MERGED: Official Site | Sun-Sentinel Confirm Mueller as GM | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official Site | Sun-Sentinel Confirm Mueller as GM

MelbournePhin said:
we will be. prepare for a whoopin :)

Here I am just to offer you guys a little New Orleans insight on Mueller, and I get a little smack thrown my way. :tongue: :evil:

Wow. Just...wow. Of all the things I expected to read in the sports news today, this was NOT among them. I kinda figured we would go without a GM this year, or just promote an interim from within till next offseason.
To pick up a big name like Mueller this late in the offseason surprises the hell out of me.

Rick 1966 said:
Wow. Just...wow. Of all the things I expected to read in the sports news today, this was NOT among them. I kinda figured we would go without a GM this year, or just promote an interim from within till next offseason.

To pick up a big name like Mueller this late in the offseason surprises the hell out of me.

I'm assuming you like the move (by your last comment). What's your opinion of the guy??

NJFINSFAN1 said:
This kind of shocks me, I just don't see Saban and Muller hitting it off. I thought he would go with the younger up and comer he could mold.

Will be interesting after the first big leak to ESPN happens.

This move totally blind-sided me too, BUT, obviously they've already hit it off or else the hire would not have been made.

I like this guy. He's outspoken, colorful and he impressed me during the pre-draft coverage. He's a go-getter. We finally have a real GM with a proven track record.

unifiedtheory said:
I think this is a stunning move.

Everytime I've read Mueller run his mouth over the last 2 years he has said nothing but negative things about the Dolphins.

I think he was very bitter about getting passed over.

I want to hear him and Saban speak at the presser before I say anything more...I know they won't say anything profound but it might make me feel better....I've never been a big Randy Mueller fan to be honest.

If I was a press guy the last two years, I would have bashed the Dolphins too.

I am total shock right now!!! I need to collect my thoughts. This wasn't a possibility in my mind in a million years!!! Especially after some of the ripping of the Dolphins Randy's done not just recently, but the past year or so! WOW!

ch19079 said:
so he interviewed before, and was beaten out by Spielman.

am i the only one that sees this as a bad sign??

I believe that every GM that interviewed was better qualified than Spielman. We kept him because Wanny was not willing to work with anyone else. He had a country club atmosphere down there. A buddy-system that he felt comfortable in. Thats why they brought in Marino because number one, it was not going to be a popular move and number two, he;s not qualified to be a GM. I think Spielman is an excellent scout who years back was looked at as a promising GM candidate for some NFL team in the future (according to Peter King), he was given his chance and failed.

I like it for a couple of reasons. First off, this allows Saban to focus on coaching and not have to do all the "leg work" when it comes to scouting, trade talk and FA courting. Randy can do all of that and just call Saban in at the end to finalize something or to help or whatever. Having a coach focus on coaching more is a good thing imo.

Secondly, Randy, I think, knows this team. He always talked about them on ESPNews and ESPN football shows. He interviewed with them last year, and he writes about them quite frequently on espn.com. He obviously has followed this team very closely and feels he can help ( or else he wouldn't have taken the job ).

I think this is going to be a short term relationship, but one that is mutally beneficial. Kudos to the Dolphins on a good hire.

Muck said:
I'm assuming you like the move (by your last comment). What's your opinion of the guy??

Well, he was my favorite candidate for a GM when Spielman got the job in that phoney GM hunt, so I guess I like the move. I WAS a bit turned off by his bitter comments afterward...I mean, I agreed with him that the whole GM search was a sham from the word go, but it seemed a bit unprofessional of him. I hope that Saban can keep him in line personality-wise, but I do appreciate the eye for talent he has.

I'm shocked- I honestly thought saban would go with someone with a smaller ego. Very surprising. Hopefully it all works out. This leaves more questions about Ricky as well.

cdz12250 said:
Wanny liked Spielman. He also liked Fletcher. Need we go on?

Wanny wasn't on the committee that choose Spielman..and they did a good job.

MDFINFAN said:
Wanny wasn't on the committee that choose Spielman..and they did a good job.

No, they didn't do ANY job. They brought in a few big names to make it look like they were actually searching for the best man for the job, then they gave the job to the insider to whom they intended to give it from the beginning.

Obidan said:
Here I am just to offer you guys a little New Orleans insight on Mueller, and I get a little smack thrown my way. :tongue: :evil:

hey, thanks for the insight. it's an interesting hire, and it's always good to get other points of view.

Rick 1966 said:
No, they didn't do ANY job. They brought in a few big names to make it look like they were actually searching for the best man for the job, then they gave the job to the insider to whom they intended to give it from the beginning.

In your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom