Merged: **OFFICIAL** Press Conference Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: **OFFICIAL** Press Conference Thread

Rick: "This is and will continue to be a team effort. No one man can do it alone. The biggest difference is that I will have the final authority".

Rick hasn't been able to eat or sleep for two weeks. Faith in God kept he and his family afloat.

Originally posted by Muck
Wayne just stepped in and is tongue-lashing a reporter for implying to Dan that it's a figureheaded position. He's p*ssed about that.

He also mentioned "it's not a question......just like you guys were high-fiving at Buffalo". Don't know what happened there, but apparently it wasn't cool with Wayne.

Yeah, I liked that. Wayne H shows some presence.

BB

I'm not sure. I wish I knew. But apparently it had to do with reporters doing it. I'm assuming maybe last year at Buffalo??....since it seemed like he implied that they were doing it in a loss.

Originally posted by fin-atic
What's the high five in Buffalo reference????????????

Not sure exactly but it appears he was refering to a classless act.

BB

Rick did all negotations with the draft and trades. Did the trade and contract with Junior. Dealt with Randy Mueller on the Ricky trade.

PC over.

The bottom line what I want to know is, does Dan Marino merely have INPUT on personnel issues or does he have VETO power on them.

It seems like having Dan there is a convenient way of lending credence to the powers of Wayne and Eddie who have been taking fire lately for their lack of being "football guys" Instead of having a GM with the power of hiring and firing the coach, now its Dan Marino who has the power of hiring and firing both the GM and the Coach.

But like I said, I still want to know...who has absolute final say on personnel? In the draft room lets say Wannstedt wants CB Chris Gamble, Spielman wants QB J.P. Losman, Marino wants QB Phil Rivers, and Wolf recommended trading up for Roethlesberger.

What happens? Does Marino tell Spielman to pick Rivers? Does he make the final decision based on all the input? Or does Spiel go ahead and get Losman while Marino jots it down in the back of his memory when it comes time to renew Spiel's contract...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The bottom line what I want to know is, does Dan Marino merely have INPUT on personnel issues or does he have VETO power on them.

But like I said, I still want to know...who has absolute final say on personnel? In the draft room lets say Wannstedt wants CB Chris Gamble, Spielman wants QB J.P. Losman, Marino wants QB Phil Rivers, and Wolf recommended trading up for Roethlesberger.

Theres the question of the year right there parrot.

I like this situation IF Spielman does in fact have the final say and Wanny does not.

Wanny used his override on Speilman in the last draft AND Wanny brought Speilman into Miami. How do you go from being given the job by Wanny and taking orders from Wanny to being Wanny's boss and having Wanny take him seriously?

Hopefully this is where Marino comes in. I hope Marino is able to keep Wanny in his position and out of Speilman's decisions.

Back
Top Bottom