MERGED:Peter King on Dallas radio this morning... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Peter King on Dallas radio this morning...

You're forgetting that Culpepper has been extremely bitter with the Vikings oprganization. He isnt normally a whiner or a bad person, he was just very unhappy there. So maybe he wanted to rehab with his own doctors and take some time away from the place he despised to be at. Havent you ever hated a job and really wanted out?

Plus, our doctors checked him out and approved it. I dont think they wouldve done that if he was behind schedule.

GazPhin said:
he predicted in MMQB that Miami would sign brees and that would be a good move in his view.

King has been saying for the last three consecutive weeks that we would get Brees. So he may be wanting to save a bit of face.

That kid that started this thread must be a aint's fab. UFB!!!!!!!
If you read everything that is out there then we did do better than getting Chad Pennington oh I mean noodle brees.

Journalists love anecdotes. In print, anecdotes can give the false impression that a journalist actually had an important conversation with an "insider". The Walmart story is an anecdote. It means absolutely nothing.

Move on.

I knew we weren't gonna get Brees when Peter King kept on saying that Brees to the Dolphins was a sure thing!

Peter King is a dope. He went on and on about how certain he was that the Dolphins were gonna get Brees. Now that we passed on Brees, making him look silly, he's gotta save face. Its real simple.

FanMarino said:
Knee injuries regarding Ligaments are ten a penny over here with soccer injuries and Daunte will be back and he will be fine. 20 yrs ago maybe not but medical science has come on leaps and bounds. A shoulder injury is a different kettle of Fish. Ask the Jets how they feel about shoulder injuries?

What was his name? Oh yeah, now I remember. BINGO was his name O!!

I think Peter King is a ****** and you guys need to start having some faith in the dolphins orginization. I know we have been emotionally scarred by the wanny experience but I have complete faith that Saban knows exactly what he is doing. So many people just jump on this team and say they suck or are stupid the second they make a move. I mean look at last year people were ready to kill Ronnie after what 2 games? Give me a break. Brees has never been that great notice they didnt make the playoffs last year with him LT and the best TE in the game in Gates, and their o-line rocks. When they needed Brees to step up he failed (ie. the Dolphins game.) Culpepper will be just fine. He can throw the long ball like no other, its gonna be awesome. I mean seriously how many times last year did you guys watch Gus overthrow a wide open reciever? Thats finally going to change.:D

Gardenhead said:
I knew we weren't gonna get Brees when Peter King kept on saying that Brees to the Dolphins was a sure thing!

Peter King is a dope. He went on and on about how certain he was that the Dolphins were gonna get Brees. Now that we passed on Brees, making him look silly, he's gotta save face. Its real simple.

That's exactly what he's doing..

The reason why the Dolphins passed up on Brees was not because of money, but because the doctor's were very concerned of his shoulder. I don't have a link, but it was in one of the paper's this morning.

The doctor's did a complete evaluation on Culpepper, and liked what they saw. Saban wouldn't have kept the trade had they not been 100% comfortable.

And no, don't say he kept it because Brees was not available. After the tests came in on Brees, Saban couldn't care less about him.

So, the right moves have been made. The doctor's went to medical school for God knows how long, and I don't think we have the education to question them.

xmdc986x said:
The reason why the Dolphins passed up on Brees was not because of money, but because the doctor's were very concerned of his shoulder.

FLAT out WRONG. Brees was on the radio yesterday and he said negotiations got to an impasse and he turned to Tom and said, "Forget this, I wanna be a Saint" Not because he was talking to a New Orleans audience, but because it was TRUTH. Condon confirmed it. Your fixation on the "injury" is YOUR way of dealing with this rejection. If it's what you need, by all means keep believing it. But KNOW that it is not truth.

Man I really hate the Jets.....and the Patsies......and the Bills!:tantrum:

Maybe we did get rejected by Brees but only because apparently New Orleans got some kind of secret cash flow and can afford 10 mill this year. We be poor.

Also, Brees wanted Miami. He spent 3 days there! WE were his 2nd choice. You think that makes us feel good? But don't pretend for a second that 85% of this board didn't want Brees over Culpepper 24 hours ago. Don't even try.

Justasportsfan said:
why would we be jealous? It's not like you guys grabbed the Vikes' best qb, Brad Johnson. :tongue:

:shakeno: That's why the Buc's cut Johnson for Griese and now cut Griese for Simms. :shakeno:

Atleast try to pretend you know what's going on. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom