a more experienced (Although may not be better but cheaper) veteran.

With so many needs on this team i can't see us giving that much for one player. When we can sign a free agent and keep the pick.

Um, no please....don't want Anderson. I bet Joey would look good for a year with the line, TE and WR's the Browns have........we'll not that good, lol.

Well that line just came together last year because they signed a top free agent and drafted a T. Yes they have a good TE but thier receivers are not all that. Once you get beyond Edwards noone else on that team is starting material and only Jurevious is solid. At the beginning of the year we had a better wr corp. Charlie Frye still got benched with all that talent. Amazing how so many people predicted they were trading away a top five pick when they traded for Quinn but now they were a stud team lol. Doesn't Anderson get any credit for that offense. He had a better season than Eli Manning who had similar to better talent.

Drafting Ryan would be stupid with all the other help that we need. If we drafted him we would be giving up on Beck after 4 starts. That is stupid.

I'll tell you why. Because Anderson is a 24 year old potential franchise QB and Bill and Jeff know damn well the Browns are in a bind with this situation. The asking price may start at a 1st and a 3rd but look for it to drop as time goes on. We would be foolish to not stick our nose in there and find out what it would take to land him.

Glad after all of our disagreement that we can definately agree on something lol. Well said.

Thank you for suppling the link

I think we would be nuts to give up a 1st and 3rd for Anderson.

Its funny, but it seems we are linked to every player out there. The Parcells smoke screen is blowing strong.

Perfect i love that and it sure is working for them so far.. Hell spend 15mins talking to everyone and of course people might think we are going a different route and up the offers or trades...

To me it does not matter if he is right or wrong its a big risk to take with the picks they want.Tell me what you guys saw from Anderson last year that makes you think he is the answer.Also the last time I looked we dont have a Braylon Edwards at wide rec or a Winslow at Te.Were you all that impressed with him last season that you would give up a 1st and 3rd

NO TO ANDERSON!! We need ALL the picks we can get, next year too. STOP TRADING AWAY THE DAMN PICKS!!

#1 Chris Long
2a Quentin Grooves
2b Red Bryant
3 Andre Caldwell
4 Barry Richardson
and a TE
another ST/LB
a CB, S

Back
Top Bottom