Merged: Pro bowl skills challenge on nfl network | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Pro bowl skills challenge on nfl network

Noland said:
Larry Johnson dressed up as a grandma on Family Matters as the Grandma that helped Erkel win a Street Basketball game. He could have been on more episodes I dont remember.

Wow, it's scary that you know that . Erkel fan ?:D

Ohio Fanatic said:
Wow, it's scary that you know that . Erkel fan ?:D

:sidelol: I use to like the show pretty good I thought it was a funny show. It is kind of scary.:lol: Grandma ma could dunk it was funny seeing her(him) with a gold tooth.

And Urkle, despite the ggek he portrayed in the series, was a damn good BB player himself!

"Larry Johnson dressed up as a grandma on Family Matters as the Grandma that helped Erkel win a Street Basketball game. He could have been on more episodes I dont remember."

lol I remember that episode!! I knew it had to be an athlete playing her but never found out who it was.

callaway1234 said:
"Larry Johnson dressed up as a grandma on Family Matters as the Grandma that helped Erkel win a Street Basketball game. He could have been on more episodes I dont remember."

lol I remember that episode!! I knew it had to be an athlete playing her but never found out who it was.

Calling Larry Johnson Grandma ma on tv to someone that has not seen or heard of it i imagine they are like what in the heck are they talking about.

ccalltheway said:
The gra ma ma thing is from Larry Johnson from the New York Knicks. I forgot the story behind it but it has somethin to do with that.

Yea, Eddie was supposed to be teammates with Steve to win a 2-on-2 tournament, but he got someone he thought was better, so Steve hooked with Grandmama (Larry Johnson, but not the the NFL's Larry, who was friends with Carl's mother Estelle) and wound up winning the tournament on a Steve Urkle shot (possible dunk) when the two (Eddie and Steve) went 1-on-1 after Grandmama got hurt.

I watch too much TeeVee.

Larry Johnson also did some commercials as Grandma-ma.....when Larry Johnson played at UNLV for Tark the Shark in the early 1990's, they probably had the most dominating college basketball team ever...better than any of UCLA's great teams, Indiana's perfect season team, Houston's Phi Slamma Jamma....UNLV was just flat out great back then.

larry johnson is my alltime favorite basketball player, love the guy...and i love it and think its cool as hell he refers to LJ as grandma ma. i agree, for someone who doesnt know this, they are prob confused, but for the people that DO get it, its cool.

<3 LJ

skills competition replay on nfl network

Chambers is in the recievers competition after the kickers finish up. If anyone missed it yesterday it's on right now.

That kind of sucks, why did they stop doing the drill where the footballs fly at at the WRs from different angles, spots. I was hoping that there would be one more competition to decide the winner, oh well.

Back
Top Bottom