Merged:Quinn holdout could keep him out all season, then lead to trade in 2008 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Quinn holdout could keep him out all season, then lead to trade in 2008

They traded a first rounder to get into the first round and pick him. You can't assume that the first rounder would be any higher or lower than this one was.

Then I forget what the other picks were, but factor them in and I think he should get somewhere between 17th and 23rd overall money for a QB.

It's the Browns, it's a pretty safe assumption that the pick would have been higher than 22. And the other pick was a second rounder.

It's the Browns, it's a pretty safe assumption that the pick would have been higher than 22. And the other pick was a second rounder.

You can't assume that though, it's unfair to the Browns to do so. Especially in the NFL where a few minor moves can take you from the bottom half of the league to the top half of the league.

You can't assume that though, it's unfair to the Browns to do so. Especially in the NFL where a few minor moves can take you from the bottom half of the league to the top half of the league.

Whether it's unfair to the Browns for me to assume it or not isnt an issue, it's just being realistic. They're a crap team and they have been for a while, they didnt expect to suddenly be in the playoffs lets be honest. The history of that franchise supports the idea that that pick was going to be closer to the top 10 then the mid 20s. Throw in the 2nd rounder they gave up also and his agent has to be using this to try and squeeze more money out of them then the 22nd pick would usually get.

Quinn might just have to accept humble pie and hope he can get it done on the field so he can get a nice 2nd contract sometime down the road. If I were the Browns I would only pay him the big $$$ by building a ton of incentives and bonuses into his contract based on performance.

I don't if it has to do with him as much as it does his agent who is known for having his clients holdout and always try to get them more money then what they deserve.

They traded a first rounder to get into the first round and pick him. You can't assume that the first rounder would be any higher or lower than this one was.

Then I forget what the other picks were, but factor them in and I think he should get somewhere between 17th and 23rd overall money for a QB.

Yes you can assume that the first rounder will be higher, it's the Cleavland Browns! When have they not picked in the top 10 since they came back into the leauge? They had one good year when they made the playoffs and since than have had a top 10 pick every year.

You can bet Mr. Agent is getting a fat % of what Quinn signs for.

It's so lame that Quinn is starting his career with the image of a prima donna. That's how you gain the respect of your teammates.

Did you feel that way when Ronnie Brown held out? And the agents job is to get his client the most money, getting into camp on time is secondary.
Yes i did i was mega pissed. Its just plain stupid to hold out. especially when you claim to not be about the money and want to compete for the starting job... Ronnies situation wasn't as bad, as he was just a runningback, and we had sammy morris and ricky williams..Look what happened to Jason allen, he held out and never caught back up and he is still sucking.

If he's really the next Tom Brady like he thinks he is he's going to get a new contract when they sign him long term anyway. A contract that far exceeds what he would get for 22nd pick.
SOmeone tell him tom brady made 298,000 when he won his first SB and less than million on his 2n SB win,

Yes you can assume that the first rounder will be higher, it's the Cleavland Browns! When have they not picked in the top 10 since they came back into the leauge? They had one good year when they made the playoffs and since than have had a top 10 pick every year.

No you can't.

Do I think it will be higher than 23rd? Yeah I do, but that doesn't mean I'm going to say it is a stone fact and ask to get paid like it was.

Back
Top Bottom