MERGED:Peter King on Dallas radio this morning... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Peter King on Dallas radio this morning...

whodatfever said:
FLAT out WRONG. Brees was on the radio yesterday and he said negotiations got to an impasse and he turned to Tom and said, "Forget this, I wanna be a Saint" Not because he was talking to a New Orleans audience, but because it was TRUTH. Condon confirmed it. Your fixation on the "injury" is YOUR way of dealing with this rejection. If it's what you need, by all means keep believing it. But KNOW that it is not truth.

Oh man, if you believe that, I got a bridge to sell you! Brees doesn't want to admit that the Dolphins decided to go with Culpepper and not give in to his crazy $ demands.

From what I've seena and heard Culpepper has been doing well on schedule. Plus, I would believe what Saban and his doctors say about Culpepper than some guys speculating, or on the outside talking about Culpepper. Even if Culpepper doesn't start until October, Atleast Miami has their franchise qbg once he's back and I think less worries than Brees. Even if Brees does come back, would you rather have a guy who now throws the football liek Pennington now, so his football career may on the downside. Brees had an average arm and he had apretty bad injury on his shoulder, I would be morfe worried about that then Culpepper's even though it's not good either. I believe Miami had a pretty good qb named Dan Marino who had a screwed up knee, but he continued on to lead the team and throw for 4,000 yards. Culpepper is obviously not Marino, but I think he will stil have mobility, maybe not like he used to, but even if he wasn't he has the arm and accuracy to be succesful as a pocket passer. We all know pocket qbs and have been very succesful. Daunte right now is probably more mobile or could scramble better than both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

whodatfever said:
FLAT out WRONG. Brees was on the radio yesterday and he said negotiations got to an impasse and he turned to Tom and said, "Forget this, I wanna be a Saint" Not because he was talking to a New Orleans audience, but because it was TRUTH. Condon confirmed it. Your fixation on the "injury" is YOUR way of dealing with this rejection. If it's what you need, by all means keep believing it. But KNOW that it is not truth.

Yeah right. What do you expect him to say? I'd wait on third party uninterested testimony to believe it, on either side.

Brees's injury much worse then Culpepper's.

I cannot find a single instance in the last twenty years where a quarterback who suffered either a labrum tear, or a rotator cuff tear returned to form. The track record of players suffering either one, or the other is bad, Brees suffered both. Neither Chad Pennington, or Tim Couch have been the same since suffering injuries to their throwing shoulders (and they were both patients of Brees's renowned surgeon James Andrews.) Jim McMahn suffered a similar injury in 1986 and did nothing thereafter. Don Majkowski had a Brees-like rotator cuff tear after his Pro Bowl season and was never the same again. Rich Gannon tore his labrum after his MVP season and he could not recover from it. Phil Simms had to retire after having an operation similar to the one Brees had. Jim Miller's career was ended by such an injury. Tony Boselli had his career ended by a Brees-like shoulder injury. If any commentator, including Peter King, says that Brees will be "just fine", he's talking out of his armpits. He won't be fine, there is simply no example of a player recovering their elite form after such injuries. The Dolphins dodged a bullet.

On the flip side, there are many examples of players recovering from the injury Daunte Culpepper suffered. Trent Green suffered an acl, mcl, and meniscus tear in his knee in 1999 and recovered rather nicely. Edgerrin James and Jamal Lewis had major reconstructive procedures on their knees and had all-pro seasons thereafter. Willis McGahee suffered a gruesome knee injury in the Fiesta Bowl and he's a Pro Bowl-caliber back today. Brees's injury and Culpepper's injury are not equivalent. Brees's injury is much worse and far more difficult to recover from.

I'm no doctor, but before I heard that Brees suffered rotator cuff damage that required surgery to repair, I thought he was less of a risk. There are plenty of QB's, which has been pointed out here on finheaven many times, who have returned from a torn Labrum (with no rotater cuff damage) and done fine. Rich Gannon comes to mind as his best years came after his torn Labrum. A torn Labrum is much more detrimental to a baseball pitcher than a QB due to the throwing motion. With that being said, the rotator cuff is a different story. Some QB's are never the same after injuring it. Everyone talks about how Brees worked out like a mad man to build up his arm strength (20% increase per Schottsy). How long do you think it will take for him to build it up to that point again? Culpepper will recover from his injury and will be almost the same player. He may be a little slower, but I don't remember him being that much of a running QB anyway. I think the bottom line is Culpepper will be ready by October at the latest and Brees may never be the same. Does anyone here think Brees will post a QB rating over 90 in NO next year??? I don't.

I think Brees had to choose between Winning, in Miami, or cashing in with NO and becuase of the uncertainty of his recovering from this injury, he chose to cash in.

Whodatfever is nuts.

Brees said one thing, and his agent confirmed it, therefore it must be true! I heard the same interview because I live in NOLA. Brees claims he told his agent, at noon, to call off the talks with Miami and take NOLA's offer. I don't believe Brees. Not that it even matters, really.

whodatfever said:
So he was in Miami Sunday night...all day monday..and part of Tues to wait around knowing that the more money was in New orleans...just so he can stop at one point and say"I want to be a saint???..If that was the deal...why try to get the Dolphins to match or not even match but come close to the Saints offer?.Now that doesn't make any sense.

FinaticalOne said:
ohhhhh, I just realized. This guy only has one post.... :lol: Must be another jealous Bills fan. :lol:
Plus he chooses the name "FinPepper" then goes on to badmouth him with one report.

Our doctors gave him a physical before the trade became official today. He passed. His repaired knee is tighter than the other one, which is a good sign for his long-term health. I'm sure Saban will be asked about this during his availability this afternoon and he'll tear Peter King a new one. And then the story will die.

Don't forget that the source of King's info about Culpepper's rehab had to be the Vikings organization.

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, they are doing some damage control via PR? All you have to do is start a whispering campaign, and at least 30% of people will believe it because they love to hate.

the bottom line is brees is not worth that kind of money with a shoulder injury that will reduce his career length it has too, it is his throwing arm, he is going to use it and use it and use it, it will wear down it has to, healthy shoulders wear down. Culpepper knee is not his arm since he is a QB that is a good thing, remember Marinos achilles tendon injury, the only reason he was able to play again was the fact that he was a QB, look at the other guys that tore their achilles tendons in the last couple years they are done

fishfan34 said:
:shakeno: :rolleyes: Um, I think i'm going to take the word of our team doctors over the word of Peter King. I love Peter King and usually value what he says, but, this is a medical decision and all Peter knows is what he's being told. Our Doctors did a full evaluation of Brees and in the end felt he was more of a risk. I'm sorry, but until Peter King goes and get's his Doctorite of Medicine and does his own evaluations of each player, then i'll listen to Dr. Kannell on this particular issue.

great post. Dr. Danny Kannell is my friend & neighbor!

you guys that beleive peter king should remember all the so called EXPERTS that were 100% sure we would get brees. DC will be fine

always take a healthy arm, a bad shoulder will eventually be a problem again in a person who uses it all the time, he will develop scar tissue which will limit motion and the joint will become arthritic alot faster now that he has had surgery, he has 3 to 4 years in him and it is over

Back
Top Bottom