Merged: Rick Spielman to the Vikings . . . | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Rick Spielman to the Vikings . . .

LarryFinFan said:
Seriously, as a talent scout/director he's pretty good. His problem is and will always be his association with Wanny...it's hard to seperate the two, but Spielman deserves another shot...Wanny on the other hand....well...enough said...

I agree. Speilman didn't have control here. Wanny always had his way. It's funny how people forget that Wanny made the fins bad, not Speilman. As for AJ...did he really ever get a shot? Wanny never wanted him in the first place and he was the HC. He decided who played regardless of who was brought in to challenge.

feelthepain said:
He wasn't one of my favorites, but I don't think he's had enough time in the league (as GM) to have either a good rep or bad. He did some good things for us and some bad. Remember he wanted Boldin and Wanny took Moore, he also gave up a second for AJ. I think he is good enough that over time he could do a decent job, I'm just glad we have who we have now. Good luck to him.

I think he learned from his very short stint as GM here. I too am glad we have Saban now.

BrazForPhins said:
I knew Spielman was behind the Culpepper trade.

:sidelol: :sidelol:

yeah he will soon speak of his wise knowledge and tactics like how to keep the water extra cold

this guy was pathetic hes just jelous because saban owned him

spielman wasn't exactly the most respected down here, i remember i was in fort lauderdale that december and people were ranting on WQAM about it, BUT this is the Minnesota Vikings front office so nothing suprirses me.

Jeez! In the immortal words of Ray Richardson "the ship be sinking". :shakeno:

Nobody should know how gullible Speilman is as much as the Vikings since they fooled him out of a free pick to move up one. Maybe they are just showing thier appreciation for giving away an unneccssary pick.

Right now im just glad were not gonna see him in NFL live anymore

NickJr. said:
Maybe he can pick up Feeley for a couple first round picks.
And the next head coach of the Vikings........Dave Wannystadt!!!:sidelol:

The really funny part of the article is talking about Fran Foley's mixed review draft. They will not have to worry about that with Speilman. His reviews will be consistant. i am sure that his resume is accuarate and a matter of public record of how bad a GM he was especially.

Back
Top Bottom