Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

saves said:
You are completely uneducated on Jacobs skills or system.
His arm strength, while good, is definatly not his strongest asset. He has the ability to evade pressure while still keeping his eyes down field, knows how to go through his progressions, and has never had any trouble with his mechanics. He is the LEADER of a offense that has never really been too gimicky, and has spent most of his career throwing the same routes he will be in the NFL. The same offense that produced well over 1000 yards rushing and is much more balanced than people think. Just because the majority of the time is spent in shotgun dosn't make it a gimmick offense, and for as many prospects that didn't make it from a shotgun offense I can give you one who did. And you can't even start to tell me he dosn't have accuracy and expect me to believe you know what your talking about.

And he is nothing like the last BG QB (JOSH Harris) who was an option QB with a strong arm. The offense was run differently then and the team was based around Harris's ability to improvise and be a threat on the ground. He didn't have NFL accuracy and looked to run before pass. He also didn't possess NFL size or the feel for the passing game he needed to succeed. Because of these things, he was not even considered close to the prospect that Jacobs is.

Jacobs has everything you look for in an NFL QB, if he can handle it mentaly he will be a starter in the NFL. And thats what separates him from other quarterbacks you lable as having the "Couch Syndrom".

High completion percentage and low Int's spells good things to me. Saban will study all the QB's in depth. Croyle mentioned as an injury prone guy who can play by some, but wasnt Channing Crowder an injury waiting to happen? Saban will draft his man for sure. Just want to know who that will be cus he wont tell a soul and what he does tell, he will be throwing out pearls so others bite the guy he doesnt want.

As for the Cutler folks, you better hope Cutler sucks in the Senior bowl and in combines, cus Saban is going to draft a defensive guy first, especially if we were to get Hutchinson in FA.

Is he gonna even come out and declare? I think a guy like him from a lesser football school would stay.

Omar Jacobs would be worth a 3rd rounder if we cant get Jay Cutler.
Omar has a weird throwing motion and he was part of a totally different type offence at Bowling Green. He would be a project to work with and i dont think he will do much in the NFL.

Omar Jacobs isnt worth a late 1st round at all!!!!!! he isnt even worth a 2nd round, unless he can really show something impressive at the combine then i dont think hes worth drafting until the 3rd round maybe. He has a really strange throwing motion. It would be hard for him to get use to the offence system because Bowling Green has such a strange offence that is completely different from any NFL offence.

Im sticking with Jay Cutler in the 1st round BOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishypete said:
He's more of a Mueller type of QB...than Cutler would be....and the Dolphins could get him in the late 2nd or early third round....saving their first round pick for other needs.

ASSUMING WE CANNOT FIND A TRADING PARTNER TO TRADE UP/DOWN:

would you rather us REACH for him in the mid-2nd?

Or, potentially miss out on him in the mid-3rd?

:D :D :D :D :D

finfan54 said:
Is he gonna even come out and declare? I think a guy like him from a lesser football school would stay.

He declared like a week ago.

prospects

i keep hearing omar jacobs name, does anyone got anything 2 say about him or any other no name QBs comming in this year?? ive never heard of him till earlier 2day and i was woundering how he plays.

thanks in advance

He had incredible stats last year so he was a hot commodity early on. But he had some very dissappointing performances in some big games. Big kid, weird throwing motion. He's in a funky offense which tends to inflate his numbers. His decision making was questionable this year. It was thought he would be a 1st rounder, but after last year I'd guess he's got a 3rd round grade.

rickeyrunsover said:
While I agree w/ you on Jacobs overrall, I do dispute the importance of arm strength. If that is teh only thing a qb has, your right the qb is dead in the water in the NFL. An avg arm qb can survive in teh NFL if he is intelligent, poised and athletic, but I wouldnt put the penningtons in the elite mold. Arm strength isnt the number one factor, but it does play an importance in assessing teh qb IMO. A qb has to be able to make all teh throws or he will be limiting his effectiveness as defense will have an advantage in gameplanning.
I didnt say arm stregnth wasnt important, just that its less important than the other major components of being a qb. Look, Brady, Montana, young, Gannon, Manning, none of them have/had Farve like howitzers. They could make all the throws they needed to make anyway.

saves said:
You are completely uneducated on Jacobs skills or system.
His arm strength, while good, is definatly not his strongest asset. He has the ability to evade pressure while still keeping his eyes down field, knows how to go through his progressions, and has never had any trouble with his mechanics. He is the LEADER of a offense that has never really been too gimicky, and has spent most of his career throwing the same routes he will be in the NFL. The same offense that produced well over 1000 yards rushing and is much more balanced than people think. Just because the majority of the time is spent in shotgun dosn't make it a gimmick offense, and for as many prospects that didn't make it from a shotgun offense I can give you one who did. And you can't even start to tell me he dosn't have accuracy and expect me to believe you know what your talking about.

And he is nothing like the last BG QB (JOSH Harris) who was an option QB with a strong arm. The offense was run differently then and the team was based around Harris's ability to improvise and be a threat on the ground. He didn't have NFL accuracy and looked to run before pass. He also didn't possess NFL size or the feel for the passing game he needed to succeed. Because of these things, he was not even considered close to the prospect that Jacobs is.

Jacobs has everything you look for in an NFL QB, if he can handle it mentaly he will be a starter in the NFL. And thats what separates him from other quarterbacks you lable as having the "Couch Syndrom".
Josh Harris tells me I am educated on BG's offense. And considering Ive watched 10-12 BG games specifically for the purpose of watching Jacobs, Id say im very well educated

Boik14 said:
Josh Harris tells me I am educated on BG's offense. And considering Ive watched 10-12 BG games specifically for the purpose of watching Jacobs, Id say im very well educated

You mean Jeff Harris?:shakeno: Based on your comments on him, I do find that very, very hard to believe.

saves said:
You mean Jeff Harris?:shakeno: Based on your comments on him, I do find that very, very hard to believe.
Ohhhh not a typo at 1130 PM last night. heaven forbid. That automatically disqualifies me from knowing anything. I bow to the all knowing BG, OJ lover. No not really but i figured id try and make you feel good before the cold harsh reality hits.

Boik14 said:
Ohhhh not a typo at 1130 PM last night. heaven forbid. That automatically disqualifies me from knowing anything. I bow to the all knowing BG, OJ lover. No not really but i figured id try and make you feel good before the cold harsh reality hits.

Excuse me? The fact that nothing you said about him is correct alone disqualifies you from knowing anything about him. And I'm not running around here saying that this guy is a HoF QB in the making, or even that we should or will draft him, but you are just wrong on all counts of your assesment of him.

Back
Top Bottom