MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here

The nerves are starting to kick in. Uruguay plays today! I won't be able to sleep. The last time we were in it, 8 years ago, I was 8. I remember all of the games, but its not like now. So this is my first REAL WC.

I care go USA, England 1-2 USA..............:flagwave:

Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here

Opening Game:

Mexico: 1
South Africa: 1

Mexico had the ball, but could not score until the end. The South Africans showed a lot of heart and deserved to have won the match.

Uncle Sam says ...
vote-1.jpg

It's time to go all 1776 on these blokes again!!!

USA
USA
USA

I am glad it was only a tie. England had some good chances, but good thing they were stopped. Also, if that one shot by Altidore went of the right side of the post the US woe have won 2-1. Either way it was a well played game that ended in a tie.

Some great games today:

South Korea beat a hapless Greek team like a drum, Argentina missed a million chances against Nigeria, but got a beautiful goal in the end. And last, but not least....USA held their own against England, but let's face it, we got lucky with the britt goal keeper falling asleep at the wheel, otherwise the britts would have won. Still gotta commend Team USA for a good game.

England played better overall, but the U.S. played better late. Got really blessed on the Dempsey goal and was a bit unfortunate on the Altidore attempt near post (tho I'm already tired of Lalas and other U.S. soccer fans saying "if the Altidore shot went in we could have won 2-1" . . . I'm thinking hell can we ask for much more after the Dempsey goal . . . be content).

I would have taken a tie pre game, and that still stands post game. It was an IDEAL result for the US, as they really control their own destiny against 2 teams that I feel they are better and more talented than.

Great game from Howard, Gooch and Cherundolo . . . especially great to see Howard play solid after the injury early on and Gooch looks healthy and playing well was very great to see.

That was my first viewing of a soccer match wire-to-wire ...

(yawn) Sorry, but that was mostly boring. Now, that may have to do with the fact that I don't understand the rules. :lol: (for the love of god ... What are the consequences of a yellow card?)

:lol: Is this what the average chick thinks when watching football? :lol:

Anyway ...

USA
USA
USA

I watched some of the game today. Did anyone else happen to notice the clock going the wrong way the entire game?

Back
Top Bottom