Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

Omar Jacobs is an incredibly talented QB, the only real problems people have with him, are he has an akward release and he played for a weak team in a weak conference. He is extremely athletic, he can make tough throws, and hes good on he ground. Before this season he probablhy would of been late 1st or early 2nd, now I see him going somewhere late 2nd-early 3rd. He will be a starting QB in the NFL at one point, but right away I doubt it. He'll put up number similar to Aaron Brooks imo

I like Omar Jacobs alot, and would love him at #16, which could be possible after the combine.

But I just noticed...If Leinart goes to Tennessee, he'll have an advantage of already knowing most of the system. That could GREATLY decrease his learning curve. Something to look out for.

Mainge said:
But I just noticed...If Leinart goes to Tennessee, he'll have an advantage of already knowing most of the system. That could GREATLY decrease his learning curve. Something to look out for.

True, but we've yet to really see how effective that system is in the NFL. I like Chow, but he could turn out to be a Pete Carroll at the NFL level.

Omar Jacobs at #16?

If that happened I would'nt get a chance to call it the BIGGEST REACH IN DRAFT HISTORY because I will have thrown myself off the Oak Street Bridge.

At #16 we can get a VERY good linebacker, safety or an offensive tackle. Why the HELL would we reach for a guy who can (and should) be drafted in the 4th round just because we have a need at Q.B.?

A good workout could convince me to spend a 3rd rounder on him. Bar the 1st round, hype dies a lot before the draft and unless he rockets, I don't see a lot happening.

Omar Jacobs will not be a first round pick unless he has a superhuman workout. He had a great soph year and has some projectable talent, but his numbers really slipped this year against mediocre talent and he has technical flaws in his throwing motion. RIght now Jacobs would be a reach on the first day let alone the first round. Not to say someone won't take a shot on him or that he won't turn out to be a great QB, but he is a 4th-5th round guy right now because he just has too many question marks.

Omar Jacobs = Jeff Harris (last bowling green qb to come out with a decent arm and funny looking stats from that gimmick offense)

He does seem to come from a Qb friendly system and has a weird release both of which are major points to look at. If hes available later in the draft he might be a good project Qb but 2nd round or even 3rd round? No way. Let someone else have a firstday draftpick sit on their bench for 3-5 years learning how to throw right. A firstday draft pick should be playing by their 2nd or 3rd year.

There's some real experts on here - the truth is nobody knows %100

It's all pure speculation so to rubbish somone's point of view is plain silly!

I dont care who we draft, with good coaching we can make good players look great

Example = Pats

:dolphins:

dorologio said:
...Does anyone know anything or have an opinion about Omar Jacobs from Bowling Green? Some random mock draft site I was on had the Dolphins picking him in first round, with reasons to back it up. Im not agreeing or disagreeing, its way to early for this speculation, I just dont know much about him. I saw him play in one game, (I think) and dontreally remember his skill level. Opinions? Heres the link, the Dolphins pick is at the bottom of this page...

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/index.cfm?page=2

This is an easy answer: Only Cutler, Leinart, and Young are worth a 1st rounder.

After that...NO QB'S are worth more than a 3rd.

Teenwolf said:
There's some real experts on here - the truth is nobody knows %100

It's all pure speculation so to rubbish somone's point of view is plain silly!

I dont care who we draft, with good coaching we can make good players look great

Example = Pats

:dolphins:

Why don't we just roll the dice or flip a coin then??????

dorologio said:
...Does anyone know anything or have an opinion about Omar Jacobs from Bowling Green? Some random mock draft site I was on had the Dolphins picking him in first round, with reasons to back it up. Im not agreeing or disagreeing, its way to early for this speculation, I just dont know much about him. I saw him play in one game, (I think) and dontreally remember his skill level. Opinions? Heres the link, the Dolphins pick is at the bottom of this page...

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/index.cfm?page=2
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=117822

Back
Top Bottom