Merged: Reggie Bush | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Bush

jlfin said:
One game against top competition. He's facing a fast defense tonight. Sort like what he's going to face week in and week out in the NFL. Running lanes aren't 3-5 yds wide in the NFL. Also this is a big game. Great players play great in big games. It's only halftime, but I see a lot of frustration in Leinart. He doesn't look so cool and poised against a top notch secondary does he?

jlfin=smart!!!

jlfin said:
One game against top competition. He's facing a fast defense tonight. Sort like what he's going to face week in and week out in the NFL. Running lanes aren't 3-5 yds wide in the NFL. Also this is a big game. Great players play great in big games. It's only halftime, but I see a lot of frustration in Leinart. He doesn't look so cool and poised against a top notch secondary does he?

Your out of your mind....
How many big games has reggie bush played in??

Was USC MVP for the season 2 times in a row. in 2005 avg 8.5 yd per carry
Average length of his 16 TDs in 2005 was 31.9 yds.
In USC's 5 games against AP ranked opponents in 2005, he is averaging 198.8 rushing yards (10.0 per carry), with 10 rushing TDs, and 302.2 all-purpose yards

Bush is by far one of the most dominating players in college....
His 3,087 career rushing yards is seventh on USC's career chart.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
unbelievable, he plays one team with a good d and drops. not breaking for extra yards, running out of bounds he is AVERAGE!!!!....i haven't caught a USC game this season i admit, but he is nothing what espn highlights or hype led me to believe! lendall white looks better

thats sorry.. you should watch some more games and stop calling out Bush based on one game.

He has been the teams MVP in 2 years in a row...

Eric-Honduras said:

In USC's 5 games against AP ranked opponents in 2005, he is averaging 198.8 rushing yards (10.0 per carry), with 10 rushing TDs, and 302.2 all-purpose yards

against who the pac 10, have him play in the big 10 or sec then talk about competetion. what defense that was great did he go against? notre dame, didn't they give up 617 yds to OSU?

Eric-Honduras said:

I agree he's a very good college player, but I'm not ready to predict the NFL HOF for him just yet. I've heard media types proclaim him the next Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders. I think that's a bit premature.
He's fast ,but he's also a shade over 200 lbs. He reminds me of Eric Metcalf and he was a role player in the NFL.

jlfin said:
I agree he's a very good college player, but I'm not ready to predict the NFL HOF for him just yet. I've heard media types proclaim him the next Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders. I think that's a bit premature.
He's fast ,but he's also a shade over 200 lbs. He reminds me of Eric Metcalf and he was a role player in the NFL.

he is the best college player coming out...and should be a force in the NFL.

Role player?? hahaha.... what a joke

Eric-Honduras said:
he is the best college player coming out...and should be a force in the NFL.

Role player?? hahaha.... what a joke

Archie Griffin. 2 time Heisman trophy winner. Where is his HOF bust?
Being the best player coming out doesn't predict NFL success either.
hahaha....study NFL history or you are likely to be the joke.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
against who the pac 10, have him play in the big 10 or sec then talk about competetion. what defense that was great did he go against? notre dame, didn't they give up 617 yds to OSU?

guess you didnt see his stats against ranked teams....how many games has USC won...who did they beat in the past 2 national championships....??

what was ND ranked?....

jlfin said:
Archie Griffin. 2 time Heisman trophy winner. Where is his HOF bust?
Being the best player coming out doesn't predict NFL success either.
hahaha....study NFL history or you are likely to be the joke.

did i ever say he was HOF...???

i said he was the best player coming out of college... period.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
Lendall White>Reggie Bush

Bush ain't even the best back at USC

Probably could make that case... Lendall is very solid... Bush gets the hype... but whoever picks up White will have a nice pickup..

Lendall did get the majority of the carries over the past 2 seasons...(except this season)

Eric-Honduras said:
did i ever say he was HOF...???

i said he was the best player coming out of college... period.

No, but your post mocked my contention that Bush had the possibility of being a role player, not an every down back. You gave no supporting evidence to the contrary.
I have no idea how well his skills will translate to the NFL. He may well be a great back. I'm just not convinced. Rocket Ismael and ____ Howard (Michigan WR) looked pretty darn good in college too and they were both role players in the NFL (average WR's, good KO and punt returners).
That's my only point. Nothing to get all worked up about.

jlfin said:
No, but your post mocked my contention that Bush had the possibility of being a role player, not an every down back. You gave no supporting evidence to the contrary.
I have no idea how well his skills will translate to the NFL. He may well be a great back. I'm just not convinced. Rocket Ismael and ____ Howard (Michigan WR) looked pretty darn good in college too and they were both role players in the NFL (average WR's, good KO and punt returners).
That's my only point. Nothing to get all worked up about.

So i can put names of RBs that won the Heisman and became great NFL players... what does that prove? If you not convinced he will be a great NFL running back... well i guess you differ from most experts and scouts that predict Bush as the #1 college player.

My point was that Bush is an incredible college football player..and will be the first RB selected, if not the first player. Whoever drafts him that high will expect him to become the #1 RB. Given what he has done over the past seasons, ill give him the benefit of the doubt that he play in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom