MERGED: Official Site | Sun-Sentinel Confirm Mueller as GM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official Site | Sun-Sentinel Confirm Mueller as GM

ch19079 said:
so he interviewed before, and was beaten out by Spielman.

am i the only one that sees this as a bad sign??

No. Cause the people making the same decision to promote Spielman and think Wanny was the right head coach and believe in Jay Fiedler were wrong on EVERYTHING. If they were WRONG on EVERYTHING, then if they felt Randy Muller wasn't good enough, it probably means he was actually great.

The opposite of Eddie Jones/Wanny/Spielman.....just go with it and don't question it.

ch19079 said:
so he interviewed before, and was beaten out by Spielman.

am i the only one that sees this as a bad sign??

You have to remember who was doing the first interview.

I'm kind of shocked by this, I really thought he would take a yound up and comer to mold, but if Saban wants Muller, then I can live with it.

It just may be a bad sign for the Bills!! :rolleyes:

finsnchips said:
you might wanna stick a pic of ronnie in your sig...

ced-ben is gna be the next great RB for the bears.
\

yeah i know---i haven't been on in ahwile and did the sig before the draft! whoops!

New article from PFT.

FINS CONFIRM MUELLER HIRE

The Miami Dolphins have confirmed that Randy Mueller is the team's new General Manager.

In a release sent out by the team after the hiring of Mueller was reported right here, the team acknowledges that the former Saints G.M. is the new G.M. in South Florida.

"We want to welcome Randy Mueller to the Dolphins organization," said coach Nick Saban. "He is respected throughout the league and has a strong background in player personnel. He will help us in our continuing efforts to build a team that will not only achieve success, but sustain it on a long-term basis."

"I am looking forward to my responsibilities with the Dolphins," said Mueller. "This is one of the great franchises in the NFL with an unmatched tradition of success, and it's going to be special for me to be a part of that legacy. Beginning with Wayne Huizenga, the organization is well-known for being first class in every respect, and I know everyone here is committed to working together for the long-term success of the franchise."

Reaction to the news was met with surprise in at least one NFL city. "Mueller is a mistake," said a league source in response to the news. "Saban will never be able to trust him."

I wonder who that NFL city is.....maybe New Orleans?

Agua said:
Me either. Mueller is a loose cannon.

Yeah, I really though he would take one of the young up and comers. But Saban gets a pass for me with what he has done so far, Only time will tell.

But it does shock me.

PhinDude88 said:
New article from PFT.

I wonder who that NFL city is.....maybe New Orleans?

Considering this story broke at 10am or so, it isn't any team on the west coast (ie Seattle, Mullers first job) since those boys are still in bed probably. Gotta be an east coast team. New Orleans might be it

Mueller is an idiot, I hope Saban doesn't pay much attention to him.

I was so glad we didn't hire him last year. Just hearing him speak on ESPN you can realize how clueless he was, in case is past GM history wasn't enough.

Randy Mueller On Board

Well I Like This Hiring He Will Make A Very Good Gm He Is Very Well Respected Around The League.

KuchaMucha said:
Yep. Looks like the RUmor turned out to have substance.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolgm060605,0,6984561.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

My only concern is how will they get along. Muller recently interviewed for the President job with Seattle and has been known to be a pretty independent guy. Could he live with a coach who has the final say instead of him? Let's hope so.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Come on guys, we all know Saban has final say. Mueller IMO is going to be more of a scout and personnel guy. All trades and final says and drafts etc will be overseen by Saban.

He is an upgrade over Spielman. Spielman did a good job with scouting, but he got abused in the draft by Tice and made some horrible trades.

If Saban thought for one second that he couldnt trust Randy then he wouldnt hire him. I do think that they will be fine. It will be interesting to see about Ricky's situaion now.

Well we know he knows how to make draft day trades and pick up extra draft picks!

I think this is a stunning move.

Everytime I've read Mueller run his mouth over the last 2 years he has said nothing but negative things about the Dolphins.

I think he was very bitter about getting passed over.

I want to hear him and Saban speak at the presser before I say anything more...I know they won't say anything profound but it might make me feel better....I've never been a big Randy Mueller fan to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom