MERGED: Poole May Return in October! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Poole May Return in October!

Just to echo what I'm sure 10 people have already said in this thread and throw in my 2 cents:

Poole blew out his knee and there's no way he comes back this year. Why risk it?

Not likely to happen. Drew Rosenhaus usually loves to exaggerate like when he said McGahee was 100% and ready to start during his media workout. His "no comment" on this one could mean Poole may not be back this year.

Everett suffered the same injury but was reported as a clean tear which is suppose to heal faster . Reports are , he's gone for the season. Was Pooles injury a clean tear?

It really doesn't matter if it's a "clean" tear, unless by "clean" it is meant that there were no other ligaments or cartilage damaged during the tear. If there is other damage, then, yes, there's the healing process with that damage as well. When the ACL is repaired, the old ACL is removed completely and a portion of a patella tendon (typically from a cadaver) is used to replace it. So, it really doesn't matter if the ACL is torn clean or ripped to shreds.

I think that he can be ready by October if (1) the surgery goes well; (2) he stays on his rehab (probably not a problem in this case); and (3) he heals quickly. However, I don't know if I would push it because I doubt that even though he may be sufficiently healed by then, can he be effective?

Back
Top Bottom