MERGED: Poole May Return in October! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Poole May Return in October!

Well it depends on how the phins are doing. If playoffs are a possibility at the time then ease him back in. If they aren't then let him sit and work at it again next year.

VanDolPhan said:
Well it depends on how the phins are doing. If playoffs are a possibility at the time then ease him back in. If they aren't then let him sit and work at it again next year.

I think it has more to do with the unit than the team's overall success. If there is plenty of depth there, put him on IR and tell him to keep working away from the team. If they could use a body, let him come back when he's ready.

Yeah... thats good.

I'd not want to rush him back though... Poole being healthy is not imperative to our success this year. He is still one for the future.

I'd like to get Ty Law with a three year deal, with a cheap first year.

Predaphin said:
I belive this is all just specualtion and hope....And even if he does, he won;t be at 100%...I read a similar story on Boston last year and he never touched the field.

Thank you. You beat me to the same point. And David Boston is hardly the only example. Initial speculation regarding a knee injury timetable is inevitably spun overly positive. Will Poole should sit out the entire year. He likely won't return to his old form until 2007, if ever. Are we really desperate to rush an injury rehab to a young promising player when our season wins over/under is 5?

if its a clean tear, its very possible... but i doubt it will happen, theres always some complications or something that will sidetrack him past the week 9 date for coming off the PUP list...

Predaphin said:
I belive this is all just specualtion and hope....And even if he does, he won;t be at 100%...I read a similar story on Boston last year and he never touched the field.
I agree and was thinking the same thing. I feel Poole coming back is just wishful thinking... Knee/ACL injuries are almost always serious and I really don't think he'll be coming back as early as October... if he does that would be GREAT, but I'm not going to get my hopes, my guess is somewhere around Week 12 at the earlier perhaps. Unfortuately I made the mistake of thinking Boston would return last year (before we put him on IR). Not that it would have made the biggest difference because the reason was basically over, but I'm not going to get my hopes up again.

He won't be able to help much even if he does come back. Injury aside, were realisticly talking about a second year player who has started only one game. Missing all the time away from playing the game will set him back as far as the injury itself.

Might as well let him heal fully and rehab completely before he comes back.

poole may not be done for the year

kffl is reporting that if poole's surgery in a week or two is a success, he will be in the lineup for the dolphins come october...hopefully this is true and we do get him back early...

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Saban and Rosenhaus are keeping this close to the vest. While it would be nice to have hime back in october I don't want him to rush back. By time october hits he would have missed TC and the Preseason and all the other teams would be just hitting there regular season stride as far as timing goes. If he's healthy by oct we need to ease him back in...

The injury is pretty serious.:down: He may make it back for a few games, but I doubt he will be very effective. Time to considerother options.

phinsforever said:
The injury is pretty serious.:down: He may make it back for a few games, but I doubt he will be very effective. Time to considerother options.

Yep. Torn ACLs usually mean out for the season. But since this happened in May and not August he could be able to play in October. But his level of play will most likely down.

When a player tears an ACL, he doesnt usually recover until after the season is over- giving him the whole offseason to further rehabilitate.

Im sure that they will sign somebody come June 1st.

phinsforever said:

You are absolutely correct.

F... man...I really felt that Poole would be our shut down corner of the future...this really sucks...but like you said...we need to move on...at least it didn't happen in August or during the season...hey at least he didn't announce his retirement 1 week before training camp.

Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom