Merged: Rick Spielman to the Vikings . . . | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Rick Spielman to the Vikings . . .

It's just good to know that by hiring Speilman, Minn will be able to continue a fine tradition of huge bonehead trades, such as the Heshal Walker debacle, trading away the most explosive offensive weapon of this generation in Randy Moss for Troy Williamson and a backup LB, and giving away a Probowl franchise QB for center Ryan Cook. I look forward to seeing the Dolphins and the rest of the NFL fleeceing the Vikes early and often.

The Vikings found out Soielman has a special formula for finding quarterbacks and they want to use it to find their QB of the future.

As people have said Spielman has a reputation as a good talent evaluator, and I hope that he has a better situation with Minnesota than what he had with the Wannstadt/Johnson era with Miami.

However, the real area where this can backfire for Minnesota is that Spielman has a reputation as someone who will overpay in his trades, so other teams will only put unfair trades on the table to Minnesota. Just compare the trade deals offered to the phins last year compared to this year. Last year the only trades we were offered were bad ones for us, this year with Spielman gone we've done quite alright thank you very much out of trades.

jim1 said:
Again, good points- and yes, RS was caught up in the stink of DW, and maybe that wasn't fair. But nonetheless, in my opinion, RS blew and DW was even worse as a head coach- their track records are horrific. Spielman comes accross as such a jerk that I can't, in all honesty, say that I wish him well in Minnesota. And shame on Huizenga for not only hiring them, but for embarrassing himself, the players, and the fans by employing that disgrace of a duo for 5 of the darkest years in franchise gistory.

I could not have said it any better!!

BRAVO!

:sidelol::sidelol: he is a bum anyway. i'm glad he is not with us anymore. let him go mess up the viking orginization!!!!!!!!:boohoo:poor vikings!!!!!!!!

Rick's a good defensive scout but he's no GM.

I have an idea, let's trade Brock Berlin, Jack Hunt, and Wade Smith for Bryant McKinnie, Darren Sharper, and Chad Greenway. Of course Rick would also try to throw in a 2nd rounder for the heck of it.

WELCOME TO TEAM TITANIC

clear.gif

OneHondo said:
The Vikings found out Soielman has a special formula for finding quarterbacks and they want to use it to find their QB of the future.

They should burn that formula, makes new coke seem like a great formula.

chuckcole said:
I wonder if the Vikings would like to trade a 2nd round pick for Eddie Moore?

You beat me to it! I was also wondering if we can trade Marcus Vick for a 1st 3rd and 7th next year since he can play three postions. Saban should be able to market Vick well enough to Saban by telling him that they are trading Vick to Seattle that Speilman will jump the deal before any other suitors can take advantage of the deal. If Speilman throws in another either 4th or 5th we'll give him Moore as a package deal.
And we'll take Steve Hutchinson if they pay half of that stupid money they promised him.

:cooldude::D:evil:

OneHondo said:

Spielman's idea of a perfect Quaterback = Dumbo Ears + Glass *** + Lifetime Backup + some form of "Jay" in the name + Last name starting with F. If the guy has all these attributes and can throw a cow chip ten yards then Spielman will think he's the next Dan Marino. :tongue:

We ought to have Brock Berlin change his name to Jay Ferlin and we could get a second round pick for him from Spielman. :D

Jal said:
Spielman's idea of a perfect Quaterback = Dumbo Ears + Glass *** + Lifetime Backup + some form of "Jay" in the name + Last name starting with F. If the guy has all these attributes and can throw a cow chip ten yards then Spielman will think he's the next Dan Marino. :tongue:

We ought to have Brock Berlin change his name to Jay Ferlin and we could get a second round pick for him from Spielman. :D

Saban gets lucky in his 2nd year and have 2 great QB's to choose from and Speilman's bad when he didn't have those type of choices, please get real here..if speilman was here, Brees or Culpepper would still be on this team after this FA period..YOU guys need to open your eyes and minds..a lot of this same team that you rave about was brought here by Speilman and their the heart and soul of this team..without a lot of his moves, even when fighting Wanny, he still got some good talent here, but they were choosen for a different O and D..but still translate to Nick's way of doing things. Nick would love to get rid of Jason and Zach too, then he'll be free of all the big name of pass regimes so he could say he won with everything him..his ego is that big..JJ #2

Vikings | Spielman to run the personnel side
Tue, 30 May 2006 19:58:04 -0700
Don Seeholzer, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/26">Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman said he would be in charge of the team's personnel decisions. "Without getting into the front-office standpoint as far as how everything is going to work, I will be running the personnel side," he said. "Coach will be running the coach's side, (director of college scouting) Scott Studwell will be running the college draft, and then we will work together to come up with what's the best for this organization." That could signal an end to the Vikings' so-called Triangle of Authority, in which former vice president of personnel Fran Foley, head coach Brad Childress and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski were supposed to operate on a separate-but-equal footing, with Foley having the final decision in personnel areas such as draft choices. Spielman wouldn't discuss the timing of his hiring by the Vikings, and it's not known how many other candidates they might have interviewed.

MDFINFAN said:
Saban gets lucky in his 2nd year and have 2 great QB's to choose from and Speilman's bad when he didn't have those type of choices, please get real here..if speilman was here, Brees or Culpepper would still be on this team after this FA period..YOU guys need to open your eyes and minds..a lot of this same team that you rave about was brought here by Speilman and their the heart and soul of this team..without a lot of his moves, even when fighting Wanny, he still got some good talent here, but they were choosen for a different O and D..but still translate to Nick's way of doing things. Nick would love to get rid of Jason and Zach too, then he'll be free of all the big name of pass regimes so he could say he won with everything him..his ego is that big..JJ #2

If he traded a second rounder for Feeley and did not draft a Qb why would you think he would have landed one of those guys. He could have traded for a differant QB than Feeley, nobody put a gun to his head.

Van-Island Fins said:
This just in...... they are also looking at Wanny as chief talent scout and Ray Finkle as the kicker haha

Hey! I don't find that very funny!

Worst hire we ever made in the offseason, I am disgusted but what can we do? I hope Rick is fired after 1 year :boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom