MERGED: Poole May Return in October! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Poole May Return in October!

dont count on poole making it back

Predaphin said:
I belive this is all just specualtion and hope....And even if he does, he won;t be at 100%...I read a similar story on Boston last year and he never touched the field.

Boston is pretty clearly a slow healer, though. Has Poole been injured to let us know how quickly he heals?

We still need to get a proven starter at #2 CB, coming off an ACL is hard and expecting him to take the starting job that easily after being hurt is ridiculous. Atleast Law has had some time to heal.

enigmatics said:
How's that even possible with an ACL tear?

I recall reading here before this ever happened that the surgery takes 5 months to recover from.

I think what makes the injury worse most of the time is that there are other injuries that go along with it (like other ligament tears, for instance). That doesn't appear to be the case here.

With solid rehab beginning now, it's quite likely he'd be able to play by week 10, but due to safety, sensibility, ethics, I doubt we'd see him back before week 12-13.

acl tears take a decent amount of time trust me....he wont be back

imgdyn0ss-1.jpg

clear.gif

I'm surprised they managed to fit all those swelled egos into one frame.:eek:

would you want to hold open a roster spot for him though missing all that time still? How exactly would they work that Nublar?

fishfan34 said:
would you want to hold open a roster spot for him though missing all that time still? How exactly would they work that Nublar?
They would put him on the physically unable to perform list. That means that he is on the team, but not part of the 53 man roster. He will then have to be activated to the 53 man roster(meaning someone would have to be cut) no earlier then week 6, but no later then week 9. If he is not activated, he will then be put on the IR which would end his season. It doesn't hurt putting him on the PUP now then going ahead and putting him on IR.

It would be great if Will Poole came back to October, but frankly I think it's too good to be true. ACL are almost always very serious... I think somewhere along Week 12 or later would be a tad bit more realistic.

Jimmy James said:
I would take October as when he could resume football activities. Give him another month to get in football shape, and that still means he could potentially contribute down the stretch.

It would still be best to bring in somebody for depth.
Yeah don't push it the last thing we would need is him reinjuring his knee.

phinsforever said:

imgdyn0ss-1.jpg

clear.gif

I'm surprised they managed to fit all those swelled egos into one frame.:eek:
Im confused are you a dolphins fan or a patriots fan?

EDIT: Okay I get it now.... I just didn't see any quotes around it :lol: You really f*cked me up with that one.

Back
Top Bottom