Merged: Miami to go after Anderson? / Trade scenarios | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Miami to go after Anderson? / Trade scenarios

Basically if we can fleece Dallas for the 2 first rounders a 3rd or 4th and Barber, we esentially would get Anderson, Barber and switch a 3rd for a 4th for moving down from the #1 pick to whichever 1st rounder of Dallas' we dont trade. Great deal. Our team could win 8 maybe more games this year. At least be competative and win 6 or 7.

Can't happen.

The draft picks given up as compensation for a RFA have to be the team's own picks or better. (You can't trade down and then give up the lower pick.)

Part that throws me off is the "he won't be back" part. He can't be that confident they'll get a 1st and third for him so maybe if hell freezes over, hell get released. If he would, then I want is to go after him strong.

I wouldnt worry aboutt his rumor. Where gonna get Flacco in the 2nd. No way we give up a 1st and 3rd for him. I can do that 32 pick but no way in hell #1

Update On Anderson

02/28[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Deadline Looming for Browns[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Browns GM Phil Savage has gone on record saying that it's unlikely that Qb[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Derek Anderson will return to the Browns if he hits the market[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] as a restricted free agent...the Browns are about $16 million under the cap and would have a difficult time matching the type of offer that Anderson is likely to receive...the Dolphins are nearly $40 million under the cap and are considered one of the frontrunners to sign Anderson away from the Browns. [/FONT]

Ok but signing him as a RFA means giving up a 1st & 3rd round picks so I don't see that happening.

I am sure Anderson has probably received a phone call from some GM saying they will pay him more than $20 million....I would not be shocked if Miami signed him...he is young with a lot of upside.

Derek has bad accuracy and he is way overrated.
How can a qb not put up At least! some decent numbers, because what he had was decent numbers at best, when you are throwing the ball to a top 6 wr and the best te in the league and have a real good power running game to help you.

Not necessarily. That would be the starting price. Doesn't mean that they can't deal him for less ultimately.

My first post! I know Anderson only had 1 good season, but the browns had the same weapons minus Jamal Lewis the year before and Charlie Frye didn't produce the same kind of results. Anderson has some talent and great size.

I am sure Anderson has probably received a phone call from some GM saying they will pay him more than $20 million....I would not be shocked if Miami signed him...he is young with a lot of upside.

'signing him' would cost the 1st overall pick and the 1st pick of day 2....I would be absolutely SHOCKED if they signed him. if anything it would have to be a trade.

and why in the world would Cleveland cut him??

My first post! I know Anderson only had 1 good season, but the browns had the same weapons minus Jamal Lewis the year before and Charlie Frye didn't produce the same kind of results. Anderson has some talent and great size.
Welcome. Also you can't underestimate the experiance gained by Edwards the your Frye started and Winslow was no where near 100%. Jamal Lewis was a huge upgrade and Joe Jerivicious wasn't there for Frye either. Anderson needs to show what he has another year before people put him on a pedistel and call him proven. We sure as heck don't need to0 give up any high picks for him IMO.

To me it does not matter if he is right or wrong its a big risk to take with the picks they want.Tell me what you guys saw from Anderson last year that makes you think he is the answer.Also the last time I looked we dont have a Braylon Edwards at wide rec or a Winslow at Te.Were you all that impressed with him last season that you would give up a 1st and 3rd

I really doubt a deal with Dallas is in the works. And I'm not for any move that makes Dallas a jaugernaut anyway and I think they would be if McFadden is what many think he is. I have said it before and I'll keep saying it, the objective is to win the Superbowl and giving a young Dallas team that is more than likely the best team in the NFC someone who has a Faulk like potential makes it unlikely that the Dolphins will be Superbowl champs anytime over the next ten years.

I guess if you look at getting Anderson this way, he has proven more at this level than any of the potential draft picks, then it's not a bad idea.

IN NFL NETWORK TV .....DEREK ANDERSON AGREE TO A THREE YEAR DEAL WITH THE BROWNS WORTH 2O MILL .... ...... that was yesterday

Back
Top Bottom