MERGED: Quintin Williams, Two Others Released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Quintin Williams, Two Others Released

wazzy said:
Nice Job Saban but its not like this guy was doing anything really he might not even of made the roster regardless
Yeah, good thing it wasn't JT.

Although it probably would have made for an interesting rationalization on why he wasn't cut immediately.

CrunchTime said:
Saban may have taken this chance to show other players that he is decisive.
The guy was on the bubble anyway so lets call him a sacrificial lamb.

Good Call ... but since he was on the bubble instead of guaranteed dead weight does help sink the point in.

larfo2224 said:
Hopefully this sends a clear message to the players on this team that Saban will not tolerate the nonsense.
Hell yeah, any third string player better check himself.

I said yesterday that Saban had to get this guy the hell out of here. This isn't token to the Bellichick-style. You can bring in illdisciplined players, that's fine because it's about what they will do, not what they've done, but this kid 'done messed up'.

And c'mon, it's not like he's gold in the bank. Dude had 4 special teams tackles. Whoa.

Sorry fellas - all Nick did was get rid of a guy who was most likely not going to make this team. Funny, I didn't see any disciplinary actions mentioned against the projected strating safety - Tillman - who is supposed to be rehabbing from surgery, yet was drunk off his a$$ in the car along with Williams.

The only message that Saban sent, was if you are not a projected starter or someone we have a lot vested in, do not screw-up or you're gone.

Bill C said:
Sorry fellas - all Nick did was get rid of a guy who was most likely not going to make this team. Funny, I didn't see any disciplinary actions mentioned against the projected strating safety - Tillman - who is supposed to be rehabbing from surgery, yet was drunk off his a$$ in the car along with Williams.

The only message that Saban sent, was if you are not a projected starter or someone we have a lot vested in, do not screw-up or you're gone.

Tillman is injured, if Saban released him it would cost the team money.

zachrules said:
Tillman is injured, if Saban released him it would cost the team money.

Right and we don't know the details of his contract. Tillman for example might have just lost $25k of his signing bonus or something. Saban might allow screwups on the team but not if they burned him.

Wasn't Tillman named a team leader? I don't see what he did wrong though. He was drunk, he's allowed to get drunk. He wasn't the one driving. Why should there be any punishment for Tillman?

Bill C said:

Last I have heard it is not against the law to be drunk in a car with a friend

Samphin said:
Good to see him gone and gone quickly. However, had this been say, Zach Thomas, do you think Saban lets him go? Or Ronnie Brown?

If it had been Zach I doubt Saban would have immediately released him. But I do thing that you would see a sudden influx of MLBs through free agency, trades, and the draft.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Last I have heard it is not against the law to be drunk in a car with a friend

No one ever said Tillman did anything illegal. You guys were not praising Saban for dealing with a criminal. Your points were all based around praising Saban for decisively getting rid of non-disciplined players, and not putting up with non-sense.

I am merely pointing out the inconsistency here. Tillman's actions, while not illegal, defintely fall into the categories and descriptions for which you say Saban should be getting rid of him. But Saban won't because Tillman is a projected starter.

Back
Top Bottom