Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

Hell no.

From Mel Kiper:
Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green
2005: 60.7 completion pct., 2,591 yards, 26 TDs
His numbers as a junior weren't as good as those in his sophomore season, but you can live with what he did. At Bowling Green, Jacobs played in a great system for a quarterback. He does have an unorthodox release, and that concerns me as to how effective he will be in the NFL. Vince Young has an unorthodox release, as well, but Young is a far superior athlete. Right now, Jacobs projects as a fifth-round pick.

there's no way he's a fifth round pick (maybe fifth round talent, but he will be taken sooner). His sophomore season alone will vault him into round 3, and a halfway decent combine should push him into round 2.

SMadison29 said:
Hell no.

From Mel Kiper:

Well, it's true that he's a 4th or 5th rounder right now, but most people believe that the combine will propel him into the 2nd or 3rd, which will probably happen because Omar is very athletic. He's my #2(realistic) choice for a QB in the draft after Cutler.

SMadison29 said:
Hell no.

From Mel Kiper:

That quote dosn't really say anything negative about him except that Young is a better athlete, and I don't think you'll find anyone to disagree with that anywhere. Does that mean you have to be a freak athlete to have an akward release, I never saw Bernie Kosar do anything but be an accurate and effective starting QB even with his odd release.
Any I respect Kipers opinion on draft picks no greater than many posters on this board. He is wrong as many times as he is right. And he has Jacobs graded lower than the NFL advisory board and anywhere else, I find that odd.

I would not take him anywhere before the 3rd unless he looks spectacular in his workouts. I still want Cutler in the first though so hopefully all this talk will be moot.

I would'nt touch Jacobs anywhere before the fourth round.

Everyone wanting to draft the guy in the 2nd have obviously missed the Wanny years....Saban drafts BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE...he does not make Wannylike reaches for players.

At #16 the Miami Dolphins pick: Quarterback...

...Does anyone know anything or have an opinion about Omar Jacobs from Bowling Green? Some random mock draft site I was on had the Dolphins picking him in first round, with reasons to back it up. Im not agreeing or disagreeing, its way to early for this speculation, I just dont know much about him. I saw him play in one game, (I think) and dontreally remember his skill level. Opinions? Heres the link, the Dolphins pick is at the bottom of this page...

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/index.cfm?page=2

?

Merge with what? Im sorry, is this being discussed somewhere else? I apologize.

expect this thread to get moved.

I think you'll get the where's Michael Huff? crowd reaction out of this mock, and rightly so.
I think the reasons that Arizona doesn't go with a QB are right on, but I think some of those same reasons will apply to the Jets. The already have an absolute ton of money invested at the QB position, and will be in dire need of another standout running back.

I don't feel that Jacobs worth of the 16th pick. In my honest opinion that would be a HUGE reach. If we took him it'd be more of a 2-3 round thing.

Back
Top Bottom