MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts" | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts"

As a bulls fan I hate the fact that a ref fixed games because it means that we probably got screwed out of the number 2 seed and Greg Oden ( 1 knick loss -ala heat game would have been it). Personally I thought it was BS when Jordan played and I think its bs now that my team isnt getting the calls, but the superstar rule is the first thing that has to go. Its BS that if lebron and wade do the same move as Gordon on Hinrich one will get the call the other wont. Its why lebron sucks so much in international they dont give him the superstar call.

My solution, fire all but the 3 actual good refs. Starting with palmer, she sucks major time. I watched a game once where the fans starting booing her and the other refs had to make calls faster just so she wouldnt be making them anymore. And trust me it was bad on both sides. Whoever chicago was playing that day I feel sorry for them cause they got screwed by her bad calls. Was she cheating probably not, she just sucks that bad. And thats why Donahey got away with it for so long, refs suck so bad cant tell who is point shaving or not.

Cant wait for football where the only thing I'm bitching about is a suspect holding or PI call in the patsies/jets favor. Oh and watching atlanta fans sitting through the joey Harrington experience. Man atlanta I bet that tomlinson trade looks really dumb now.

I remember when you said to us Heat fans that we were crazy when we told you that game 4 in 06' was fixed. You believe us now? 31 to 5 kinda sells it now no?

I remember when you said to us Heat fans that we were crazy when we told you that game 4 in 06' was fixed. You believe us now? 31 to 5 kinda sells it now no?

Yeah, but if your claiming the league told the refs to fix it your still wrong.

These "FIXES" came from the mafia! The mafia has no interest and could care less if a series becomes "more interesting if the team down 2-0 now wins game 3"

Who knows if there was fixing, if there was I would be pissed if my team was in one of those games. Forget 06 though. With the playoffs 1 ref can only effect 1 game. And in the end better team will win out 90% in playoffs(cavs not better than det, just more rested). Heat won in 06 to get the championship. And chicago won in 07 proving they weren't a 1 and done team and would come back next year better.

The one thing I do know there are bad refs though. I'm just saying if there was I wouldn't be surprised if Chi was on the beneficial and losing end of a few of those games, based on FTA for us its losing. I still think game 4 was most fair officiating Chi has seen since usually they get hacked and no calls.

Solution fire all refs and make it so all games are called the same no matter if your name is ESPN, i mean lebron james, or Taurence Kinsey a rookie on the worst team in the league. I mean just get a few of these FIBA refs they seem to call games fine every time I watch those. Its amazing how smooth those games go and how uncontroversial.

WOW...you think a 31 to 5 FT advantage was fair.

NO MikeO...I am alledging that there was a fix in on that game as in somebody got to the refs to make a bundle.

The Money Line in that game was a real good bet either way.

The Heat-Bulls game in 05-06 sure does look fixed. I remember watching that game live and people at the bar were joking about it being fixed, guess they were right.

As far as the Lakers/Kings Game 6-- if that was fixed for LA then so were Games 2 and 5 for Sacramento.

You posted articles backing your claim, here is mine.

From Spurstalk.com

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...26.34a6b12.html
Sad humor: What a fix Suns were in

Web Posted: 07/25/2007 10:59 PM CDT

San Antonio Express-News

One of the signs a referee is fixing games, according to David Letterman, is this:
"When talking about the Spurs, says we."

That's not as funny as Letterman's other telltale signs, such as "Knicks are winning." But the Spurs' angle sure plays well in Phoenix. There, the second angriest mob (after the Gambino family) sees yet another reason to question a world that allows Robert Horry to prosper.

It's justified, and it's also something David Stern can't correct with a thousand press conferences. All doubt has been validated, and a review of Game 3 of the Suns-Spurs series comes with revisionist bite. For example, the San Antonio crowd chanted "dirty, dirty," at Amare Stoudemire because of comments he'd made about the Spurs just days before.

If everyone had only known who really deserved those words.

That a crooked ref was involved May 12 is damning enough for the league. But did Tim Donaghy, working the last game of his life, also give the Spurs a title as a parting gift?

Issue No. 1: Stoudemire played only 21 minutes because of foul trouble, and Donaghy called the first two on him.

What the replays show: The first is not debatable. Then, Stoudemire mistimed his jump and landed on Michael Finley's back with such force that Finley needed a moment to get up.

The second is less obvious but not clearly a mistake. Horry cut, and Stoudemire, a notoriously lazy defender, didn't move his feet. Jon Barry, working TV that night, called it "a young foul."

Fouls three, four and five on Stoudemire? Donaghy called none of them.

Issue No. 2: Donaghy, from midcourt, blew a late whistle on a Manu Ginobili drive. The replay showed little if any contact. "I don't know what he saw," said Barry of Donaghy.

If Donaghy wanted to increase scoring and thus win an over-under bet, he'd invent fouls. And if Donaghy wanted the Spurs to win, he would have wanted to help them when they trailed by nine in the second quarter.

What the replays show: It was an awful call. But Boris Diaw responded with a score to return the Suns to their 9-point lead. And, after a Tony Parker miss, Donaghy was involved again  calling Tim Duncan for a foul that built the Phoenix lead to double digits.

Issue No. 3: Bruce Bowen stripped Steve Nash twice with plays that included some contact, and Bowen ended with only two fouls on the night. One of them was an offensive foul when he kneed Nash.

What the replays show: Ignoring Bowen's fouls goes against the over-under theory. But more telling, Donaghy wasn't involved in these plays. The no-call that drew a technical from Mike D'Antoni came from another ref, Greg Willard.

Willard was the Suns' target that night, not Donaghy. Appearing in the Express-News in the next day's editions was a sample from an unidentified Phoenix coach. "Greg Willard," he said, "just had the worst game in the history of officiating."

Willard also missed Shawn Marion clawing at Ginobili, accidentally catching his eye. Ginobili didn't like that no-call, either. He responded by scoring eight points in the final 1:30 of the third quarter.

Nash didn't react as well. An Arizona columnist wrote then, "It may have been the worst big game he's played since rejoining the Suns."

The third referee, Eddie F. Rush, didn't do much better. When an Arizona reporter made his own review of the game tape this week, he pointed to a call Rush made in the third quarter that resulted in Stoudemire's fourth personal.

"That was perhaps the most damaging, and questionable, of all the calls against Stoudemire," he wrote. "In fact, if somebody asked whether we thought the fix was in, we'd have fingered Rush for sure."

Maybe Donaghy didn't try to fix that game. Maybe he didn't have to. But when looking for signs  as Letterman was  a replay suggests something worthy of late-night humor.

Donaghy might have been the best official that night.

A real sign of the fix occurring, in a game I said was suspicious of before.

"At least one troubling story involves the Bulls. According to the New York Times, a February game at Golden State is suspicious in that Donaghy appeared to overlook how Warriors center Andris Biedrens, with the score tied at 112-112 and 23 seconds left in regulation, parked himself in the lane for about seven seconds. It should have resulted in a defensive three-second violation, which calls for a technical foul and free throw for the Bulls, who would have retained possession. But Donaghy moved from the baseline to tap Biedrins on the waist with 16 seconds left, allowing him to leave the lane without a whistle. The Warriors won in overtime, 123-121, covering a spread that began at 1½ points."

This dude is cooked.

A real sign of the fix occurring, in a game I said was suspicious of before.

"At least one troubling story involves the Bulls. According to the New York Times, a February game at Golden State is suspicious in that Donaghy appeared to overlook how Warriors center Andris Biedrens, with the score tied at 112-112 and 23 seconds left in regulation, parked himself in the lane for about seven seconds. It should have resulted in a defensive three-second violation, which calls for a technical foul and free throw for the Bulls, who would have retained possession. But Donaghy moved from the baseline to tap Biedrins on the waist with 16 seconds left, allowing him to leave the lane without a whistle. The Warriors won in overtime, 123-121, covering a spread that began at 1½ points."

This dude is cooked.

No, the LEAGUE is cooked!!

Back
Top Bottom