Merged:Quinn holdout could keep him out all season, then lead to trade in 2008 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Quinn holdout could keep him out all season, then lead to trade in 2008

I read on a Browns msg board that the autograph signing money went to charity. Not sure if it's true.

I don't really buy that. He could've made a lot for charity by making the autographs cost a lot less. Simple autographs aren't worth $75, even if it's for charity.

He's not going to miss the season. He will hold out for like a week or two and then sign a deal that's somewhere in the middle between what he's looking for and what the Browns want to pay him. Personally i think he should take the 22nd pick money and if he's as good as he thinks he is he will get paid more just through playing well.

He's not going to miss the season. He will hold out for like a week or two and then sign a deal that's somewhere in the middle between what he's looking for and what the Browns want to pay him. Personally i think he should take the 22nd pick money and if he's as good as he thinks he is he will get paid more just through playing well.

I agree. I really don't think there should be a problem. It should be a base contract of 22nd pick value, but loaded with incentives. He's been brought in as the potential franchise QB, so the Browns shouldn't be afraid of loading his contract with performance based incentives.

I don't really buy that. He could've made a lot for charity by making the autographs cost a lot less. Simple autographs aren't worth $75, even if it's for charity.

You can buy autographs for less but a charity would charge more because the idea is you're willing to pay more because it's going to charity. Why do you think people overpay at a charity auction? I've read on several boards that the money was being donated to charity and that the promoters did a bad job in not making it known that people couldnt bring their own stuff to get signed. Like I said before I have no idea if the charity thing is real, though the bad promotion certainly is.

I agree. I really don't think there should be a problem. It should be a base contract of 22nd pick value, but loaded with incentives. He's been brought in as the potential franchise QB, so the Browns shouldn't be afraid of loading his contract with performance based incentives.

If he's really the next Tom Brady like he thinks he is he's going to get a new contract when they sign him long term anyway. A contract that far exceeds what he would get for 22nd pick.

I will bet EVERY dollar I have ever made in my life and EVERY dollar I will make that somewhere along the way..Quinn signs with the Browns...holdout for a little maybe..but of course the deal WILL be done.

Yeah, Cleveland will cave and the pretty boy will get his money. :)

He's getting 22 overall pick money whether he likes it or not. He will be the last 1st round rookie signed, and once he is completely bracketed, he will cave.

I just wonder how often these hold outs work. I mean how much extra money do they wind up getting by holding out ?

For the purpose of clarity, he was autographing sports items; footballs, jerseys, etc. If I recall correctly, prices ranged from 75.00 to 225.00.

brady is screweed joe thomas is alrey signed so hes gonna get what the browns choose to give him and now hes gonna lose out on training camp.... better for the dolphins backing up their decision to take beck

brady is screweed joe thomas is alrey signed so hes gonna get what the browns choose to give him and now hes gonna lose out on training camp.... better for the dolphins backing up their decision to take beck

No, Quinn isn't screwed. The Browns are the ones getting screwed.

Back
Top Bottom