MERGED: Official Site | Sun-Sentinel Confirm Mueller as GM | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official Site | Sun-Sentinel Confirm Mueller as GM

Agua said:
Here's my problem with Mueller, and I'm stating UP FRONT that I don't have the stats to back this up, but it was my impression with this guy that he seemed to spin his wheels at high rev, never really accomplishing much, but a lot of movement resulting in large roster instability and turnover. That's just my impression of the guy.

Exactly. people are making a big deal because he got 2 1st round picks and a 4th rounder out of Wanny for Ricky. Well there are a thousand other posts that say it wasn't hard to screw wanny over. so how does it make you a great negotiator when you get the better deal from one of the worst negotiators in the league?

Umm.. Spielman was schooled by Mike Tice.

Yes- the same guy who MISSED his draft time.

PhinDude88 said:
Can anybody tell be about his character. I think that i heard that he doesnt get along with people. Is that true?

Not true. The day Benson fired him in N.O., all the coaches and staff were shocked and very upset. The whole city wanted Benson's head on a platter. He was very personable and a fan favorite.

Obidan said:
Not true. The day Benson fired him in N.O., all the coaches and staff were shocked and very upset. The whole city wanted Benson's head on a platter. He was very personable and a fan favorite.

Thanks for the rest of the story.....

Appreciate it.....

:cool: :cool: :cool:

one thing you have to remember - Mueller has like 15 years experience in the front office - Saban has 0 - he wants someone who knows the ropes, and has relationships with other people around the league so he can do trades, etc.

Wow, this came out of nowhere. This is definitley an upgrade over Speilman! I am sure Mueller won't be your typical GM with Saban calling the shots, but he is an excelent scout and should help Saban out a great deal when FA rolls along.

I like this hire.

At first, I was surprised and kind of skeptical that we got a new GM so soon... but after reading this guys record... I'm ASTONISHED!!! His draft history is amazing!! :eek: He's definitely got some fine credentials. After reading some of the names he was responsible for drafting, my reaction was :jawdrop:
I think we made an EXCELLENT choice with Mueller. This guy obviously has an eye for talent, no doubt in my mind. Lets just hope his negotiating skills are good too.

A few things I have questions about? How the hell did Spielman get the job over him for us in 2004? And why did the Saints owner fire him?? :confused:

I think the combo of Saban and Mueller is a winner all the way around. Also, the Saints front office visited the LSU campus often, and Saban's relationship with Mueller may go farther back than you think. This will certainly add a little spice to the Dolphins @ Saints game on Halloween weekend. It will now be the return of both Saban and Mueller. I'm sure Miami will get better quickly, I just hope it's not by Oct. 30th.

ch19079 said:
so he interviewed before, and was beaten out by Spielman.

am i the only one that sees this as a bad sign??

Wanny liked Spielman. He also liked Fletcher. Need we go on?

I'm sure Miami will get better quickly, I just hope it's not by Oct. 30th.

we will be. prepare for a whoopin :)

mueller has a lot of experience and that is a good thing...it will give saban more time to spend coaching...and he still has final say...good hire!!!

Back
Top Bottom