Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

Toledo Blade Article

Here is a nice little read on Jacobs vs. Gradowski

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060115/SPORTS09/60115005/-1/SPORTS

The NFL advisory council projects Jacobs as a fourth-round pick, but two analysts think he could go higher than that.

“We have Jacobs as a second or third-round choice at this point,†said Rob Rang of nfldraftscout.com. “We feel that Omar will work out well and make a slow, but consistent move up the board as we approach the draft.

“Physically, he has everything you are looking for in a developmental quarterback. He has the size and arm strength. He is a threat to run and can accurately pass while on the move. He throws the deep ball as well as any quarterback in this draft.â€Â

Rang and Scott Wright of nfldraftcountdown.com both have Jacobs ranked the fourth-best quarterback, behind USC’s Matt Leinart, Texas’ Vince Young and Vanderbilt’s Jay Cutler.

“With such a weak crop of seniors after Leinart and Cutler, I could see [Jacobs] moving up [from th fourth round],†Wright said.

Mile High Fin said:
ASSUMING WE CANNOT FIND A TRADING PARTNER TO TRADE UP/DOWN:

would you rather us REACH for him in the mid-2nd?

Or, potentially miss out on him in the mid-3rd?

:D :D :D :D :D

I have him rated as a 3rd rounder. That's where I would take him. However, I'd still prefer Cutler in the 1st.

omar jacobs

I just became a member today and have read many messages. I was wondering why everyone is so set on brody croyle. Alabama's offense was terrible in the SEC, and he couldnt deal with the rush. With our offensive line, he will have to deal with a huge rush. Im not saying Omar Jacobs from Bowling Green should be our guy, but if he is still there in the 4th-5th round, i would like to take a chance on him. He is a proven college QB, unlike Brody Croyle, who i think didnt do well in college...just wanted to knw ur thoughts

Croyle didn't have much talent around him at Alabama and still played at a pretty high level. I love his leadership, strong arm, ability to read defenses and that fact that he played in a more NFL style offense than Jacobs. Jacobs is intriguing, though, but I think he is just more of a project than Croyle. Jacobs probably does have more upside than a lot of qb's in this draft, but needs to get with the right offensive coordinator and sit and learn for a while.

I dont think jacobs will be there in the 3rd or 4th round.He goes late 2nd to a team that has an O.K QB,but maybe looking to upgrade.If Miami doesnt get him in the 2nd he's gone by their 3rd.

skimarino13 said:
I just became a member today and have read many messages. I was wondering why everyone is so set on brody croyle. Alabama's offense was terrible in the SEC, and he couldnt deal with the rush. With our offensive line, he will have to deal with a huge rush. Im not saying Omar Jacobs from Bowling Green should be our guy, but if he is still there in the 4th-5th round, i would like to take a chance on him. He is a proven college QB, unlike Brody Croyle, who i think didnt do well in college...just wanted to knw ur thoughts
I don't think anyone is set on Brodie Croyle. He has a good set of talent and considered less of a project because of the style of offense he headed in the SEC. I don't really have too great of an opinion on him, but he did catch my eye more than once this season.

You won't find too many to disagree with you about taking Jacobs in the 4th-5th area, but I think he will be gone way before than and taking him earlier is where the arguments come in. I'd go for him in the 3rd right now, any higher would be a reach based on having a poor year and the fact that he is an underclassmen, but a strong workout could change that. http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=117822

Actually most of us Ranks QB's as follows
Cutler
Croyle
Jacobs

I have no problem with any of these guys...Unluckily with our offense in neutral due to a lack of an OC we really cant get to serious at this point...

The Times I have seen Omar play,Omar miss on a lot of Corner and combo route
But this guy can throw the ball a mile

I don't get where all this super arm strength stuff comes from. He has an pretty good arm, but it is his accurracy that sets him apart. His backup had a stronger arm.

My 1st post

Croyle is not the answer to what the dolphins need..im sorry i dont see the dolphins wasting an early pick on a qb with knee problems already and a guy who needs to improve himself alot phisically to survive in the nfl...we need future franchise qb and just because the guy is a good decision maker and is accurate doesnt = a sucessful nfl qb in my book...CUTLER OR JACOBS THE WAY TO GO!!!:dolphins:

I rank this year's quarterbacks like this:

1) Leinart
2) Young
3) Cutler
4) Jacobs
5) Olsen
6) Croyle
7) Whitehurst

Back
Top Bottom