MERGED: Quintin Williams, Two Others Released | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Quintin Williams, Two Others Released

Bill C said:
No one ever said Tillman did anything illegal. You guys were not praising Saban for dealing with a criminal. Your points were all based around praising Saban for decisively getting rid of non-disciplined players, and not putting up with non-sense.

I am merely pointing out the inconsistency here. Tillman's actions, while not illegal, defintely fall into the categories and descriptions for which you say Saban should be getting rid of him. But Saban won't because Tillman is a projected starter.

what did Tillman do?

Bill C said:
No one ever said Tillman did anything illegal. You guys were not praising Saban for dealing with a criminal. Your points were all based around praising Saban for decisively getting rid of non-disciplined players, and not putting up with non-sense.

I am merely pointing out the inconsistency here. Tillman's actions, while not illegal, defintely fall into the categories and descriptions for which you say Saban should be getting rid of him. But Saban won't because Tillman is a projected starter.

Of course he won't cut Tillman. He's made it very clear. It's about VALUE to the organization. Quentin Williams value to the organization didn't outweigh his poor decision and subsequent emabarassment to the organization. Ricky's value outweighs his decision to quit last year and Tillman's value also outweighed any fall out from his drunk passenger escapade. It's really quite simple.

Williams was driving teammate Travares Tillman's 2006 Mercedes Benz, Ferrell said. Tillman, who had been in the passenger seat, was allowed to leave the scene after his car was towed.

Tillman was lucky he wasn't driving at the time they were caught.

Poor Quintin though....087 in a .08 state? Ouch!! I'm sure most of you dissing him are teetotallers....not!!! I want to know more about the "cheerleader" in the other car-anybody got her number? As for Tillman, the guy has had some bad luck in '05 but other than getting in a car with Williams, doesn't seem like he did anything wrong-didn't hear about any klnee reinjuries etc associated with this incident-besides, it's all BS til Sept...................

poppy said:
Of course he won't cut Tillman. He's made it very clear. It's about VALUE to the organization. Quentin Williams value to the organization didn't outweigh his poor decision and subsequent emabarassment to the organization. Ricky's value outweighs his decision to quit last year and Tillman's value also outweighed any fall out from his drunk passenger escapade. It's really quite simple.

My point exactly. Saban is only going to be disciplinarian when it suits him - and will not be setting any form of standard.

poppy said:

So in actuality Saban hasn't done anything except get rid of a player who was probably gonna be cut in camp anyway...If you really want to see Saban's discipline, what are the consequences to Tillman...He was in the car, his car, and he let someone drive it at those speeds, then he got in a car with someone else who drove at those speeds, how sound is his thinking. Let him go now, and he'll embrasses the organization again.

MDFINFAN said:
And Tillman, who didn't stop him, what about him.

He wasn't behind the wheel. Although I'm not excusing him, He was not completely at fault. (and that's not just because he's battling to be a starter.)

I hope we sign Lance Schulters. He'll blow all our safeties out of the water.

He'd definitely start besides Tebucky.

DolphinDevil28 said:
He wasn't behind the wheel. Although I'm not excusing him, He was not completely at fault. (and that's not just because he's battling to be a starter.)

I hope we sign Lance Schulters. He'll blow all our safeties out of the water.

He'd definitely start besides Tebucky.

Would you let someone drive your car that fast? He's just as much to blame to me, and Saban's being soft. Cut the easy one, let the potential starter slide..there should be some discipline action on Tillman too.

MDFINFAN said:
Would you let someone drive your car that fast? He's just as much to blame to me, and Saban's being soft. Cut the easy one, let the potential starter slide..there should be some discipline action on Tillman too.

:lol: I drive a '99 Toyota Tacoma.

I don't care who drives it how fast. I plan on getting a new one soon.

...As far as the players, like I said, I don't care who was the starter and who wasn't.

Cut the guilty one. And that was Williams. Tillman didn't do anything wrong. (at least by the law's standards.)

tillman was in the passenger seat and was drunk...what do u want a drunk man to do?

Tillman was also lucky there was no accident. Lend your car to an irresponsible friend and learn who is responsible for the damage he causes. I know insurance is mandatory but the owner of the car is responsible for the amounts above the coverage.

If you stop to think it is the owner of the vehicle who provides it to cause any damage and being drunk does not absolve the owner of responsibility.

Bill C said:

:confused: Tillman didn't do anything wrong. He was being driven home drunk from a nightclub. Who hasn't done that? Are you seriously suggesting that Tillman should be excused from the team because he went drinking at a nightclub and DIDN'T drive himself home? You've been demoted to third-string.

LAphinfan said:
:confused: Tillman didn't do anything wrong. He was being driven home drunk from a nightclub. Who hasn't done that? Are you seriously suggesting that Tillman should be excused from the team because he went drinking at a nightclub and DIDN'T drive himself home?

No, he should have exercised control over quentin williams and kept him from drag racing.

Back
Top Bottom