Merged: Post Game Press Conference | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Post Game Press Conference

vinivedivichi said:
That's BS. I'm as upset about Gus's ineffectiveness as anybody else, but if Saban doesn't bench him that doesn't mean he's "Coaching scared." You don't know what Saban thinks. You are assuming that he knows that Sage is better, but is scared to play him?? I don't know any more thatn you do, but I am pretty sure that's not the case. As bad as Gus is playing, he's not killing us like our QB's did last year. I think that Saban is hesitant to put in Sage because he knows that those incompletions could easily turn into INT's with a more inexperienced QB.

I'm not defending Gus. If Saban benches him that's great, if not then we'll have to live with him. I just have a problem with you acting like you know exactly what's going on when you don't. Don't jump all over Saban for something he's not even guilty of.

Exactly!

vinivedivichi said:
Players have a responsibility to perform well on gameday or else they are in jeopardy of losing their spot. That is indisputable. Also, the backups have to show that they are worthy of the spot. If you are watching the backup in practice screw up continuously, why make a switch? Don't say because it couldn't get worse, because if you believe that then you didn't watch the fins last year at all.

--snip --

Honestly, your last three paragraphs show me that you don't know a lot about NFL football. The difference between poor teams and great teams in the NFL is the ability of the coaching staff to "Coach up" the players. It's getting the players to play within the system and function as a unit rather than reckless as an individual. Players that play reckless don't make NFL rosters. They may be effective in H/S, but they are useless in the NFL.

Ok. I know it is 6 days later, but I've been slammed at the office....

Bill Parcells has a saying. "You are what you are." He has another one. "JAG" which means just another guy.

"Coaching up" is a home run. My experience is that "coached up" players are guys who have always been good in spite of their coaches. They get a good coach and they excel.

Good coaching is about teaching good schemes not teaching players to do things they have always been incapable of accomplishing physicially, psychologically, or mentally. You need to be able to teach and get guys to drink the kool-aid about your schemes.

Your screen-name is the name of a good restaurant I used to go to on 14th street in Atlanta. Any connection?

Back
Top Bottom