MERGED: Official Site | Sun-Sentinel Confirm Mueller as GM | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official Site | Sun-Sentinel Confirm Mueller as GM

Dolphins17-0 said:
Mueller is an idiot, I hope Saban doesn't pay much attention to him.

I was so glad we didn't hire him last year. Just hearing him speak on ESPN you can realize how clueless he was, in case is past GM history wasn't enough.

Alot of times guys who had jobs like a GM then get fired and go into TV, come back with a 2nd lease on life. They learn from their mistakes. They can take a step back, look at things from a different perspective and then when they do return they come back with guns-a-blazing.

I'm not so sure I like this hiring.....

RM has been known to be a very outspoken, ego driven GM everywhere he's been. He better not screw things up down here. I'm not that that impressed with RM's past history either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where this takes us.....

I was hoping for someone from the Pats organization to become our next GM, or someone from the BB school of football. RM is not that person by any stretch....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I'm sure Haslett will have a dumb comment on him as well.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I'm not so sure I like this hiring.....

RM has been known to be a very outspoken, ego driven GM everywhere he's been. He better not screw things up down here. I'm not that that impressed with RM's past history either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where this takes us.....

I was hoping for someone from the Pats organization to become our next GM, or someone from the BB school of football. RM is not that person by any stretch....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Saban is from teh BB school of football and he runs this team! :shakeno:

I would still perfer someone else, but i dont mind Randy being our GM. I doubt that Randy will have an impact role here.

If Mueller got fired by a team like the New Orleans Aints. and Speilman beat him out the first time around, how good could he be? He wasn't even on the list of candidates that was posted from the palm beach post. what happened with those guys? they had better track records than him.

ch19079 said:
so he interviewed before, and was beaten out by Spielman.

am i the only one that sees this as a bad sign??
No. That was Wanny's regime. Wanny chose Spielman. The exact opposite of what Wanny does is a good thing. :lol:

On a serious note, I wouldnt look at it like that. There could be a LOT of behind the scenes politics that we are unaware of. Mueller and Wanny would have clashed more than Spielman and Wanny. Im sure there are a lot more examples like this that affected why Spielman was hired.

I agree that this is a stunning move...

I don't know if that means bad or good...but stunning is the right word. I would never have seen this coming.

godfater21 said:
If Mueller got fired by a team like the New Orleans Aints. and Speilman beat him out the first time around, how good could he be? He wasn't even on the list of candidates that was posted from the palm beach post. what happened with those guys? they had better track records than him.

1) Maybe the Palm Beach Post was wrong (they coulda pulled a Newsweek)

2) The people calling the shots for Miami the past few years have been WRONG on everything. From Wannstedt, to Spielman, to Fiedler. So Randy getting passed over by THEM, means nothing since those people had no clue. YES IM TALKING TO YOU EDDIE JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) The Saints are morons, who cares what they do. They hired Ditka and let him trade away an entire draft to pick Ricky. Nuff said!

Gonzo said:
I'm sure Haslett will have a dumb comment on him as well.
IM SURE HE WILL I HATE THAT GUY MAKES ME SICK CALLING OUT PLAYERS AND THE 70'S STEELERS THAT GUY IS A JERK. :fire:

unifiedtheory said:
I think this is a stunning move.

Everytime I've read Mueller run his mouth over the last 2 years he has said nothing but negative things about the Dolphins.

I think he was very bitter about getting passed over.

I want to hear him and Saban speak at the presser before I say anything more...I know they won't say anything profound but it might make me feel better....I've never been a big Randy Mueller fan to be honest.

True, but over the past 2 years I have said nothing but negative stuff about the fins also. It has nothing to do with being bitter, the moves we made flat out stunk. Come on, look at the personnel moves we made in the past 2 years. Can you honestly say stepping back from a non-homer perspective that you have nothing negative to say about the personnel moves we made?

I will be the first to admit every trade we made in the past 2 years I have been against and thought they were desperation trades.

Maybe he already did open his mouth.....

Reaction to the news was met with surprise in at least one NFL city. "Mueller is a mistake," said a league source in response to the news. "Saban will never be able to trust him."

This was from the PFT article.

MikeO said:
3) The Saints are morons, who cares what they do. They hired Ditka and let him trade away an entire draft to pick Ricky. Nuff said!
:lol: And then they shipped Ricky off to us for, how many picks?

Back
Top Bottom