MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

Slappy8800 said:
Is hasek hurt?

No he's fine. He took a skate to the head......shades of Clint Malarchuk.....but luckily the blade caught him in the mask. Bit of a cut lip that's all. He was pulled with about 5 minutes left when things started getting ugly. But only because Sens backup goalie Ray Emery is known for his fighting ability.

Hey Unified- you still hopping off the Bruins train? 2-0 since the trade- great comeback aginst the Oil tonight. Big win for my Devs today too against Minneosta. Any day when the Devils win and the Rangers and Flyers both lose is a great day indeed!!

FireWrongstedt said:
Hey Unified- you still hopping off the Bruins train? 2-0 since the trade- great comeback aginst the Oil tonight. Big win for my Devs today too against Minneosta. Any day when the Devils win and the Rangers and Flyers both lose is a great day indeed!!

Old habits die hard my friend...I explained all my reasons at the end of the "Joe Thornton gets traded" thread.

Bergeron has REALLY stepped up since the trade. He's the first line center now so the increased ice should really speed up his development (then they can trade him for less then market value in a few years once he is due a big payday).

It was a nice comeback. They'll be tired tomorrow night though for the Canucks (which I am going to see :D ).

Typical Canucks though...they YET AGAIN get a tired team, coming off a game in either Calgary or Edmonton after resting for a few days. My hometown Canucks are the biggest mirage in hockey. Exciting team to watch with some good talent but they don't work hard.

dominizzo said:
These predators are just amazing man what a goalie Vokoun

It seems like all the goalies that are playing the best are from the west...Cujo, Vokoun, Kiprusoff, and both Fernandez and Roloson...maybe its because of the aggressive play out west?

dominizzo said:
Those players will be amazing i am so happy finally we have young youth

Ironically it's the youth that is carrying us right now. With Forsberg still out, Desjardins set to miss 10 weeks and Keith Primeau's career up in the air with concussion problems, it's guys like Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, R.J Umberger, Antero Nittymaki and Joni Pitkanen (also out 6 weeks) who have been able to help the Flyers keep pace with the Rangers (who are in first but have played 4 more games than us).

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
Ironically it's the youth that is carrying us right now. With Forsberg still out, Desjardins set to miss 10 weeks and Keith Primeau's career up in the air with concussion problems, it's guys like Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, R.J Umberger, Antero Nittymaki and Joni Pitkanen (also out 6 weeks) who have been able to help the Flyers keep pace with the Rangers (who are in first but have played 4 more games than us).

Flyers downfall will be goaltending. Good luck stopping the Sens firepower in the playoffs with Nittymaki in net.

pigskinguy said:
Flyers downfall will be goaltending. Good luck stopping the Sens firepower in the playoffs with Nittymaki in net.

a healthy Flyers team would crush the Sens....with Esche, Nittymaki or Neil freakin' Little.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
a healthy Flyers team would crush the Sens....with Esche, Nittymaki or Neil freakin' Little.

Crush? No. Win a hard-fought 7-game series? Yes, definately possible. But the goaltending- be it Esche or Nittymaki- would have to be sick. SICK. I think Ottawa wins that series in 6- and that's not becauee I'm a Devils fan and I detest the Fly-f*gs- Ottawa is the better team IMO.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:

It nice that you believe in your team. But if you honestly believe your little team could beat the Sens in a 7-game series, then you know less about hockey than my 5-year-old niece.

The Flyers can't compete with Senator on any level. Offense, defense, goaltending, PP, PK, toughness........Flyers are no match.

Back
Top Bottom