MERGED: Official Site | Sun-Sentinel Confirm Mueller as GM | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official Site | Sun-Sentinel Confirm Mueller as GM

This is flipping awesome.

Mueller will likely make a great GM, and make no mistake, Saban will retain final say on all personnel matters.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
Well I Like This Hiring He Will Make A Very Good Gm He Is Very Well Respected Around The League.
Am I wrong, but I thought Saban had GM powers?

PhinDude88 said:
Maybe he already did open his mouth.....

This was from the PFT article.

That has to be him. What in the hell is that guy's problem? Absolutely no professionalism or integrity.

PFT still has an agenda...

against Saban and the Dolphins...I certainly wouldn't buy into that quote...

Mueller becoming GM is surprising though.

Oboy said:
Am I wrong, but I thought Saban had GM powers?

Saban has final say. Mueller is the GM. But Saban can overule Mueller at anytime.

If you guys think Mueller isn't going to be calling shots here your nuts. YES, Saban has final say. But Saban will let Randy do his thing, and Nick will just step in every now and then and tinker with this and that.

Mueller is the GM. Nick just has the ability to overule anything.

RHoffman said:
against Saban and the Dolphins...I certainly wouldn't buy into that quote...

Mueller becoming GM is surprising though.

PFT was the first one to break the story. Plus, they didnt say anything negative in the article.

Philter25 said:
:lol: And then they shipped Ricky off to us for, how many picks?

I never said we WERE any smarter than the Saints! :lol:

Hopefully those days are over though with St.Nick in charge

PhinDude88 said:
PFT was the first one to break the story. Plus, they didnt say anything negative in the article.

and if they DID say something negative who cares? Why are some of you guys so sensitive? :shakeno:

Randy Muller????? :shakeno: There was a reason he was available..I'd rather someone else..even with all his accomplishments..Rick could do what he gotta do.

MikeO said:
and if they DID say something negative who cares? Why are some of you guys so sensitive? :shakeno:

I was just stating the facts that they didnt say anything negative. I dont really care if they do or not. Lay off will ya.

mueller will be a good g.m....first of all, he has been out of the league for 2 years but working for espn so he got to see the entire league and got a different view...when you are out of the league for 2 years, it probably tends to humble you...mueller knows that saban is his boss...i have heard him on espn radio and i liked what i heard...mueller will have his ego checked at the door...saban has final say anyway and wouldnt have hired him if he didnt think he could do a good job...muellers just happy to be back in the league...i just had not heard his name connected with miami...

Here's my problem with Mueller, and I'm stating UP FRONT that I don't have the stats to back this up, but it was my impression with this guy that he seemed to spin his wheels at high rev, never really accomplishing much, but a lot of movement resulting in large roster instability and turnover. That's just my impression of the guy.

jd13 said:
mueller will be a good g.m....first of all, he has been out of the league for 2 years but working for espn so he got to see the entire league and got a different view...when you are out of the league for 2 years, it probably tends to humble you...mueller knows that saban is his boss...i have heard him on espn radio and i liked what i heard...mueller will have his ego checked at the door...saban has final say anyway and wouldnt have hired him if he didnt think he could do a good job...muellers just happy to be back in the league...i just had not heard his name connected with miami...

If working for espn makes you a good gm than give me berman or mortenson.

This is a surprising move.If Saban had problems of chemistry with Speilman then how will it be with Mueller who has a reputation for being arrogant.At first eveything will be
civilized but ultimately their ego's may clash.

But on second thought it may be a good move.How many HC with total power have failed at trying to be a HC and GM at the same time.

Mueller certainly has the credentials .Its a real coup to get such a high profile NFL executive to play second banana to Saban.

Maybe Mueller's ego has been toned down after being turned down for several other executive jobs around the league.He was at risk of becoming irrevelant without a real NFL job so this may give his career new impetus.

This was unexpected. Saban definitely got a guy who can help him out. I thought he'd get some young personell guy. Nice hire by Saban imo, hope it works out for the best

Back
Top Bottom