MERGED: Quintin Williams, Two Others Released | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Quintin Williams, Two Others Released

Agua said:
No, he should have exercised control over quentin williams and kept him from drag racing.

That's the question..if you're gonna get drunk get a cab, they can afford that. I still think Tillman should get some punishment by the team..I'm not advocating his dismissal, because he did have enough sense not to drive. But getting drunk in public and putting yourself at risk and facilitating the release of a fellow player, not sound.

i think its been posted a few times though, sorry. But who cares, hes a backup, a ST. I agree he won't take any crap, but it'd mean more if it were a bigger name guy.

Since the guy was on the bubble anyway it is a cheap price to pay to show other players that there are limits to their behaviour and that Saban is decisive.

CrunchTime said:
Since the guy was on the bubble anyway it is a cheap price to pay to show other players that there are limits to their behaviour and that Saban is decisive.

Your right however the sole purpose he was released at this timew as because of what happened off the field and fortunately most of our key guys know by now how to act and hopefully saban wont have to make an example out of them.

The guy wasn't going to make the team anyway. Give Saban a little credit. He's not going to put himself in the position of having to answer the question of 'What if Ronnie Brown had done that?'.

LAphinfan said:
:confused: Tillman didn't do anything wrong. He was being driven home drunk from a nightclub. Who hasn't done that? Are you seriously suggesting that Tillman should be excused from the team because he went drinking at a nightclub and DIDN'T drive himself home? You've been demoted to third-string.

Can you read? Based on your completely off-the-point response to my comment, I'm going to assume the answer is, "a little - but not much above Dr. Seuss (I'm giving you some credit here because Seuss would occassionally use non-monosyllabic words in his books).

To summize my point to which you inaccurately responded: I was not pointing out that Tillman should be punished. Rather, I was pointing out the inconsistencies in the statements about how Saban is laying down the law and not going to tolerate behavior that is deemed detrimental to the team.

If this were truly the case, then Saban would have done something to Tillman for being far drunker than Williams, still getting in the car, and being a participant in the drag race. Particularly when Tillman is supposed to be rehabbing from surgery.

If there were an accident and someone had been killed, both players would have been charged with vehicular homicide or manslaughter because the law holds both accountable for being stupid and reckless.

Fortunately that isn't the case here and Tillman did not violate a law. But Saban, should do something to a player who is this careless.

Now that I'm back on the team, best of luck to you in Arena Football.

Back
Top Bottom